GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Computer glitch hits women's pensions leaving tens of thousands at risk - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer glitch hits women's pensions leaving tens of thousands at risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer glitch hits women's pensions leaving tens of thousands at risk

Computer glitch hits women's pensions leaving tens of thousands at risk

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 5th October 2016 13:33
    Tens of thousands of women risk being paid too little state pension because of problems with government computer systems, experts have warned. Former Pensions Minister Steve Webb says up to 50,000 who took time out of work to care for children in the Eighties and Nineties may be at risk of losing out. Normally, you get a chunk of state pension for every year you pay National Insurance up to the maximum of 35 years. As these women were at home, rather than at work, they only accrued state pension entitlement if they claimed child benefit. But child benefit and NI records were kept on two separate computer systems. It is feared the systems have conflicting information and many errors could have occurred. ........Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Computer glitch hits women's pensions leaving tens of thousands at risk

just another thump for us slightly more mature women, look at the great pensions grab by successive governments, average fifties born woman is going to lose in the region of £20000 - £40000, because we are braving the brunt of the pension age equalisation. The government never told us and they never told or asked business to prepare for an influx of older, possibly not quite as fit workers, hence loads of Waspi (1950s born) women are in a position where they receive NO income from anywhere for 6 years through absolutely no fault of their own.

Comment

According to a programme a couple of weeks ago we ,( our age group ) baby boomers are to blame for everything .
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

don't get me started!!!!

Comment

K x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Remember they seemed to always pick on you young ins?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              just another thump for us slightly more mature women, look at the great pensions grab by successive governments, average fifties born woman is going to lose in the region of £20000 - £40000, because we are braving the brunt of the pension age equalisation. The government never told us and they never told or asked business to prepare for an influx of older, possibly not quite as fit workers, hence loads of Waspi (1950s born) women are in a position where they receive NO income from anywhere for 6 years through absolutely no fault of their own.
              been on this subject many a time! back in the 70s the Government was warned act now on Pension pots etc as after the war baby boomers will be in great numbers! and as usual put off till to-morrow = to-morrow never comes. except the thugs at that old decrepid building looking after their own pots.

Comment

Working...
              X