GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Important Site Upgrade - December 2019 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Site Upgrade - December 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Site Upgrade - December 2019

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in getting the forum up and running, we have pretty much rebuilt it from the ground up then plonked the whole thing on a superfast cloud cluster which will pretty much mean that not only will we stay lightning fast at all times, but the old issues of past should now be gone once and for all.

Sadly vBulletin isn't the best and certainly not the most user-friendly when it comes to fixing the smallest things which is why we've taken so long to get the insecurities resolved (luckily we have Steve whereas vB don't).....

Anyway, the key thing is we're all fine now and you'll notice a few new features as well such as the ability to directly share a post to facebook / twitter when reading it - however please note you cannot share posts that are in private sections, all that will do is share a link to the forum and whoever clicks it would not be able to see anything anyway - so although it's a handy new feature please do not abuse it as we will be monitoring its usage and anyone found sharing posts unnecessarily and / or irrelevantly will be removed from the forum as that's really not what we're about.

Also, when you come to add a new post the full editor should be visible instead of the old abbreviated-type editor that was there.

There's loads of little things we think you'll like - as and when you see them you'll know what they are - it's pointless me trying to list them all.

So, finally - if you notice any errors please list them in a new reply to this thread *only* and we'll keep checking in and fix them as and when we're told of them.

Again, apologies for the delay in resolving things however we're certain you'll appreciate the much faster and streamlined forum now.

Thanks for your patience.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Please remember to clear your cache and cookies when you first come back as your system will have old cookies stored due to the old way the forum worked - now we do not store them locally, like we did before so you must clear them in order to see the proper forum.

Thanks
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nice to be back

Di

Comment

you all have to remember this is now on a custom built cloud cluster. it is utilising the latest in cache , load balancing and other fancy bells and whistles.
        I may have missed things, but having to wait over a week for vBulletin to fail to rectify a fault or even acknowledge my fix @niddy decided to go live .
        so there may be some wrinkles about that need ironing out.

Comment

Indeed, I am currently resetting the template letters and will work through the errors as I know them so if you spot anything please just post here. Anything above my pay-grade, I'll let Steve know!

Thanks again stevieb - top man and lots of hard work doing this, we all really appreciate your help and dedication.

Comment

You’ll also notice the like post option is now available on your mobile device. Looks smart tbh.

Also punctuation doesn’t get lost when replying via mobile now. Much better. ?

Comment

Nice to see it back. Tried earlier in the week and safari said it was not safe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                Nice to see it back. Tried earlier in the week and safari said it was not safe ?
                Because there was no SSL installed - you cannot have two on two sites, as we were rebuilding it we had no need to install one so only done it at 11pm last night

It's more than safe - everything is brand new!

Comment

have made some changes can we see how it runs over tomorrow *Thursday*

thanks

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb View Post

thanks

Steve
                    Cheers for all your hard work steve. it is very much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in getting the forum up and running, we have pretty much rebuilt it from the ground up then plonked the whole thing on a superfast cloud cluster which will pretty much mean that not only will we stay lightning fast at all times, but the old issues of past should now be gone once and for all.

Sadly vBulletin isn't the best and certainly not the most user-friendly when it comes to fixing the smallest things which is why we've taken so long to get the insecurities resolved (luckily we have Steve whereas vB don't).....

Anyway, the key thing is we're all fine now and you'll notice a few new features as well such as the ability to directly share a post to facebook / twitter when reading it - however please note you cannot share posts that are in private sections, all that will do is share a link to the forum and whoever clicks it would not be able to see anything anyway - so although it's a handy new feature please do not abuse it as we will be monitoring its usage and anyone found sharing posts unnecessarily and / or irrelevantly will be removed from the forum as that's really not what we're about.

Also, when you come to add a new post the full editor should be visible instead of the old abbreviated-type editor that was there.

There's loads of little things we think you'll like - as and when you see them you'll know what they are - it's pointless me trying to list them all.

So, finally - if you notice any errors please list them in a new reply to this thread *only* and we'll keep checking in and fix them as and when we're told of them.

Again, apologies for the delay in resolving things however we're certain you'll appreciate the much faster and streamlined forum now.

Thanks for your patience.
                      Cheers for all your hard work and long hours to get the forum back Niddy. much appreciated by all

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb View Post

So far so good

I keep getting the message "503 Service Unavailable. No service is available to handle this request".

If I refresh the page that usually works.

My saved threads/links (400+) show the same 503 error message which clears when I refresh.

The speed of the upgraded forum compensates for these little niggles.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

So far so good

I keep getting the message "503 Service Unavailable. No service is available to handle this request".

If I refresh the page that usually works.

My saved threads/links (400+) show the same 503 error message which clears when I refresh.

The speed of the upgraded forum compensates for these little niggles.

Di
                          We are aware of the 503 service error - this is being looked into and will be resolved asap.

Saved links may not work as I have changed loads of static pages, threads, moved stuff and most importantly - removed the www from the URL so best bet is not to use bookmarks for a live forum as they can change daily - especially when I am in the middle of such a mass clean-up.

If you see the 503 page just press Ctrl and F5 at the same time and it should refresh things and show the forum. If you click into the URL and notice is has www after the https:// (i.e. https://www.....) then remove the ww so it reads https://all-about.... and things will be fine. We will redirect the www to the main site when we get round to it - this was missed in the upgrade (apologies for that).

Thanks for your feedback. Keep it coming if you spot anything else.

Comment

Unenforceability area :- states:-
                            ? This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.
                            Details
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              Unenforceability area :- states:-
                              ? This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.
                              Details
                              No. Your cache is doing this and / or it has www in the url.

see my last post. The site is 100% mega secure. If you are actually on our site and not using old url / bookmarks etc. ?

Comment

Working...
                              X