GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thousands of firms sued for rate arrears - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thousands of firms sued for rate arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands of firms sued for rate arrears

Thousands of firms sued for rate arrears

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 22nd February 2017 07:06
    Thousands of businesses across England and Wales were taken to magistrates courts last year for non-payment of their business rates.

The rates advisory firm CVS asked every local authority how many companies had been issued with a summons for the last financial year.
    It found that nearly 200,000 businesses had been summoned to court. That amounted to one in every eight businesses on average, with an even higher proportion in London. The research also found that nearly half of firms issued with a summons went on to be referred to bailiffs for enforcement proceedings. Middlesbrough borough council topped the list of authorities which issued the most summonses, with 25% of its businesses receiving a request to appear before the courts. It was followed by the London borough of Waltham Forest with 22%. Dartford borough council, Manchester city council, along with Ealing and Haringey councils in London, sued 21% of the their local businesses for non-payment. The survey suggests that in London a total of 39,098 businesses were told to appear before the courts for non-payment of rates, a figure which represents 16% of all businesses in the capital......Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Thousands of firms sued for rate arrears

just proves how over priced the rates are and people moaning now some going up 68% been reported. Tell the Tories are in power and I hope they are hitting the very same people who voted them in
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X