Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot

Cabot Financial wrote to me this month re my old Capital One account. The current Creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited. Any help?

Comment

Try not to worry. Treat them like anything else, so reply as you usually would now.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Is there any update on the Cabot (UK) validity? If they are following up their mild threats with the Rottweilers, should we gird our loins?

Comment

I'll seek clarity on it but for now I would suggest treating them the same as all other DCA's - so after the initial into letter, if they then start hassling you it would be worth sending a typical response back - so treat them as usual, like any other DCA.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            treat them as usual, like any other DCA.

. . . . with the contempt they deserve heavily disguised as a polite but firm template letter

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I'll seek clarity on it but for now I would suggest treating them the same as all other DCA's - so after the initial into letter, if they then start hassling you it would be worth sending a typical response back - so treat them as usual, like any other DCA.
              Thanks Sir Nid,
              I'll send them Account Sold, with my great pleasure
              (Though of course, I have a choice of Cabots to write to seeing as they aren't sure themselves on my letter, who the actual DCA is....!)
              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

So "the Cabot Credit Management Group has bought the account... and we're now responsible for helping manage your account and receiving your payments".

I don't like the attempt of being chatty by using 'we're', but glad they are responsible. Since when can anybody be responsible for receiving payments? Does that mean they have to have a postbox or do they stand at the end of the garden path waiting for the postie? who Cabot (UK) Cabot CM Group, Cabot(Europe)?

Such disarray, goody!

Comment

As Cabot haven't been able to agree a payment plan with me ,the account will be reviewed to determine whether or not to commence legal action.To prevent this i am to contact them within 10 days.Cabot Financial at top of letter, at the bottom it says current creditor Cabot Financial UK Limited.I'm confused ( surprisingly).
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

^ I've just received the very same letter Tiz fine though. I'm quite happy for them to take their time thinking about what to do. I've been receiving phone calls as well but I'm never in, which is a crying shame, he he.

Comment

• Re: Cabot

I keep forgetting to switch my mobby on x

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm in the same boat with Crapital 1 selling it to Cabot who have now instructed Shoosmiths.
                        Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Cabot have tried to contact me to discuss account, as they can't they are referring to Restons who will want to speak to me in 7 days .

Comment

So are they spreading the joy to Shitsmooths and Rectums to give them all a bit of the action or to confuse?

Comment

Did you know that Cabot understand debt and want to share their thoughts with some poor unsuspecting wretch? They are prepared to reduce the debt they own to allow the wretch to become free from the debt sooner, subject to appropriate payment. If he sniffs at this kind offer what is the proposal to pay? Solomon's choice or what?

I believe in Father Christmas and fairies, world peace and that George O is a lovely man.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                                So are they spreading the joy to Shitsmooths and Rectums to give them all a bit of the action or to confuse?
                                I've had dealings with Rectums and ShitSmooth, they are both bastards. They never supply the data you want and they try to brow beat you into things. So far it is going in my desired direction and I fully intend, with the help of AAD, to keep it going that way!
                                Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X