GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bigger and brighter 'supermoon' to light up night sky - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger and brighter 'supermoon' to light up night sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger and brighter 'supermoon' to light up night sky

Bigger and brighter 'supermoon' to light up night sky

The night sky is set to be illuminated later by what will appear to be a much bigger and brighter Moon.

The so-called "supermoon" occurs when the Moon reaches its closest point to earth, known as a perigee full moon.

The effect is to make the Moon seem 14% bigger and 30% brighter than when it is furthest from the planet.

Skywatchers who miss the phenomenon this weekend because of cloudy skies will have to wait until August 2014 for the next one.

Space expert Heather Couper said "supermoons" were the result of coincidence.
    "The Moon goes round in an oval orbit so it can come very close to us, and if that coincides with a full moon, then it can look absolutely enormous," she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.
    She explained that when the Moon was high in the sky, it looked normal.

But as it got closer to the horizon, a "kind of optical illusion" occurred where it looked bigger when compared with trees or houses, she said.
    She suggested it might be possible to dispel the illusion by turning away from the Moon, bending over and looking at the sky from between your legs.

BBC Weather's Darren Bett said he was confident most people in the UK would be able to see the Moon at some point on Saturday night, but warned it might be fleeting.

Read more -- > BBC News - to light up night sky

She suggested it might be possible to dispel the illusion by turning away from the Moon, bending over and looking at the sky from between your legs.
    Hope you all try this one
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Bigger and brighter 'supermoon' to light up night sky

Oh shit, does that mean super werewolves? I'm defo closing the window tonight lol
    I'm an official AAD Researcher and also a volunteer, but I don't manage the day to day running of the forum. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
      Oh shit, does that mean super werewolves? I'm defo closing the window tonight lol
      Dog Soldiers is on later - whatever you do, watch that the werewolves are great
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It does indeed Poppy -- >

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          You've got to be joking, I ain't watching that. I won't sleep lol
          I'm an official AAD Researcher and also a volunteer, but I don't manage the day to day running of the forum. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here.

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
            It does indeed Poppy -- >

That will be me, running to hide under the duvet. I may even need to close the blinds as you can see the moon laying in bed. Lol

Comment

I'm going to - and I am on my own all night in the dark as well

Niddy eats werewolf for breakfast
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I haven't seen that film

Hmm don't think I will either!!

That will be me, running to hide under the duvet. I may even need to close the blinds as you can see the moon laying in bed. Lol

Comment

British horror with class and humour. Excellent film.

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                    I haven't seen that film :
                    Its a good film, just don't watch it when you're alone in the dark, just before bed with a full moon haha

Comment

That would be me tonight then...OH is working

Comment

Anyone that has seen "Bruce Almighty" knows what to expect when the moon is that close!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If it wasn't cloudy here I'd be able to see it.....
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Its a good film, just don't watch it when you're alone in the dark, just before bed with a full moon haha

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                            If it wasn't cloudy here I'd be able to see it.....
                            Same here

Comment

Same here too cloudy ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X