GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Important Site Upgrade - December 2019 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Site Upgrade - December 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great the site is back I missed it.

Working really well apart from the occasional 503 service not available.

For people having problems working out how to clear cache and cookies ccleaner.com is useful, the free version is all that is needed. (you will lose other cookies as well)

Comment

Easiest way is read this guide - nice n easy.

https://uk.pcmag.com/browsers/41051/...on-any-browser
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

We are aware of the 503 service error - this is being looked into and will be resolved asap.

. . . . We will redirect the www to the main site when we get round to it

I'm no longer getting the error 503 service unavailable messages when I click on links in my current email alerts and/or my saved links.

Whatever you did, it worked

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I'm no longer getting the error 503 service unavailable messages when I click on links in my current email alerts and/or my saved links.

Whatever you did, it worked

Di
          I fixed it

Comment

In the last few days I've stopped getting email alerts when a member posts on a thread to which I'm subscribed.

I get email alerts when I'm quoted, mentioned/tagged, and when I'm liked (thank you folks ) but not when a post is made on the thread.

I've switched my notifications off and on again to see if that does the trick.

On the plus side, the upgrade has a brilliant new feature.

If I time-out while making/composing a post (because the phone rings etc) I can still make the post when I return because a pop-up asks me to enter my password, and then I'm logged in again as if by magic.

No more losing posts in mid-post.

Di

Comment

Email alerts are sent but we throttle them so during busy periods not all are sent, but it's something we'll look into later as I need to fix a few old emails that show traces of old code used.

it's on my list to do.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working really well now, nice and speedy and not seen a page timeout for ages

Comment

Site boots you out far too fast when trying to reply to posts. I often get p'eed off by the error message whilst typing and just quit replying.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAboutMad View Post
                    Site boots you out far too fast when trying to reply to posts. I often get p'eed off by the error message whilst typing and just quit replying.

If you tick the box 'Remember me' when you login that should solve your problem - it prevents you from being timed out.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by JustAboutMad View Post
                      As Di says above, tick the remember me option when you click to login.

All that does is remember the session, so when you close the browser / turn pc off whatever - you still login next time. It's only for that session, whereas by not ticking it - it will timeout due to inactivity in 5-10mins.

Comment

Working...
                      X