GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Monopoly's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monopoly's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monopoly's UE Diary

Originally posted by monopoly View Post
    Company: HSBC (MasterCard)
    Type: Credit Card
    Date Commenced: 03/2007
    Approx. Balance: 6,000
    Date Last Paid: 2008
    Arrangement: Yes
    Account Owner: HSBC MasterCard

Activity

30/09 CCA Request sent
    This is enforceable i'm afraid, probably best to try and blag it and see what happens but in time you will have to repay this if they take formal action (ccj).....

If you want to blag it, respond with this and see what happens :---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Company: Royal Bank of Scotland (Mint)
      Date Commenced: 04/1996
      Approx. Balance: 7,000
      Account Owner: Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors

Activity

20/09 Sent CCA request
      23/09 Received letter saying they were unable to provide this information and that I should request it from their client RBS
      23/09 Sent CCA request declined template letter
      This is enforceable, however as above i'd be prone to try and blag it for now - if so, then respond with the following: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Application or Agreement

Hi all

I have been looking through what has been coming back to me over the last few months and have been wondering if anybody knows if an application form can be considered an agreement if it has all the prescribed terms but says application form on it.

In other words if it says application form can it be an agreement as well. Most of the documents I have back from CCA requests say application form and then underneath it says in smaller writing credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. Anybody know?

Cheers

Monopoly

Comment

- Sending your Agreement to Niddy
          Best let Niddy have a look
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Application or Agreement

Hi all

I have been looking through what has been coming back to me over the last few months and have been wondering if anybody knows if an application form can be considered an agreement if it has all the prescribed terms but says application form on it.

In other words if it says application form can it be an agreement as well. Most of the documents I have back from CCA requests say application form and then underneath it says in smaller writing credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. Anybody know?

Cheers

Monopoly
            Please send me a copy or upload here (totally secure) ---> allaboutFORUMS

To email me, use the link below in my siggy called "email your CCA"

Comment

Re: Update Barclaycard Goldfish

Company: Barclaycard (Goldfish)
              Date Commenced: 02/1997
              Approx. Balance: 10,000
              Status: Showing as settled on Experian 12/2005 expect this is when Barclays bought Goldfish
              Account Owner: Barclaycard Mercers (Unsure)

Activity

20/09/2010 CCA Request sent
              08/10/2010 Recieved letter of acknowledgement that they are dealing with request
              14/03/2011 Recieved goldfish terms and conditions along with an explanation of the CCA that made no sense at all

Now declared unenforcable Yeay

10/07/2011 Recieved threat of intended litigation and responded with threat of litigation template letter.

Lets see what happens next!!!

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

Re: Statutory Demand Recieved

Originally posted by monopoly
                  Statutory Demand Under section Section 268(1)(a) of the Insolvency Act 1986.
                  Debt for Liquidated Sum Payable Immediately.
                  As a presumably real action, I'll move the following posts to the legal section. Please respond there.

>>> LINK <<<
                  Last edited by Riz; 7 October 2011, 16:06.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Update on Barclaycard (Goldfish)

Damn! Barclaycard seem to have found my agreement question is does it comply? Guess will have to wait till niddy returns to take a look.

UPDATE

Status: Showing as settled on Experian 12/2005 expect this is when Barclays bought Goldfish

Activity

08/10/2010 Recieved letter of acknowledgement that they are dealing with request
                    14/03/2011 Recieved goldfish terms and conditions along with an explanation of the CCA that made no sense at all

10/07/2011 Recieved threat of intended litigation and responded with threat of litigation template letter.
                    02/09/2011 Recived signed agreement from barclaycard clearly states its an application at the top but have no idea whether it complies or not. Will send to niddy on his return.

Notso Yeay

Comment

UPDATE: Barclaycard Platinum

UPDATE

Still not recieved any agreement, also looks like barclaycard transfered the debt whist the CCA was outstanding. Another wierd thing is that cabot sent a default notice out and also whilst CCA was outstanding. Do I just sit back on this one?

Company: Barclaycard (Platinum)
                      Date Commenced: 05/2003
                      Account Owner: Barclaycard

Activity

Sep/10 CCA Request sent
                      Oct/10 Recieved letter of acknowledgement that they are dealing with request
                      Jan/11 Recieved notification of transfer of debt to Cabot Financial
                      Aug/11 Recieved default notice from cabot financial.
                      Sep/11 Numerous pay or we take you to court notices.

Comment

Re: UPDATE: Barclaycard Platinum

UPDATE

Still not recieved any agreement, also looks like barclaycard transfered the debt whist the CCA was outstanding. Another wierd thing is that cabot sent a default notice out and also whilst CCA was outstanding. Do I just sit back on this one?

Company: Barclaycard (Platinum)
                        Date Commenced: 05/2003

Activity

Sep/10 CCA Request sent
                        Oct/10 Recieved letter of acknowledgement that they are dealing with request
                        Jan/11 Recieved notification of transfer of debt to Cabot Financial
                        Aug/11 Recieved default notice from cabot financial.
                        Sep/11 Numerous pay or we take you to court notices.
                        I would send this > Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Comment

Re: Litigation Warning and Agreement recieved

Looks like Barclaycard have found my Goldfish Application form was wondering if this is regarded as the agreement.

Also have recieved Litigation warning from Midas any ideas on what to do next, have just sent Niddy the application and litigation letter.

UPDATE

Activity

02/09/2011 Recived signed agreement from barclaycard clearly states its an application at the top but have no idea whether it complies or not. Will send to niddy on his return.

Notso Yeay

18/10/2011 Recieved Litigation warning.

Next step ???

Comment

Update

UPDATE

Company: Barclaycard (Cash back)
                            Date Commenced: 08/2000
                            Approx. Balance: 6,000

Activity

30/09 CCA Request sent
                            08/10 Recieved letter of acknowledgement that they are dealing with request
                            02/11 Recieved CCA documentation looks like an application form only

Mar/11 Application form recieved letter sent
                            May/11 Recieved notification that account was sold
                            Sep/11 Recieved default notice from AK new owners ??
                            Nov/11 Sent account sold whilst in dispute letter
                            Last edited by monopoly; 6 November 2011, 15:07. Reason: Mistake

Comment

Re: Litigation Warning and Agreement recieved

Looks like Barclaycard have found my Goldfish Application form was wondering if this is regarded as the agreement.

Also have recieved Litigation warning from Midas any ideas on what to do next, have just sent Niddy the application and litigation letter.

UPDATE

Activity

Notso Yeay

18/10/2011 Recieved Litigation warning.

Next step ???
                              Ok, this is now enforceable as they've sent the actual agreement with the actual terms, what a bugger

However for now I would be inclined to blag it a bit further, ergo you now need to decide whether to capitulate and make a monthly / F&F offer or whether to stand firm and see what they do next?

You've not paid in 3 years, so it's a gamble - do you own your own house?

Comment

UPDATE

Company: The Co Operative Bank (Smile)
                                Date Commenced: 09/2002
                                Account Owner: Red Castle Recoveries

Activity

Sep/2010 Sent CCA request
                                Sep/2010 Received acknowledgement of request and that they have requested it from their client the Co Operative Bank
                                Oct/2011 Recieved SD
                                Nov/2011 SD set aside
                                Nov/2011 Agreement recieved (Major parts unreadable)

Comment

Working...
                                X