GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Plan to force elderly into equity release to pay for care at home - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plan to force elderly into equity release to pay for care at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plan to force elderly into equity release to pay for care at home

It can be done as I said. Trusts are quite complex but given the correct professional advice they do work. Some of the problems occur because many people do not understand the legal differences between "Tenancies in Common" and "Joint Ownership". Even lawyers do get it wrong from time to time as per the Geoffrey Boycott case (of cricket fame) currently in progress through the High Court where he is really suing the lawyers who set his up in the first place for just this. 7 figure sum involved as well.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      WE suddenly, at a time of false financial crisis, can find £40Billion to give to the IMF who "promise" not to give it away to eurozone malcontents and wasters. Where the hell did that come from, I thought we had been told we had nothing??? Perhaps this latest government scam provides the answer, steal as much as you can from the weak, elderly and vulnerable that you can get away with, brand them all with clever marketing as wasters and scroungers. Perhaps Lord Ashcroft and numerous football clubs should be made to pay their taxes first---- Yes???
      No.

Much as one might wish "Lord" Ashcroft of Belize to pay his way, his tax bill is trivial compared to the enormous discount given - for no good reason - to Vodafone (link). Faced with a tax bill of over £7,000,000,000, they wangled a massive discount and agreed to pay a mere £1,250,000,000 which, although still a lot of money, is not nearly as much as they owed. What might Vodafone have done if HMRC had not conveniently capitulated? Might the board of directors have threatened to eat worms or push beans up their noses or, worse, to have a really long temper tantrum?

They must have been laughing all the way to their Lichtenstein bank.

Comment

Yes CC but I think you and I both know how these things are done.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Working...
        X