GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Important Site Upgrade - December 2019 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Site Upgrade - December 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Originally posted by JustAboutMad View Post
    Site boots you out far too fast when trying to reply to posts. I often get p'eed off by the error message whilst typing and just quit replying.
    As Di says above, tick the remember me option when you click to login.

All that does is remember the session, so when you close the browser / turn pc off whatever - you still login next time. It's only for that session, whereas by not ticking it - it will timeout due to inactivity in 5-10mins.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by JustAboutMad View Post
    Site boots you out far too fast when trying to reply to posts. I often get p'eed off by the error message whilst typing and just quit replying.

If you tick the box 'Remember me' when you login that should solve your problem - it prevents you from being timed out.

Di

Leave a comment:

• JustAboutMad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• February17
    replied
    Working really well now, nice and speedy and not seen a page timeout for ages

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Email alerts are sent but we throttle them so during busy periods not all are sent, but it's something we'll look into later as I need to fix a few old emails that show traces of old code used.

it's on my list to do.

Leave a comment:

replied
    In the last few days I've stopped getting email alerts when a member posts on a thread to which I'm subscribed.

I get email alerts when I'm quoted, mentioned/tagged, and when I'm liked (thank you folks ) but not when a post is made on the thread.

I've switched my notifications off and on again to see if that does the trick.

On the plus side, the upgrade has a brilliant new feature.

If I time-out while making/composing a post (because the phone rings etc) I can still make the post when I return because a pop-up asks me to enter my password, and then I'm logged in again as if by magic.

No more losing posts in mid-post.

Di

Leave a comment:

• stevieb
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I'm no longer getting the error 503 service unavailable messages when I click on links in my current email alerts and/or my saved links.

Whatever you did, it worked

Di
    I fixed it

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

We are aware of the 503 service error - this is being looked into and will be resolved asap.

. . . . We will redirect the www to the main site when we get round to it

I'm no longer getting the error 503 service unavailable messages when I click on links in my current email alerts and/or my saved links.

Whatever you did, it worked

Di

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Easiest way is read this guide - nice n easy.

https://uk.pcmag.com/browsers/41051/...on-any-browser

Leave a comment:

• February17
    replied
    Great the site is back I missed it.

Working really well apart from the occasional 503 service not available.

For people having problems working out how to clear cache and cookies ccleaner.com is useful, the free version is all that is needed. (you will lose other cookies as well)

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Unenforceability area :- states:-
    ? This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.
    Details
    No. Your cache is doing this and / or it has www in the url.

see my last post. The site is 100% mega secure. If you are actually on our site and not using old url / bookmarks etc. ?

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Unenforceability area :- states:-
    ? This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.
    Details

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

So far so good

I keep getting the message "503 Service Unavailable. No service is available to handle this request".

If I refresh the page that usually works.

My saved threads/links (400+) show the same 503 error message which clears when I refresh.

The speed of the upgraded forum compensates for these little niggles.

Di
    We are aware of the 503 service error - this is being looked into and will be resolved asap.

Saved links may not work as I have changed loads of static pages, threads, moved stuff and most importantly - removed the www from the URL so best bet is not to use bookmarks for a live forum as they can change daily - especially when I am in the middle of such a mass clean-up.

If you see the 503 page just press Ctrl and F5 at the same time and it should refresh things and show the forum. If you click into the URL and notice is has www after the https:// (i.e. https://www.....) then remove the ww so it reads https://all-about.... and things will be fine. We will redirect the www to the main site when we get round to it - this was missed in the upgrade (apologies for that).

Thanks for your feedback. Keep it coming if you spot anything else.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by stevieb View Post
    have made some changes can we see how it runs over tomorrow *Thursday*

So far so good

I keep getting the message "503 Service Unavailable. No service is available to handle this request".

If I refresh the page that usually works.

My saved threads/links (400+) show the same 503 error message which clears when I refresh.

The speed of the upgraded forum compensates for these little niggles.

Di

Leave a comment:

• stuckinarut
    replied
    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in getting the forum up and running, we have pretty much rebuilt it from the ground up then plonked the whole thing on a superfast cloud cluster which will pretty much mean that not only will we stay lightning fast at all times, but the old issues of past should now be gone once and for all.

Sadly vBulletin isn't the best and certainly not the most user-friendly when it comes to fixing the smallest things which is why we've taken so long to get the insecurities resolved (luckily we have Steve whereas vB don't).....

Anyway, the key thing is we're all fine now and you'll notice a few new features as well such as the ability to directly share a post to facebook / twitter when reading it - however please note you cannot share posts that are in private sections, all that will do is share a link to the forum and whoever clicks it would not be able to see anything anyway - so although it's a handy new feature please do not abuse it as we will be monitoring its usage and anyone found sharing posts unnecessarily and / or irrelevantly will be removed from the forum as that's really not what we're about.

Also, when you come to add a new post the full editor should be visible instead of the old abbreviated-type editor that was there.

There's loads of little things we think you'll like - as and when you see them you'll know what they are - it's pointless me trying to list them all.

So, finally - if you notice any errors please list them in a new reply to this thread *only* and we'll keep checking in and fix them as and when we're told of them.

Again, apologies for the delay in resolving things however we're certain you'll appreciate the much faster and streamlined forum now.

Thanks for your patience.
    Cheers for all your hard work and long hours to get the forum back Niddy. much appreciated by all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X