GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Storms expected after temperatures peak early in week - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storms expected after temperatures peak early in week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storms expected after temperatures peak early in week

Storms expected after temperatures peak early in week.

The UK heatwave will hit its highest temperatures on Sunday and Monday, before giving way to thunderstorms and potential flooding, forecasters say.

Temperatures are forecast to reach 30C (86F) again on Sunday and as high as 34C (93F) on Monday in some parts of the country.

But from Monday evening through to Wednesday increased humidity will cause thunderstorms and risks of flooding.

The Met Office has issued a 24-hour rain warning for Tuesday.

The yellow alert covers all of Wales and all but the far north of England, and warns people to be aware that there may be disruptive storms.

A Met Office spokeswoman said large amounts of rainfall coming down in short periods on to dry ground could lead to localised flooding.

Read more -- > BBC News - Storms expected after temperatures peak early in week
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Storms expected after temperatures peak early in week

Good old global warming...

(although must say pretty cooler here than its been today)

Comment

Re: Storms expected after temperatures peak early in week

we only need a couple days of it, to break the Air..............and bring back some more sunshine, as i ain't planning on getting married indoors whilst its pishing it down with indoor photos of our wedding.............

been checking weather forecast the last 3 weeks, temperature is due to drop mid next week, sitting steadily ready for some sunshine on 2nd august. Don't care after the wedding, as its due forecast of 3 wks rain, whilst we'll be abroad basking in 90F
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X