GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly Solicitors View Post

In which case strictly speaking Barclaycard should have paid that ‘refund’ to you not Link.
    However the debt is over £11k and unenforceable so you’re not paying it anyway with or without the £67 credit.

Ignore Barclaycard’s letter, but as NW says keep it safe in case Link try to claim you made a payment to scupper your chances of claiming Statute Barred when the time comes.

From what you say the refund is a calculation of interest and charges paid etc but no mention of perhaps causing the debt by offering a credit limit which they now admit, albeit tacitly, was too high and therefore irresponsible of them.

Di
    Just PRINT and keep a copy of this framed by your bedside!
    Why do you think Link are using MOORCROFT?
    Its a try on by Link ".. to scupper your chances of claiming Statute Barred when the time comes. .."

Comment

I have received a letter today from morecroft to say because I have not been in contact they are going to send a representative to my home address. And at the bottom of the letter a paragraph says “ to avoid further collection activities our client has informed us that we may be able to offer a substantial discount from your outstanding balance”
      im not sure what to do I’m not in a position to offer them anything but I really really can’t have them visiting my house because my wife and children will be there and they aren’t aware of my debt.

Comment

Originally posted by N888 View Post
        I have received a letter today from morecroft to say because I have not been in contact they are going to send a representative to my home address. And at the bottom of the letter a paragraph says “ to avoid further collection activities our client has informed us that we may be able to offer a substantial discount from your outstanding balance”
        im not sure what to do I’m not in a position to offer them anything but I really really can’t have them visiting my house because my wife and children will be there and they aren’t aware of my debt.
        First of all, don't discuss making any payment to them. Are you subscribed to AAD+? If you are, there is a template letter there you could send regarding harrassment and threat of a doorstep visit. That may stop them.

Comment

do nothing - anybody (local commission agent hopeful) would knock the door you ignore and they leave card asking to contact some obscure office their job done), no powers. moorcroft are only commission agent hopefuls no powers. sit on hands.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

First of all, don't discuss making any payment to them. Are you subscribed to AAD+? If you are, there is a template letter there you could send regarding harassment and threat of a doorstep visit. That may stop them.
            Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit get free proof posting, keep copy. do not respond to them.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

scary isn't it.
              this is what they are trying to do, frighten you with a threat of visiting your home, then making you think, " well I could see what the reduced amount is". I can tell you it won't be worth the call.
              All they want you to do is contact them to admit it is your debt, it won't stop "further collection activities" coz they want your money.

IF, note the IF, sometimes it is a phone call, but if they do attend your home, the wife or chilblains answer the door, they are not allowed to say why they want to talk to you, If you answer the door you don't have to even admit who you are, a polite, sorry not here, will suffice.
              they may ask that you contact them and leave a card or letter for you, just file it.

They have no power what so ever, they cannot take payments from you, they are connection agents, not Collection one's.

NW

Comment

Thank you for everyone’s help and support.

just to update I have received a letter from morecroft today 17/12/2022 to say that they haven’t had any contact from me so if I could contact them then there (client) is willing to make a considerable discount offer on the balance owed. I’m unable to make any offer so do I assume that I just file the letter and ignore?
                thanks.

Comment

bless them no xmas party, sit on your hands

Comment

Hiya.
                    yes just file, smile and get ready for Christmas.

hope you have a good one.
                    NW

Comment

Thank you for everyone’s help and support.

just to update I have received a letter from morecroft today 17/12/2022 to say that they haven’t had any contact from me so if I could contact them then there (client) is willing to make a considerable discount offer on the balance owed. I’m unable to make any offer so do I assume that I just file the letter and ignore?
                      thanks.
                      Hi

The correct way to conduct your diary is to bring it forward updated with these developments, then the forum is clear on what account you are referring to (without having to go searching) and has an immediate picture of how it has progressed.

Comment

type of account: credit card (originally barclaycard)
                        date commenced: 2003
                        balance: £11300
                        date of last full payment: august 2015
                        currently paying £1 monthly since then.
                        account owner: link financial (acquired September 2016

cca request sent recorded delivery 12/2/2018

second cca request sent 1/5/2018 including another £1 postal order. This time including date and address.

cca received from link financial 21/11/2018

copy of cca sent to webmaster@aad 22/11/18

reply to email 24/11/18 says the credit agreement is unenforceable and doesn't satisfy my s78 request

last £1 payment to link 13/1/2019

13/2/2020. Letter received from link offering me the option to pay off balance in monthly direct debit payments of £112.80.

3/9/2022. Letter received from morecroft asking to make payment arrangement with them for the outstanding balance on debt to link financial.

15/9/2022. another letter from morecroft asking me to contact them to set up an affordable monthly payment.

3/10/2022. another letter from morecroft asking me to make contact to set up a payment plan.

15/10/2022. letter received from morecroft telling me that they will be making a home visit

17/12/2022. received a letter from morecroft offering a substantial discount on my balance owed if I contact them.
                        Last edited by N888; 16 December 2022, 14:10.

Comment

[QUOTE=N888;n1507598]type of account: credit card (originally barclaycard)

[COLOR=#0000FF]cca request sent recorded delivery 12/2/2018

second cca request sent 1/5/2018 including another £1 postal order. This time including date and address.

reply to email 24/11/18 says the credit agreement is unenforceable and doesn't satisfy my s78 request

13/2/2020. Letter received from link offering me the option to pay off balance in monthly direct debit payments of £112.80.

3/9/2022. Letter received from morecroft asking to make payment arrangement with them for the outstanding balance on debt to link financial.

15/9/2022. another letter from morecroft asking me to contact them to set up an affordable monthly payment.

3/10/2022. another letter from morecroft asking me to make contact to set up a payment plan.

15/10/2022. letter received from morecroft telling me that they will be making a home visit

17/12/2022. received a letter from morecroft offering a substantial discount on my balance owed if I contact them.

23/2/2023. Letter received from link financial to inform me that my account has been returned to them from moorcroft. The letter contains a budget plan that they want me to complete so we can work out an affordable repayment plan.

diary update

Comment

23/2/2023. Letter received from link financial to inform me that my account has been returned to them from moorcroft. The letter contains a budget plan that they want me to complete so we can work out an affordable repayment plan.

diary update
                            You won't be completing that - will you??

Comment

[QUOTE=N888;n1547584]
                              type of account: credit card (originally barclaycard)

[COLOR=#0000FF]cca request sent recorded delivery 12/2/2018

diary update
                              I bet they want you to do that, they have wanted one completed by us for well over 6years now

Comment

[QUOTE=Still Waving;n1547588]

You won't be completing that - will you??

no definitely not.
                                it has been just over 4 years since I made any payment to them or had any contact with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X