GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Roomtobreathe's UE Diary - Halifax CC-*Niddy Intervention - Resolved* - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roomtobreathe's UE Diary - Halifax CC-*Niddy Intervention - Resolved*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roomtobreathe
    replied
    Re: Roomtobreathe's UE Diary - Halifax CC

Unfortunately Niddy has deemed this

Suggested blagging with the missing PT template, does that mean just sending the template as is?

Ta.

Leave a comment:

• roomtobreathe
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    It doesn't mean it's enforceable..
    As it was taken out in 2005 here's to hoping!

Also enclosed was a letter from Horwich Farrelly asking for payment in full.
    Last edited by roomtobreathe; 23 August 2012, 11:01.

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
    Hmm, not so good. Seems Halifax have now found the CCA and sent me a copy via Horwich Farrelly.

Scans of both sides of the A4 sheet received now emailed to Niddy and will await further instructions.
    It doesn't mean it's enforceable..

Leave a comment:

• roomtobreathe
    replied

Hmm, not so good. Seems Halifax have now found the CCA and sent me a copy via Horwich Farrelly.

Scans of both sides of the A4 sheet received now emailed to Niddy and will await further instructions.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

New letter from Horwich Farrelly, instructed by Robinson Way apparently, asking for full payment or court action may be taken blah, blah.

Letter ends with them reminding me that I can pay using a credit card

What a bunch!

Any template letters suggested? Remember that Halifax cannot find an agreement and have admitted it in a letter.
    I would send this along with a copy of the letter you have from Halifax ----> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Leave a comment:

• roomtobreathe
    replied

New letter from Horwich Farrelly, instructed by Robinson Way apparently, asking for full payment or court action may be taken blah, blah.

Letter ends with them reminding me that I can pay using a credit card

What a bunch!

Any template letters suggested? Remember that Halifax cannot find an agreement and have admitted it in a letter.

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

We've had two letters from the doorstep jockeys for other accounts saying they will call, and they both have regardless of what letters have been sent. They've always done it when I've been at work so Mrs RTB has been left to deal with them. The problem we have is that we're foster carers who have vulnerable children with us and often have a plethora of social workers and care professionals traipsing in and out of meetings at home. The worry we have is with a belligerent collector making a scene if we were having such a meeting. Could be very awkward.
    I think you've been unlucky having 2 visits from 2 letters. I've lost count of the number of threats I've had but only 1 visit (so far!)

I understand now why you're so worried about them calling

Could you add something to the harassment letter to explain the situation? Whether or not they'll take notice is another matter.

Leave a comment:

• roomtobreathe
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    All the dcas make threats to visit but not many actually do it.

If they do turn up to collect your doorstep, tell them that you need it and they can sod off. Then close the door on them
    We've had two letters from the doorstep jockeys for other accounts saying they will call, and they both have regardless of what letters have been sent. They've always done it when I've been at work so Mrs RTB has been left to deal with them. The problem we have is that we're foster carers who have vulnerable children with us and often have a plethora of social workers and care professionals traipsing in and out of meetings at home. The worry we have is with a belligerent collector making a scene if we were having such a meeting. Could be very awkward.

Leave a comment:

• roomtobreathe
    replied

Originally posted by alangee View Post
    roomtobreathe

Just out of interest, do you bank with Halifax/BoS/Lloyds, and if so, have they tried to apply any sanctions, such as removing your o/d facilities or taking the money from your account?

Alan
    No, don't bank with any of them, just had CCs with Halifax and BoS.

Leave a comment:

• alangee
    replied

roomtobreathe

Just out of interest, do you bank with Halifax/BoS/Lloyds, and if so, have they tried to apply any sanctions, such as removing your o/d facilities or taking the money from your account?

Alan

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

All the dcas make threats to visit but not many actually do it.

If they do turn up to collect your doorstep, tell them that you need it and they can sod off. Then close the door on them

Leave a comment:

• roomtobreathe
    replied

Thanks all, harassment template ready for the post in the morning. This is the second one that I'll have sent them, here's to them buggering off.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

CapQuest now sent a letter asking for payment before they send ScotCall round. Interestingly not a mention of court or other legal schemes which is quite astute of them given they have failed to come up with an enforcable CCA.

Letter is attached as an image. Any thoughts on an appropriate response? Would like to do whatever I can to minimise the likelihod of a doorstep visit.

[ATTACH]3613[/ATTACH]
    Send them this.....>..... Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit me personally I would ignore if they do call tell them to do one...........

Leave a comment:

• roomtobreathe
    replied

CapQuest now sent a letter asking for payment before they send ScotCall round. Interestingly not a mention of court or other legal schemes which is quite astute of them given they have failed to come up with an enforcable CCA.

Letter is attached as an image. Any thoughts on an appropriate response? Would like to do whatever I can to minimise the likelihod of a doorstep visit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capq7mar2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1385888
    Last edited by roomtobreathe; 7 March 2012, 18:19.

Leave a comment:

• roomtobreathe
    replied

It was taken out in 2005.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X