GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking mad! Council paint double yellow lines on narrow alleyway - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking mad! Council paint double yellow lines on narrow alleyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking mad! Council paint double yellow lines on narrow alleyway

"It seems that our contractors forgot just how big cars actually are when they painted this one."

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	1415052
    Read more here: Parking mad! Council paint double yellow lines on narrow alleyway - Yahoo! News UK

Hapless Swindon Borough Council have blamed the mistake on the contractors, saying the workers had somehow forgotten "just how big cars actually are". The Council said the parking measure had been painted as part of an initiative to clamp down on illegal parking in alleyways.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Parking mad! Council paint double yellow lines on narrow alleyway

^^^ Brilliant 5corps
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Is this in the same town ?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

this in norwich made me laugh the other day (worlds smallest double yellows now according to guiness !!)

Comment

I'd love to put a dinky / corgi / airfixcar therre and see if got a ticket!!!

Comment

Thought the young lad interviewed by the beeb had it spot on for the first photo.

He said I pay for these services and this is a waste of money. How about removing the paint on the wall instead of wasting paint on the road.

But of course councillors wont do anything or withhold payment. The private company wont come back and remove them for free cause its public money and the idiot who painted them wont admit he fecked up. So many companies have stopped their workforces thinking now. A simple phonecall. Hey guv are you sure you want lines on a road 4ft across its going to look very silly.

Comment

I commented on BT page and a certain poster (Stephen Hawkins) probably not the Stephen stated and what about wheel chairs and prams not able to pass thru the lane, because a motorbike in way, well I have not commented as if there was a problem then a Signpost would be at each end with caution

Comment

Someone had a 'liquid' lunch eh!!

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                X