GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wonga admits double-charging customers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonga admits double-charging customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonga admits double-charging customers

Wonga admits double-charging customers

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 3rd October 2016 15:48
    The UK's biggest payday lender - Wonga - has admitted that it double-charged 7,000 customers for their loans on Friday.

It says an internal system error resulted in extra payments being taken from bank accounts. The customers affected have what are known as Flexi loans, which have to be paid off in three instalments over three months. Wonga has promised that extra costs and charges incurred will be refunded. One customer told BBC News that the mistake resulted in an additional £574 being taken from his bank account. His mortgage payment was bounced and over the weekend he was unable to buy a season ticket, or groceries, or fill up his car. He was on hold to Wonga for six hours at the weekend and again for three hours this morning......

Source: Read more HERE

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Wonga admits double-charging customers

time to shut them down also massive fine
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X