GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Disability Benefit Reform: 500,000 Set To Lose Allowance To Save Government £2.2bn - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disability Benefit Reform: 500,000 Set To Lose Allowance To Save Government £2.2bn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disability Benefit Reform: 500,000 Set To Lose Allowance To Save Government £2.2bn

A very good read:
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Disability Benefit Reform: 500,000 Set To Lose Allowance To Save Government £2.2bn

Originally posted by Flossy View Post

I understand that you have your views and that is absolutely fine but the aggression that comes with your view is not necessary.

I didn't say that 'all children with ADHD of underclass parents don't deserve it'I was agreeing with people just having kids all the time as an excuse to claim benefits.
      I'm not sure if that was directed at me or not but there's no aggression.... not sure where that one comes from.

We don't have to agree either....

Last edited by PriorityOne; 18 May 2012, 23:15.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think we are missing one fundamental thing - it's all about cuts and nothing else!

IDS is a woman's pee through who thinks that we are all plebs, I hope he has a very safe seat next election!

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
          I think we are missing one fundamental thing - it's all about cuts and nothing else!

IDS is a woman's pee through who thinks that we are all plebs, I hope he has a very safe seat next election!
          Nah he and the rest of them would have alienated too many citizens by then lol

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Nah he and the rest of them would have alienated too many citizens by then lol
            Come the day of the revolution eh?

ALL MP's should be barred from standing for office unless they have 10 years experience in the real working world and not the effin namby pamby way these tossers today are brought up! After all it is supposed to be US they are working for and not themselves, I bet there isn't a single one of them needs the salary they take from us.

Politics eh? Many a war started by these gits - then fought for by US

Churchill: We will fight them on the beaches - meaning YOU will fight them on the beaches while we hide here 70 feet underground and ready to evacuate to the USA.
            Last edited by vossy; 19 May 2012, 09:39.

Comment

Yes it is all about cuts, we have to face that. We need to cut public expenditure (by how much and where and does some need to increase is not what we are debating here)

It is a great ideal that all disabled people get the right beneft, yet surely we need to agree that there are degrees of disability and levels of support that we need. The ADHD issue is in my opinion one that is a perfect example. Some sufferers are in genuine need of support but some quite frankly need good olf fashioned discipline and boundaries and it is possibly the parents who need the help.

We want to be fair but i am sure we all pass judgement, we see people who we believe are not entitiled to benefits. For example, the neighbour who claims higher rate mobility yet can manage to mow the grass and may have abused the system for many years.
              The easy option is to attack mental illnes because we can't see it but that doesn't mean it is any less real however I believe the deverity of it can be manipulated by people unless they are assessed by professionals in that field. So maybe I could fool an ATOS assesor but not a mental health professional , or a new doctor and not a seasoned GP

It is the most complex of issues and everyone who is in receipt of benefit obvioulsy has a vested interest that "their" disability is classified as real

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                Yes it is all about cuts, we have to face that. We need to cut public expenditure (by how much and where and does some need to increase is not what we are debating here)

It is a great ideal that all disabled people get the right beneft, yet surely we need to agree that there are degrees of disability and levels of support that we need. The ADHD issue is in my opinion one that is a perfect example. Some sufferers are in genuine need of support but some quite frankly need good olf fashioned discipline and boundaries and it is possibly the parents who need the help.

We want to be fair but i am sure we all pass judgement, we see people who we believe are not entitiled to benefits. For example, the neighbour who claims higher rate mobility yet can manage to mow the grass and may have abused the system for many years.
                The easy option is to attack mental illnes because we can't see it but that doesn't mean it is any less real however I believe the deverity of it can be manipulated by people unless they are assessed by professionals in that field. So maybe I could fool an ATOS assesor but not a mental health professional , or a new doctor and not a seasoned GP

It is the most complex of issues and everyone who is in receipt of benefit obvioulsy has a vested interest that "their" disability is classified as real

Yeah that's the thing, how can a non professional overrule either your GP or Consultant? I did read somewhere that eventually they will be using a computer program instead of these panels, some spotty 17 year old pressing keys - that really inspires me with confidence.

I do have a vested interest too.

Comment

Iain Duncan Smith defended the reforms which could see people without limbs, including ex-servicemen and women, no longer entitled to disability benefits as their everyday mobility is not undermined by their prosthetic limbs.

He told the Daily Telegraph: "It's not like incapacity benefit, it's not a statement of sickness. It is a gauge of your capability. In other words, 'Do you need care, do you need support to get around?'. Those are the two things that are measured. Not, 'You have lost a limb'."
                  Quite.

Someone with only one leg can still hop, can't he?

Furthermore, after having proved himself to be even nastier than the Rt. Hon. Member for Transylvania East, Mr Mikhail Hecht, the baby-faced papist who is the current Chingford strangler should be a shoe-in for Party Fuhrer when David Cameron resigns or is forced out.
                  Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 19 May 2012, 12:01.

Comment

Excellent post.
                    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

The level of potential abuse in the incapacity benefit system has shocked ministers, who now believe that many people are also being wrongly categorised as “disabled” by the benefits system.
                      Such was one of the untruths repeatedly peddled by "Lord" David Fraud, the sometime merchant banker who became a self-declared expert on disability and who seems to have forgotten about the fate of his wider family when he endorsed the old lie, "Arbeit macht frei!".

The Work and Pensions Secretary said: “It’s like incapacity benefit, we’ve got to be careful because these are vulnerable people.
                      As they certainly are not taking care with people who claimed IB, one may expect their antics with PIP to be just as uncaring, slip-shod, scrappy and inappropriate.

There has been a lot of nonsense talked about it in the last few months, lots of letters asking about it. It’s now just beginning to seep in what we are doing. There are all sorts of scaremongering going on about how we are getting rid of it, slashing it, cutting it. The reality is that for the most part that’s not true.”
                      Liar.

He added: “There is a big difference between what Tony Blair tried to do and what we are doing. Tony Blair’s government tried to attack DLA, just to restrict it. We’re not doing that. What we’re saying is we need to address DLA’s problems, to reform it. We are creating a new benefit, which we think will be better. We are actually reforming this process to improve it.”
                      To my mind, that shews the danger of letting papists into Government, as any untruths they utter may be expunged from their consciences and absolution granted if they merely confess their sins to a kiddy-fiddling priest.

Comment

Vossy I too have a vested interest. Not in DLA but in ESA.

Comment

Vossy I too have a vested interest. Not in DLA but in ESA.
                          My wife receives DLA (over 10 years) and I am her carer, I had to give up my business to take care of her in 2004. It all looks bleak at the moment but we will cross those bridges when we come to them.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                            I'm not sure if that was directed at me or not but there's no aggression.... not sure where that one comes from.

We don't have to agree either....

Im sorry P1 it wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at Pre after asking both of us what qualifications we have... Hence me starting off with "I am also a female"....

I agreed with you but, I was agreeing about DLA being awarded to the wrong people and not to what you wrote but that many know the system too well and get away with it when you get people like Di and her son being interviewed (as in a previous discussion) due to his problems... If he was offered the help as Di says then things would be different.. There seems to be no one out there that can give help and support to the right people.

POP (as I call him) was completely right with saying they need to get rid of the "bling" the government have a lot to answer for!

Comment

Im sorry P1 it wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at Pre after asking both of us what qualifications we have... Hence me starting off with "I am also a female"....

I agreed with you but, I was agreeing about DLA being awarded to the wrong people and not to what you wrote but that many know the system too well and get away with it when you get people like Di and her son being interviewed (as in a previous discussion) due to his problems... If he was offered the help as Di says then things would be different.. There seems to be no one out there that can give help and support to the right people.

POP (as I call him) was completely right with saying they need to get rid of the "bling" the government have a lot to answer for!
                              No worries Flossy... I just thought it best to ask...
                              Yes... unfortunately, DLA is often awarded to the wrong people and it makes it hard for those who truly need it because the procedures are made more and more rigorous for people usually too ill/tired to keep on fighting. This tends to affect genuine claimants the most.... not that our Government(s) seem to care...

ADHD is a particular label for the politically correct term "challenging behaviour" that gets my back up, probably because of the day job and what I see going on, to be honest. It should never have been medicalised as an "illness" in the early 1990s but since it has, underclass parents (in particular) have latched onto it as a cash cow for years.... and the more kids they can pop out and have "diagnosed", the more Benefit perks they can (try and) get. ODD is another example....

.... and since ADHD/ODD children are usually all found on the SEN register, what normally happens is that they get put in classes with autistic children and those with other learning difficulties.... which tends to hold them back because a) they feel intimidated and/or, b) they experience too much white noise, which makes progress difficult. Many schools are run like this.... unless they are special EBD schools (emotional/behavioural difficulties) where some of the hard core/violent kids are sometimes boarded.
                              Remember the mantra:
                              NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                              Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                              Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No worries Flossy... I just thought it best to ask...
                                I thought you had realised I wasnt talking about you as we had both been 'shot at' and asked our professions! I didn't like the aggressive nature of the comment we both received at the beginning of the thread. LOL

I dont have any experience in this are of ADHD/ODD children so I cant comment but, it does get my back up when you have many people with nothing wrong able to claim all benefits not just DLA and the more they get the more kids they have. Thats isn't everyone but, quite a lot of cases are from the people working the system and will do anything (like have kids) just for that extra money.

I get upset when I hear about cases like on here no so long ago with Panther12 not being able to get his DLA as they stopped it and he was left in a state to the point he was so depressed he was on the edge.

I completely agree with POP (pomey)and the government. They have a lot to answer for.

Comment

Working...
                                X