GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    I also wouldn't be surprised if it were a deliberate act by Clarkson himself to push the BBC into firing him!
    So that he can stand for UKIP in the coming Parliamentary Election?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      Could get rid of the BBC - just another Quango of less proportion of entertainment. out with the old and in with the new, the days of Charles Dickens long gone.
      Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Worse are the proposed plans to charge every household instead of just us with TVs (to cover online etc) but tbh it needs abolished in totality.

Granted the beeb was always seen as the neutral voice of the UK but come on. Back in the day we needed the Beeb. Now we don't.
      And we'll all be so much happier with that nice Mr Murdoch telling us all what to think.

Also criminalisation should be revoked.
      Yes, it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        Not really a fan of Clarkson and Top Gear but do admire him for putting his (metaphorical) fingers up to political correctness.
        And for being determined to call a blackamoor a nr? blank

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          few on TV obnoxious characters , I met in the past, and some people think they are great BUT what you see on TV and in real life character can/will be far different.

Having met and worked with quite a few infamous "celebs" from film and TV in the course of my work I would agree with you, some do have a on screen persona that is completely differnent away from the camera's ....BUT in Clarkson's case..... obnoxious...pompous..."do you know who I am" type of guy fits him perfectly ....

And his fellow Top Gear presenters ...
          Richard Hammond ?....well I have absolutely no idea what the point of having him on the show is ?
          James May, well at least he can produce some wit to the show and raise a laugh to help relieve the boredom factor that the programme content as now fallen into....

Comment

blah blah - shurrup moaning.

The three guys are legends in their own right and the fact the show is so old now and the fact it is still one of the BBC's highest ranked programs confirms that they are ace. Jezza may be pompous, so what - he's still awesome in his own right. I mean who else would drive that car around Argentina like he did..... ballsy as they come

I heart Jezza
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

blah blah - shurrup moaning.

The three guys are legends in their own right and the fact the show is so old now and the fact it is still one of the BBC's highest ranked programs confirms that they are ace. Jezza may be pompous, so what - he's still awesome in his own right. I mean who else would drive that car around Argentina like he did..... ballsy as they come

I heart Jezza
              Legends ?.... ..niddy mate go have a lie down in a darkened room until the feeling passes..

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                Legends ?.... ..niddy mate go have a lie down in a darkened room until the feeling passes..
                Oh come on. The buffoon is such an oaf he's a legend!! Lol
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oh come on. The buffoon is such an oaf he's a legend!! Lol
                  Buffoon or Baboon.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	chimpanzee7-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1407504

Comment

50 / 50

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                      And his fellow Top Gear presenters ...
                      Richard Hammond ?....well I have absolutely no idea what the point of having him on the show is ?
                      James May, well at least he can produce some wit to the show and raise a laugh to help relieve the boredom factor that the programme content as now fallen into....
                      They fit a standard type of comedy team:

Will Hay, Graham Moffat & Moore Marriot
                      Larry, Moe & Curly - the Three Stooges
                      Foggy, Compo and Cleggy.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        They fit a standard type of comedy team:

Will Hay, Graham Moffat & Moore Marriot
                        Larry, Moe & Curly - the Three Stooges
                        Foggy, Compo and Cleggy.
                        Cloggy, Niddy and Alland?

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                          Cloggy, Niddy and Alland?

Personally, I can't stand Clarkson but what has annoyed me is that people are so obsessed with so-called celebrities that more than 500,000 sign a petition within a day or so to get him re-instated yet the Petition to Reverse State Pension Age which affects so many people, especially women has "only" received just over 50,000 signatures in more than 18 months. People need to get their priorities right!
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            Personally, I can't stand Clarkson but what has annoyed me is that people are so obsessed with so-called celebrities that more than 500,000 sign a petition within a day or so to get him re-instated yet the Petition to Reverse State Pension Age which affects so many people, especially women has "only" received just over 50,000 signatures in more than 18 months. People need to get their priorities right!
                            I do have my priorities right - that's why II have yet to sign.

I'm just waiting for the state retirement age to be set at 70; I'd be more than happy if those digits were then reversed.

Comment

I've also signed another online petition - https://www.change.org/p/death-bring...erry-pratchett

Comment

What was that programme I watched in Far Lands? T.G??????
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X