GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone just an update. Link have been very quiet for the past year but have sent me a letter dated 13/2/2020 offering me the option to clear my balance of £11280 by paying monthly direct debit payments of £112.80. If anyone can give me some advice I would be very grateful.

Comment

Hellllooooo.

can you afford the repayment's
      do you want to make the payment's
      do you have a file for the letters sent and received for this account?

if the answer to 1 & 2 is no, the answer to 3 is yes

then file and ignore. simples

look at it this way.

you are on their book as someone they want money off, along with a lot of other's they send a mix of letters ( templates) working through the many different ways of trying to get you to pay up,
      they will keep asking you to pay, in the hope that you will either get fed up of them asking and pay to make them go away, or get frightened enough to offer them your 1st born.
      You are now in charge of this debt, stop worrying about what if, it may never happen.

ignore, file, breath, smile and come back and post if you have any worries

Hugg NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by N888 View Post
        type of account: credit card (originally barclaycard)
        date commenced: 2003
        balance: £11300
        date of last full payment: august 2015
        currently paying £1 monthly since then.
        account owner: link financial (acquired September 2016

cca request sent recorded delivery 12/2/2018

second cca request sent 1/5/2018 including another £1 postal order. This time including date and address.

cca received from link financial 21/11/2018

copy of cca sent to webmaster@aad 22/11/18

reply to email 24/11/18 says the credit agreement is unenforceable and doesn't satisfy my s78 request

last £1 payment to link 13/1/2019

13/2/2020. Letter received from link offering me the option to pay off balance in monthly direct debit payments of £112.80.

^ ^ ^ this is the history of your old Barclaycard account which was opened in 2003.

I can see Niddy has told you it's unenforceable having looked at the documents Link sent you in response to your s77-79 CCA Request in November 2018.

The position hasn't changed since then so I see no need for you to reply to Link's "offer" to make monthly repayments by direct debit

Now might be a good time for you to send Barclaycard a Subject Access Request to see what data and documents they have on record for you. Always keep one step ahead of a debt purchaser.

Di

Comment

Thank you so much to both of you for replying. As always very helpful advice. I will send off for a SAR asap.

Comment

Link have been very quiet for the past year but have sent me a letter dated 13/2/2020 offering me the option to clear my balance of £11280 by paying monthly direct debit payments of £112.80. If anyone can give me some advice

What happened next

Are you still paying Link £1 per month on this unenforceable debt?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,
              I appreciate you taking the time to check in on my situation. My last payment of £1 to link was made on 13/01/2019 so coming up to 2 years now that I haven’t made any payments or had any contact with them. The last I heard from them was a letter dated 13/02/2020 offering me the option to pay £112.80 a month.

Comment

Received a letter from barclaycard today stating they have recently reviewed the credit limit I had with them and they said they think it was more than it should have been. So they are going to refund me £67 in interest and charges. The letter says that because my debt has been transferred to link financial outsourcing they have contacted link to reduce my balance by this amount. Just after some advice please on how this impacts my situation. thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi.

no need to worry, it just means your balance will be reduced by £67.
                  keep the letter safe incase needed in the future, proof you didn't pay it, proof of reduction in amount owed.

NW
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

because my debt has been transferred to link financial outsourcing they have contacted link to reduce my balance by this amount. Just after some advice please on how this impacts my situation.

Do you know whether this debt has been assigned (i.e. sold) to Link so they are the current debt owner, or was it “transferred” to Link as the Debt Collection Agent for Barclaycard who may still own the debt?

Di

Comment

Thanks for your reply night watch. Hi D, I’m not actually sure. On my credit file it says link financial.

Comment

Hi D, I’m not actually sure. On my credit file it says link financial.

In which case strictly speaking Barclaycard should have paid that ‘refund’ to you not Link.

However the debt is over £11k and unenforceable so you’re not paying it anyway with or without the £67 credit.

Ignore Barclaycard’s letter, but as NW says keep it safe in case Link try to claim you made a payment to scupper your chances of claiming Statute Barred when the time comes.

From what you say the refund is a calculation of interest and charges paid etc but no mention of perhaps causing the debt by offering a credit limit which they now admit, albeit tacitly, was too high and therefore irresponsible of them.

Di

Comment

Hi everyone would like to update on my situation if I may. I paid my last £1 payment to link financial in January 2019. Since then I have had no contact with them apart from random statement updates from them by letter. I received a letter today dated 1/9/22 from a company called morecroft stating that they want to collect the barclaycard debt which is owned by link. I’m after some advice please on what to do next and where I stand please. Sorry I haven’t been on here for a while I have been struggling badly for last couple years with my mental health. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ah! Moorcroft hopeful commission agents only (no powers), sit on your hands, letters etc add to diary by date, no answer them unless advised on here, you are not paying to road to possible Statute Barred started. as advised above keep letter in date order. on a diary on here.

Comment

Hi,
                              don't worry about not posting for a while, life can get the better of us all.
                              hate it when it throw's the full engine in and not just a spanner.

As for Morecroft, IGNORE them, they act as a collecting agent for a range of companies, have no real power, they get paid a percentage of what they can get you to cough up, so may hassle you for a while.

any problems just come back here see what we can help with,

Or message me, I have a lot going on in my home life at the moment, so not always on here, but a message will flag up.

enjoy your weekend

NW

Comment

Thanks so much for the help. Really grateful. Always feel slightly better about my situation after posting on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X