GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reform to bankruptcy removes court process for debtor petitions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reform to bankruptcy removes court process for debtor petitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reform to bankruptcy removes court process for debtor petitions

May be a few questions answered below?.........
    Attached Files

Comment

That is just the MAT consultation response I think.

The actual government summery response is this.

Govt Response.doc

Response Statement placed in both Houses: 9 October 2012

INSOLVENCY PETITION REFORM

At the end of last year the Government consulted on proposals to reform court processes for entry into bankruptcy and compulsory winding up.

These built upon earlier proposals consulted on by the previous administration to reform the debtor bankruptcy petition process, that is where the indebted individual is petitioning for their own bankruptcy. The consultation also proposed to replace the courts in the order-making process in creditor petition bankruptcy and certain company winding up petitions with a new administrative process.

Responses to our consultation showed that there is still general support for reform of the debtor petition bankruptcy process. Many concerns were expressed, however, about the proposals for introducing an administrative regime to remove courts from the order-making process in creditor petition bankruptcy and company winding up proceedings.

Having considered the consultation responses, the Government has decided to take forward changes just to the process for dealing with debtor bankruptcy applications and has today included the measure as a proposed new clause in the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill. Instead of applying to the court for a bankruptcy order, individuals will instead make a bankruptcy application to an Adjudicator, which would be a new office based within the Insolvency Service.

Taking courts out of the process of considering bankruptcy petitions presented by debtors will free up court resources to deal with matters which require judicial input and provide scope for the introduction of a modern, electronic application process.

JO SWINSON MP
      Minister for Employment Relations, Consumer and Postal Affairs
      Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Confirmed in that ^^^^^

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        I also read it like that, my comments were just about the ridiculously low threshold for forced BRs, there's nothing there that would indicate it will be easier for CREDITORS to FORCE BRs...
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was just wandering now that these new rules have been made will a faulty DN still be good to use as part of your defence if a claim is issued against you by the creditor?

Reason I ask is I know many receive letters from DCA's with threats of legal action and many of us file & ignore...but now should we be taking more serious note of these letters....and trying to resolve the debt problems before we get issued with a claim? as defending against getting a ccj is very hard unless you have a rock iron defence....and now since these new rules we will have to fight that much harder...don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
            I was just wandering now that these new rules have been made will a faulty DN still be good to use as part of your defence if a claim is issued against you by the creditor?

Reason I ask is I know many receive letters from DCA's with threats of legal action and many of us file & ignore...but now should we be taking more serious note of these letters....and trying to resolve the debt problems before we get issued with a claim? as defending against getting a ccj is very hard unless you have a rock iron defence....and now since these new rules we will have to fight that much harder...don't you think?
            This case changed the problem in our favour:-

American Express v Brandon case.

Comment

Thanks Tech....so guess it is good news for us? sorry bit slow this evening been a long day

Comment

I think I posted this in the wrong thread lol!! should have posted below>

Lenders given fast-track to switch your unpaid credit card debt on to your property - Page 3 - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
                  I think I posted this in the wrong thread lol!! should have posted below>

Lenders given fast-track to switch your unpaid credit card debt on to your property - Page 3 - allaboutFORUMS
                  Moved the post over for you TR99
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                  X