GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ryanair's latest wheeze: Now passengers must pay £6 to check-in - You got to be Irish for this! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryanair's latest wheeze: Now passengers must pay £6 to check-in - You got to be Irish for this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryanair's latest wheeze: Now passengers must pay £6 to check-in - You got to be Irish for this!

Ryanair's latest wheeze: Now passengers must pay £6 to check-in - You got to be Irish for this!

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 19th October 2016 08:32
    ......more than four days before a flight

Ryanair is charging passengers £6 each to check in more than four days before flights. Many families like to check in for both outward and inbound flights before jetting off. Under the old rules, passengers with unreserved seats could do this for free a week before flights. The new rules mean holidaymakers going away for more than a few days will have to pay to check in for their return journey before they leave or find an internet connection abroad and check in using the Ryanair website or mobile phone app. If you fail to do so, you will be charged £45.......Source: Read more HERE

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Ryanair's latest wheeze: Now passengers must pay £6 to check-in - You got to be Irish for this!

I don't really see the problem with this. If you have a smartphone just install Ryanair's app (free...at the moment!) and download your boarding pass to it. Then scan the code at the airport just as you would a paper boarding pass. If you haven't got a smartphone, most hoteliers will print boarding passes for you.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Ryanair's latest wheeze: Now passengers must pay £6 to check-in - You got to be Irish for this!

i print both outgoing boarding passes and return, as it also allows me to skip the queue with the airline upon return as you can use any, luggage travels on same conveyor belt !!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How can you print the returning boarding pass at the same time as the outgoing if you can't check in until 4 days before?

I usually only take hand luggage...no queuing at check in or the baggage carousel

Comment

Would not fly with con air at any price .
          !

Comment

I have read somewhere that it is only for those that have not booked and paid for a seat, if you have then you can still print return boarding passes 30 days in advance,

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              How can you print the returning boarding pass at the same time as the outgoing if you can't check in until 4 days before?

I usually only take hand luggage...no queuing at check in or the baggage carousel
              i book my seats in advance for out going and returning Pixie . then can print them off up 4 weeks early (this depends on airline/travel operator)

Comment

That explains it. I usually travel alone so I don't bother booking a seat.

Comment

Working...
                X