GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script AA may have to raise prices because of tax increase - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AA may have to raise prices because of tax increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA may have to raise prices because of tax increase

AA may have to raise prices because of tax increase

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 8th February 2017 20:21
    The AA has warned that it may have to raise its prices because the government has doubled the tax rate on insurance policies in less than two years. The breakdown service, which also reported a rise in personal memberships of 0.4% to 3,335,000 in the six months to the end of January, said it had so far absorbed the price rise. Insurance premium tax (IPT) was 6% in 2015, but is going up to 12% from June. The AA said it would look at its fees if the tax increased again.

'Important milestone'

"We have managed to protect our members," the AA explained. "But this is an industry-wide challenge and we will need to review our pricing policy in the context of any future increase in IPT." The increase in memberships - an "important milestone", according to the company - halted a long-standing drop in figures. It came after the AA signed up more members, with a 19% rise in new business year-on-year, and kept more existing customers, with its retention rate improving to 82%.....Source

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: AA may have to raise prices because of tax increase

The trouble with the AA/RAC/Green flag and the others is they have gone over to Insurance based companies for the Breakdown scene whereby years ago it was all an organisation/business run
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have breakdown cover with Auto Aid. At £42.35 per year (at last renewal) it's a lot cheaper than the main breakdown services. The difference is that you pay the breakdown garage and claim it back from Auto Aid. I haven't had to use them since I changed to them several years ago so I've saved myself hundreds of pounds that I would have paid to the AA.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

2gether seems a good one as well no up front payment fees look it up ??? £35-40 ish

Comment

Working...
        X