GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Log Book Loans caught in "possibly criminal" sham - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Log Book Loans caught in "possibly criminal" sham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Log Book Loans caught in "possibly criminal" sham

One wonders if Jared works for the Mirror because how else could he of got hold of the link, seems I have put a cat among the pigeons lol.

Oh well niddy seemed to have enjoyed it rofl.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      If 90% of those who had debt problems knew and understood that, how many DCAs and their grubby cohorts would be out of business do you think?
      Not enough for my liking!

Pity Jared has gone because I wanted him/her to answer my next point which is this:

When finance companies lend money they do so with an element of risk. This risk is offset by two things:

1) Credit scoring system
      2) Interest rate

Consequently a lender makes an informed decision on whether to lend you money or not.

If you are not able to repay that money then the lender has already accepted that risk based upon your credit score and the interest rate they have offered you. This time the risk equation has gone against them, or has it..........

Because, and this will NOT be in the 'agreement' that Jared was so found of quoting, some lenders will seek a court judgement to turn an 'unsecured' debt into a 'secured' debt by obtaining a charging order against your home.

Hardly a fair relationship is it?
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        One wonders if Jared works for the Mirror because how else could he of got hold of the link, seems I have put a cat among the pigeons lol.

Oh well niddy seemed to have enjoyed it rofl.
        The well structured argument, research and knowledge that was evident in Jareds posts certainly was in keeping with the level of journalism at that redtop!
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          One wonders if Jared works for the Mirror because how else could he of got hold of the link..
          by clicking your bold name mate - its an URL

* we have feedback forms and when you leave an URL it adds it to your username... haha, thats standard - to avoid it, do not add an URL in that box - but well done, glad you did add it ,mate
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            What is so distasteful about this particular incident is the involvement of a "role model" in the shape of a footballer by the name of Shearer. Yes a bloody role model of greed and avarice. Perhaps as his empire collapses around him he won't be able to afford his flash cars and house in the Cotswolds and hopefully the muscle he employs now, will turn on him and his family when he can no longer pay them.
            Are you thinking of Alan Shearer or the man behind this company - Iain Shearer. I did a google search on him this morning and there was nothing about him being a footballer, just the Mirror story. I've no idea who he played for or even if it was professionally.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              the man behind this company - Iain Shearer.
              Played for Scottish club Hamilton Academical
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This is where it confirms it - judge

---> 128K-a-year Judge Charles Harris QC backs loan companies over crippling interest rate charges - mirror.co.uk

Mr Shearer, 61, who once played for Hamilton Academicals and is a former boss of Excel, the giant exhibition complex in London's Docklands, now runs a string of companies and lives in a £2million mansion near Moreton in Marsh, Glos.

Comment

Well if that's his flash car outside his fancypants mansion in the Cotswolds in that Mirror photo he shouldn't have much trouble raising a loan when the OFT put him out of business

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Played for Scottish club Hamilton Academical
                    Aaah, I see! A Scottish club. So not a proper footballer?
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

• Re: Log Book Loans caught in "possibly criminal" sham

can also point out that LBL don't always give you a loan on the car you own.... my landlady works for a car credit company in the last chance department, the people who refuse to pay.
                      They are a reputable company and will always try and help the people out, had one story, woman who's father was very ill, had to give up work to care for him so they halved her repayments while it was going on. Just goes to show there are some nice companies out there that lend and try and help as it doesn't pay them to repo the car unless they have too. Anyway back to the point. The number of cars LBL give loans on that are not owned by the borrower is shocking. A HPI check isn't difficult or expensive..
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Britain's biggest logbook loans brand active again

The BBC has learned that Britain's largest logbook loan brand is active again just days after the firm that owned it went into administration. Logbookloans.co.uk is now under the new ownership of Hermes Property Services Limited. It is offering loans at 478% APR secured against the value of a car or motorbike. The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) had taken steps to revoke the credit licence of the brand's previous owners.

Old laws
                        With a logbook loan, the lender has the right to seize a vehicle and sell it without going to court if they default on the loan. Such firms rely on an archaic piece of legislation, the Bills of Sale Act 1878, introduced before cars were even invented. It means that when you take out a loan your car becomes the property of the people lending you the money....Read more here---: Britains biggest logbook loans brand active again

Comment

I heard about this in MoneyBox on the BBC Home Service.

It seems that the credit side of LBL has been taken over by Herpes Property Services Limited who, although they have only just applied to have LBL added to their licence, are apparently already trading as if that name had been added. As Paul Lewis pointed out on MoneyBox, this is a bit naughty.

Perhaps the Office of Faffing and Twaddling will tell someone to stand on the naughty step for as long as five whole minutes?

Comment

Working...
                          X