GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco Bank attack was unprecedented, says regulator - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco Bank attack was unprecedented, says regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Bank attack was unprecedented, says regulator

Tesco Bank attack was unprecedented, says regulator

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 8th November 2016 14:42
    The attack on Tesco Bank which led to money disappearing from 20,000 accounts "looks unprecedented in the UK", a regulator has said.

Andrew Bailey, chief executive of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) told MPs he was worried about weaknesses in banks' complex IT systems. About 40,000 accounts saw suspicious transactions over the weekend, of which half had money taken. Mr Bailey said he was confident that all those affected had been identified. Tesco Bank said that it was working as fast as possible to refund customers' accounts and expected to do so for all those affected by the end of Tuesday.

Online shopping blocked

Tesco Bank said it was hit by a "a systematic, sophisticated attack" at the weekend. An estimated one in seven Tesco Bank current accounts were affected. The bank's chief executive Benny Higgins said the bank knew "exactly" what the attack was, but could not say more because it was part of a criminal investigation. Current account customers have been blocked from making online payments using their debit card since Sunday. Mr Bailey, who was appearing before the Commons Treasury Committee, said the FCA and the bank wanted this function switched back on for customers as soon as possible.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Tesco Bank attack was unprecedented, says regulator

What they said about Talk Talk regulator comment! seems ti be beginning of cover up and possible a smaller fine
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X