GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script df1day UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

df1day UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: df1day UE Diary

HBOS £4700 (enforcable)

Got a reply from IQOR today re my F&F offer.

The minimun they will accept is 75%. My last increased offer was 28%. I could manage to go slightly higher but I have others I'll need to keep "my" money for.

I have been asked to provide an I&E breakdown for them to "determine a suitable monthly repayment in order to discharge this debt".

However there is no way I could make anything more than token payments. To this end, I'm happy to provide them with payslips to confirm my meagre income but don't wish to get in too deep with them if I can avoid it.

Further suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by df1day View Post
      HBOS £4700 (enforcable)

Got a reply from IQOR today re my F&F offer.

The minimun they will accept is 75%. My last increased offer was 28%. I could manage to go slightly higher but I have others I'll need to keep "my" money for.

I have been asked to provide an I&E breakdown for them to "determine a suitable monthly repayment in order to discharge this debt".

However there is no way I could make anything more than token payments. To this end, I'm happy to provide them with payslips to confirm my meagre income but don't wish to get in too deep with them if I can avoid it.

Further suggestions?
      What do you want to do...?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        What do you want to do...?
        Point taken, Niddy. I know the decision is mine but your input is invaluable.

I suppose I'm trying to work out how these DCAs operate and want to know how far I can push this before they do take court action. From your experience, do you know if Iqor are different from the other DCAs who have been involved previously? Each time I have made an offer it gets knocked back, court threatened, then returned to HBOS.

Could Iqor be instructed to try a different tact?

Would any decision now be down to Iqor or would they still have to refer back to HBOS before, say, court action?

Is it worthwhile raising my offer again and see what happens? Or could I say that was my final offer and any regular payments I could afford would take 100 years to repay the debt.

As this debt is enforcable would they ever consider selling it which would make my offer more reasonable?

So many questions which I know you may not be able to unequivocably answer. However with your knowledge of how banks and DCAs operate hopefully you can maybe point out the pitfalls.

Finally, I am receiving daily phonecalls from the Halifax - or that's who they say they are. I didn't engage in conversation with them but when answering the first call - and I asked who I was speaking to - I ascertained that they were phoning about my last letter, which was to Iqor. I then told them I'd deal with anything in writing only but did wonder if there was any significance in the Halifax following up a letter from Iqor.

Comment

Point taken, Niddy. I know the decision is mine but your input is invaluable.

I suppose I'm trying to work out how these DCAs operate and want to know how far I can push this before they do take court action. From your experience, do you know if Iqor are different from the other DCAs who have been involved previously? Each time I have made an offer it gets knocked back, court threatened, then returned to HBOS.

Could Iqor be instructed to try a different tact?

Would any decision now be down to Iqor or would they still have to refer back to HBOS before, say, court action?

Is it worthwhile raising my offer again and see what happens? Or could I say that was my final offer and any regular payments I could afford would take 100 years to repay the debt.

As this debt is enforcable would they ever consider selling it which would make my offer more reasonable?

So many questions which I know you may not be able to unequivocably answer. However with your knowledge of how banks and DCAs operate hopefully you can maybe point out the pitfalls.

Finally, I am receiving daily phonecalls from the Halifax - or that's who they say they are. I didn't engage in conversation with them but when answering the first call - and I asked who I was speaking to - I ascertained that they were phoning about my last letter, which was to Iqor. I then told them I'd deal with anything in writing only but did wonder if there was any significance in the Halifax following up a letter from Iqor.
          Each account with a DCA/Bank are dealt with indivdually.

Whilst circumstances may seem similar the action taken by them can be completely different.

You should also not engage in phone calls with them, you've told them you want to deal in writing so either ignore the call or fail their security questions.

Comment

Pretty much as Swanny states above, each account is to be treated individually. I've seen someone get a CCJ for £1000 and others walk away from over £25,000 - so it really depends.

You need to decide what you want to do, however IF I was in your position, i'd just ignore the lot of them and see what action they decided to take, if they issued court papers then you can easily haggle more then, to stop action, or at least make monthly payments.....

The decision really is yours, comparison to other lenders/situations won't work and I never do that anyway, cos then people in threads start the same and before long we have 50 people all thinking and expecting the same outcome - something that never happens really.....

As for phone calls, follow this process by sending template 1 through to 3 (over the weeks):
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Swanfan and Niddy.

Regarding the phonecalls, I don't engage in conversation. However, I do obviously have to answer the phone. The only "conversation" I had was to simply ask who was calling. When they said it was the Halifax I told them I only dealt with them in writing. It was when they responded with "we are phoning about a letter you sent...". Since I hadn't sent anything to the Halifax I realised it was my response to Iqor they were referring to. Anyway, the conversation ended there. Just couldn't understand why Halifax would be phoning me when Iqor were writing to me. Great to be popular.

Niddy, I'll take your advice on board and see what develops. I'll keep you informed.

Comment

Update at 18 March

Barclaycard 1 (£6600) Unenforcable
                21 April CCA requested
                23 April Terms and Conditions received
                11 May CCA reminder sent
                2 June Debtors final response sent to Barclaycard
                Passed to Credit Solutions
                11 June Formal Demand for payment from Credit Solutions
                Power2 Collect also become involved
                27 June Refusal to accept unenforcability sent to Credit Solutions

2 July Nonsense letter, spouting ill-informed rubbish, from Credit Solutions
                13 July Generous offer” letter from Credit Solutions. “Contact Deal Maker”
                This followed a series of nonsense letters from both Credit Solutions and Power2Contact. Sent Account sold template
                7 Sep Letter from Credit Solutions. Referred back to Barclaycard
                28 Sep Moorcroft now involved. Formal demand etc
                20 Nov Moorcroft - Old T&C letter from BC enclosed.....14 days to pay...further action....
                04 Jan Midas Legal Services threatening legal action

Both Moorcroft and Midas seen off with “account in dispute” letter. Moorcroft sent usual threats culminating with a 30% discount offer – duly ignored.

18 Mar Wescot now trying their luck. Will send of “account in dispute” letter to them and see what develops.

Comment

Update at 18 March

Barclaycard 1 (£6600) Unenforcable

18 Mar Wescot now trying their luck. Will send of “account in dispute” letter to them and see what develops.
                  Yep - send that and see what happens next! Keep us updated

Comment

Best of luck - glad the court were half accommodating!

Please keep us posted
                    Court date on the horizon - 10 May. Their solicitor sent me details of the cases they would be referring to. Usual suspects with one new addition. A recent case in Scotland where it appears the judge found in favour of the bank - Duff v Raphael & Sons.

Can anyone comment on that decision and how it could be used against us.

Comment

A recent case in Scotland where it appears the judge found in favour of the bank - Duff v Raphael & Sons. Can anyone comment on that decision and how it could be used against us.
                      I'm looking into this - bear with me....

Sorry for the delay

Comment

I'm looking into this - bear with me....

Sorry for the delay
                        Hi, Niddy.
                        Did you ever get the chance to look at the above judgement?

Comment

Hi, Niddy.
                          Did you ever get the chance to look at the above judgement?
                          Nope cannot see it anywhere online...... sorry

Maybe PM Paul. and see if he has a copy, he has most judgments.......

Comment

HBOS £4700 (enforcable)

Wescot have reared their ugly head again. They have sent a Notice of Assignment stating “the debt is now legally owned by Wescot”.

This card was post 2007 and deemed enforceable and last year I had tried to negotiate a F&F without success.

I began negotiations with Wescot in 2010 before getting passed to Robinson Way, then Nelson Guest and finally ending up with Iqor. The last offer made to them was in April 11.

I had steadily raised my offer, eventually making a ”take it or leave it “ which equated to about 30%. Iqor obviously decided to “leave it” as I heard no more until this week.

How do you suggest I now play it with Wescot? The last offer I made to them was 20%, which they declined. Although this was before they owned the debt.

Do I go back to stage 1 and start with an offer of 10%, or will they be aware that I had been willing to go as high as 20% ( or 30% , albeit that was with Iqor, but would Wescot necessarily have access to my correspondence with Iqor?

I presume it will be easier to bargain with Wescot as they now own the debt. I will not be intimidated with threats of court proceedings as I have been there with HFC and managed to hold my nerve and settle on the doorstep of the court.

Comment

Start at 10% Wait until they get in contact.......

or If it was me I would send
                              Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the input, i2d.
                                I've gone with the "account sold whilst in dispute". Will keep everyone informed of developments.

Comment

Working...
                                X