GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome MSE Refugee - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome MSE Refugee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome MSE Refugee

I was hoping this would be an unbiased and productive forum and was looking forward to debate and helping folk etc. Seems instead to be one bashing other forums instead? Do you *have* to bash other forums to be welcome?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I truly hope not! You mean you're AAD but have an active MSE account

* vacant site team role coming up really soon
      You seem to really enjoy busting my chops lately.

Actually, I was referring to the fact that I was from MSE too! ie. thats where I started

Comment

Remeber Niddy no shouting at me for a month now. I do still have one indentity

Comment

Originally posted by Emmzi View Post
          I was hoping this would be an unbiased and productive forum and was looking forward to debate and helping folk etc. Seems instead to be one bashing other forums instead? Do you *have* to bash other forums to be welcome?

Its internal banter - we take the p!ss - read around, we are totally unbiased. You'll see the only bashing usually happens against banks and DCA's.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
            You seem to really enjoy busting my chops lately.
            Nooooo - just one of Niddy's sarcastic days

:niddy
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

For the newbies from MSE, I'll try and explain things so you can get a grasp of what it is that some snidey comments are based on.

We all came from another forum, most are ex MSE (search for us, we're there with same usernames) however in late 2009 we suffered horrendous abuse, for example I am called never-in-doubt (note the CaSe SeNsItIvItY) yet they allowed someone to join called Never-IN-Doubt and he went off calling black people, well you can imagine. He then went and started PMing disabled people calling them all sorts.

After no less than 170 complaints to MSE spanning a whole weekend the user was eventually removed. Not before the damage was done.

Thus, I moved and built this. To this day, most of us have never forgiven Martin Lewis or MSE for that - it was disgusting (we have screen shots of the PM's and to say it was vile is an understatement).

Similarly, on CAG when I set this site up I was active there - then a couple of years later I tried to log in and found myself banned so I emailed the owner (Marc Gander) who ignored me. Then we noticed he was systematically banning everyone that was registered on CAG that was part of AAD (childish?)....

That's that - we have all emailed asking what we did wrong considering most of us never posted for several years, we are still awaiting an answer. CAG tell people to get their credit file and pay £1 forever towards debts whereas that is crazy so we go there to say no, don't do this.

There is no friction, we take the piss - they stop debtors getting the best help by blocking links to all forums other than the CAG. That is not what we are about as we fight for consumer rights.

Hope this helps explain our position.

Comment

p.s we also don't use swear filters nor do we moderate posts unnecessarily so if people want to slag off other forums or other businesses then it's fine by me. What we do not tolerate is abuse to debtors. That's the only rule we have.

If people want to call ABC forum crap, they can the same as if they want to say MSE is crap - fine, it's their opinion so please share it.

You'll figure we are very relaxed and back our users 100%. Isn't that all that really matters? Ask our users, they're more than happy here - we are dedicated to one spectrum of consumer credit and as long as that integrity remains, so will we - bigger and stronger.

Comment

Niddy, you helped me the week after all that shit went on, you were ready to leave MSE, I never got the chance to say thanks, nor find out where you went until some one posted it on MSE this morning. So thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by downnotout View Post
                    Niddy, you helped me the week after all that shit went on, you were ready to leave MSE, I never got the chance to say thanks, nor find out where you went until some one posted it on MSE this morning. So thanks!
                    aaaaw thanks

do you remember it then? I thought most of us involved were already over here sorry for leaving you behind

Comment

It's ok, better late than never and yes I do remember, MSE has never really recovered since. Too many people over there are too judgemental and go unchecked, yet those that give out decent info are cast aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmzi View Post
                        Sorry to offend you, as Niddy says I have too much time on my hands . But no, forum bashing is not compulsory.

I personally have issues on MSE because I was verbally abused in a really not very nice way on there, some people know what about and with Cag because they do not seem to tolerate anyone questioning the official party line that the chosen few take. an example would be asking for an example of case law so you could get more knowledge and being banned
                        Last edited by jon1965; 5 June 2012, 21:19.

Comment

We had a user earlier, had a claim and within an hour of posting he's now in contact with our preferred solicitor.

Is that not what is worth bragging about? Well I do because that is what stands us out from the rest. If we can help 1 in 100 then we've done our job, however we have pretty much won (or got a result) with 80% of cases we've taken on here which is bloody good.

As I say, only a couple of hours ago we had a stressed debtor. Not now.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            We had a user earlier, had a claim and within an hour of posting he's now in contact with our preferred solicitor.

Is that not what is worth bragging about? Well I do because that is what stands us out from the rest. If we can help 1 in 100 then we've done our job, however we have pretty much won (or got a result) with 80% of cases we've taken on here which is bloody good.

As I say, only a couple of hours ago we had a stressed debtor. Not now.
                            You have a preferred solicitor? How does that work? Is there a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousA View Post
                              You have a preferred solicitor? How does that work? Is there a thread?
                              and why would you need one? If so PM or text me....

Check legal section mate - Paul.

Comment

Sorry again to butt in, I came here at a very low ebb. Lots of things wrong in my life, this lot have given me the will to fight , not just against PDL's and credit cards etc but with other BIG things in my life. No one has shouted at me (well part from when I deserve it) or judged me. I am more open on here than I could be on any other site.
                                I was even on the phone for 3 hours the other day with someone who has given me lots of moral support...now that is what a forum should be about. And I only came here in late Feb

Comment

Working...
                                X