GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oldy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oldy's UE Diary

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
    Account #6
    Capital One
    Opened Oct 02
    Balance £8,500
    Defaulted Apr 09
    Stopped paying Sep 11
    CCA request sent 21 Oct 11
    4/11/1 Received letter from them saying that before they can process my request I need to provide proof of signature, as the one I provided does not match the one on their records. (I'd signed it with my template signature which I made up to avoid the refusal due to lack of signature!)
    5/11/11 Sent off 'Sig not required' letter.
    18/11/11 Received letter saying my complaint is being dealt with. Presume this in response to my 'sig not required' letter.
    01/12/11 Received letter asking for proof of sig again!
    02/12/11 Sent off another CCA request without sig.
    07/12/11 Received letter still insisting on my sig!
    10/12/11 Received letter from CrapPest who are now 'managing' this account.
    19/12/11 Received letter from CrapPest with essentially inaccurate drivel.
    19/12/11 Sent off 'Account In Dispute' letter to the Pest.
    23/12/11 More drivel from CrapPest, but not so inaccurate.
    07/01/12 'Letter Before Action' received from CrapPest.
    09/01/12 Sent template letter.
    14/01/12 'Account on hold while we investigate' letter received.
    March 12: After a bit of letter ping-pong with them wanting a signature I called Cap 1 and verified my identity over the phone. The nice foreign person said they would send off my CCA.Nothing turned up.
    April 12: Received letter from Credit Solutions so I sent them a CCA request.
    May 12: Received paperwork from Cap 1.
    I've scanned this in and I'm ready to send off for you to check Niddy but it's a lot of attachments! Do you want to see everything or would the covering letter only be a start?

Comment

Thanks FP.

That narrows it down!

Comment

Account #5
        M+S Money
        Opened Aug 96
        Balance £2,500
        Defaulted Apr 06
        Stopped paying Sep 11
        CCA Request sent 21 Oct 11.
        08 Nov 11 received CCA with illegible original T&Cs and a copy of latest ones. Scanned in and sending off to Niddy.
        15 Nov 11 sent off 'illegible copy received' letter.
        06 Jan 12 received a default notice, balance now due etc etc. I've never received a response from the above letter. This is the second DN they've issued They defaulted my CRF almost six years ago. I'm going to keep a close eye on my CRF to see if they try and 'update' that.
        07 Feb 12 Received 'Final Notice' saying pay arrears today or will take further action Thing is the arrears on the letter are Zero!
        07 Feb 12 Sent off another 'illegible copy received' letter.
        10 Feb 12 Letter from DG Sols telling me to pay up or else.
        12 Feb 12 Sent off yet another 'illegible copy received' letter.
        18 Feb 12 Received another illegible CCA.
        19 Feb 12 Letter from DG Sols telling me they aren't pursuing.
        Mar-July 12 Letters from Moorcroft with threats of possible/intended/if/but/maybe litigation.
        Mar 12 Sent off 'Account in dispute' template in response to first threat. Ignored all others.
        Dec 12 Had a doorstep visit! Politely told them to go away. A week later had 'offer of reduced settlement. Ignored.
        Jan 13 Letter from M+S telling me they're letting loose Credit Security onto me. Template letter already drafted up and ready to go when they deign to get in touch.
        Feb 13 Had the letter from Credit Security and sent off 'Illegible Copy Received' letter. Received today letter direct from M+S telling me it's all enforceable and collection activity will continue, blah blah etc. Not if you can't read the agreement. I think CSL shot it straight back on getting my letter.

Will ignore for now..

Comment

Re my last post I received a letter telling me they've now sold it to Wets.

I'm going to do a Deepie and ignore for now to see what they send next.

I'm now curious if there's any sort of warranty when an account is sold. Does anyone know if there's any period after purchase they can get a refund if sold a dud?

I think you can guess what I'm planning to do!

Comment

Account #6
            Capital One
            Opened Oct 02
            Balance £8,500
            Defaulted Apr 09
            Stopped paying Sep 11
            CCA request sent 21 Oct 11
            4/11/1 Received letter from them saying that before they can process my request I need to provide proof of signature, as the one I provided does not match the one on their records. (I'd signed it with my template signature which I made up to avoid the refusal due to lack of signature!)
            5/11/11 Sent off 'Sig not required' letter.
            18/11/11 Received letter saying my complaint is being dealt with. Presume this in response to my 'sig not required' letter.
            01/12/11 Received letter asking for proof of sig again!
            02/12/11 Sent off another CCA request without sig.
            07/12/11 Received letter still insisting on my sig!
            10/12/11 Received letter from CrapPest who are now 'managing' this account.
            19/12/11 Received letter from CrapPest with essentially inaccurate drivel.
            19/12/11 Sent off 'Account In Dispute' letter to the Pest.
            23/12/11 More drivel from CrapPest, but not so inaccurate.
            07/01/12 'Letter Before Action' received from CrapPest.
            09/01/12 Sent template letter.
            14/01/12 'Account on hold while we investigate' letter received.
            March 12: After a bit of letter ping-pong with them wanting a signature I called Cap 1 and verified my identity over the phone. The nice foreign person said they would send off my CCA.Nothing turned up.
            April 12: Received letter from Credit Solutions so I sent them a CCA request.
            May 12: Received paperwork from Cap 1.
            May 12: Niddy says:
            May-July 12: Had various threats from Credit Solutions including a doorstep visit threat from Scotcall. Replied with threat of doorstep visit template.
            Jul 12: Had letter from Scotcall saying they can do what they want. No-one turned up though......
            Oct 12: Letter from Cap 1 saying my account has been moved. Ignored as it doesn't make any sense at all.
            I'd moved during all this and, after reading some threads, now fear it might be possible that this could be bought by Lowells as well.

My redirection expired six months ago after the two year maximum had been reached.

Plan B, I've read how you've managed to keep one going for six years but I don't have any recent documents with the old address on. I've been in touch with the new occupiers but have proved very unhelpful with redirecting or even letting me know if any post has turned up there. How old can the statement be?

Whilst getting the redirect fired up again could be a good call, I noticed that others have had changes on their CRFs. No change so far with mine so I'm going to calm down a bit!!
            Last edited by oldyboy; 17 August 2014, 10:59. Reason: Stop Panicking!

Comment

How are things ?
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Feb 13 Had the letter from Credit Security and sent off 'Illegible Copy Received' letter. Received today letter direct from M+S telling me it's all enforceable and collection activity will continue, blah blah etc. Not if you can't read the agreement. I think CSL shot it straight back on getting my letter.

Will ignore for now..
                Hi Nanna, sorry I missed your post! All is quite quiet so far. This was eventually sold to Arrow Global who pass it to a DCA every 6 months or so. They send an introductory letter, I ignore, then the cycle repeats. Now four years in to SB. (Hopefully!)

Just read your sticky on this type of account Niddy. I'll certainly bear that in mind should things change!
                Last edited by oldyboy; 25 December 2015, 20:45.

Comment

Lovely to hear from you long may the silence continue happy Christmas .xxxx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello oldboy

I have received a PM from you tonight but I’m having technical problems in responding (the forum has changed servers in the last few days which means things are in transition).

So can you email me using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Im happy to help

Di

Comment

Thanks Di, email on the way.

Comment

Jolly good

Di

Comment

I've replied with a question.

Di

Comment

Would you be kind enough to reply to my response.

Di

Comment

Working...
                            X