GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Overseas UK pensions 'blocked for spouses' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overseas UK pensions 'blocked for spouses'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overseas UK pensions 'blocked for spouses'

Originally posted by julian View Post
    Say a Spanish worker has worked for 14 years and comes to UK at 40 to work, and works for 25 years. They will only receive 25 years UK pension, and lose their Spanish pension as they have no contributions in the past 2 years and have not 15 years of contributions.
    Ah, but by then they will have a right to claim social security so they will make up the difference wouldnt they?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Depends on the job they do and the pay they were earning pre-retirement. In Spain you get 80% of the final pay as a pension in the Public Sector, the pension in the private sector depends on the sector and is contribution dependent, although many have private arrangements as well.

Pension Credit is a benefit not a right like a pension and they must stay in UK to keep it.

Just saying that there are injustices in pensions wherever you are domiciled.
      Last edited by julian; 7 May 2013, 12:59.

Comment

Read sometime ago that the Swiss Government makes up pensions to a decent level above UK pension amount for those resident in switzerland = says it all?

Brown thieved our pensions no wonder they are near worthless, yet he sold our Gold for less than a bag of peanuts, all this stuff in the media all since Cameroooon & co have made mess ups, = trying to get peoples minds away from their problems, same old historical methods, no wonder the country never comes out of a mess. they live decades behind anybody else,.

Have you seen debate rooms and all the empty chairs around the table? they are in the Bar or out looking for a DIY Screw!
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 7 May 2013, 13:04.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X