GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script df1day UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

df1day UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: df1day UE Diary

Quote:
    Originally Posted by df1day
    Update at 24 November
    Hbos £4700
    Status – enforceable
    Eventually received a reply from Robinson Way following phonecalls and standard letter/threats. They have been advised by their client that my offer of F&F £1200 is not acceptable.
    I have already explained this is all I can afford, enclosed copy pay slips proving this, and that they may have to accept £1 a month for eternity.
    What next?

I'd ignore them for the moment - you have made a very good offer and for them to refuse shows their ignorance.

Just sit tight for the moment. Don't respond. gh

UPDATE at 24 Jan

Received a letter from Horwich Farrelly. Their client, Robinson Way, have instructed them to claim full payment. Court action MAY be taken against me unless I pay in full or arrange an affordable proposal to pay the balance.

I have made what you consider a reasonable offer, not accepted, slightly increased and then ignored.

What next?

Comment

Originally posted by df1day View Post
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by df1day
      Update at 24 November
      Hbos £4700
      Status – enforceable
      Eventually received a reply from Robinson Way following phonecalls and standard letter/threats. They have been advised by their client that my offer of F&F £1200 is not acceptable.
      I have already explained this is all I can afford, enclosed copy pay slips proving this, and that they may have to accept £1 a month for eternity.
      What next?

I'd ignore them for the moment - you have made a very good offer and for them to refuse shows their ignorance.

Just sit tight for the moment. Don't respond. gh

UPDATE at 24 Jan

Received a letter from Horwich Farrelly. Their client, Robinson Way, have instructed them to claim full payment. Court action MAY be taken against me unless I pay in full or arrange an affordable proposal to pay the balance.

I have made what you consider a reasonable offer, not accepted, slightly increased and then ignored.

What next?

Then end with, I suggest you return this account back to Robinson Way until such time they communicate in a responsible manner, a complaint about this behaviour has also been sent to the FOS to seek clarity on their unreasonable behaviour.

That should sort it.... they can't really take action when you're negotiating with them - ie you haven't absconded have you!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Quote:
        Send a letter back to Horwich and explain you are disputing this account and have made several reasonable offers and will refute any attempted claim made and counterclaim all costs as well.

Thanks, Niddy.
        Can you to clarify your comment above re "disputing the account". The account is enforcable and I am trying to negotiate a f&f offer which is now being ignored.

Are you saying that Robway are being unreasonable by ignoring my attempts to negotiate and a court may agree they are being unreasonable and rule that my offer should be accepted - and I might get costs ! Or would the court just say "you owe the money, so pay it - and costs!"

And what if I genuinely don't have the money (which, obviously, I don't) ?

Comment

Thanks, Niddy.
          Can you to clarify your comment above re "disputing the account". The account is enforcable and I am trying to negotiate a f&f offer which is now being ignored. Are you saying that Robway are being unreasonable by ignoring my attempts to negotiate and a court may agree they are being unreasonable and rule that my offer should be accepted - and I might get costs ! Or would the court just say "you owe the money, so pay it - and costs!"
          Well we'd be hoping the court will say to the claimant "why are you not negotiating".... Only a court knows what to do, any anyway - you can let the judgment go ahead (summary judgment) by not responding to the claim and then ignore the ccj and after 20 days start negotiating again.... failing that you go to the court and make an offer of repayment (monthly proposal)....

And what if I genuinely don't have the money (which, obviously, I don't) ?
          Why are you making an offer to settle then? Please elaborate this for me, now you've confused me - why make a F&F offer that you cannot adhere to?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry if I have confused you.

I can get my hands on some money to pay a F&F (It is genuinely coming from a family member and is limited. So I want to ensure they don't have to pay more than is necessarry)

I was meaning that I don't have enough income to make anything more than token payments towards a regular repayment and this is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future., for this and other debts.

Comment

Sorry if I have confused you.

I can get my hands on some money to pay a F&F (It is genuinely coming from a family member and is limited. So I want to ensure they don't have to pay more than is necessarry)

I was meaning that I don't have enough income to make anything more than token payments towards a regular repayment and this is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future., for this and other debts.
              Hiya, ok that makes sense lol - yea, well you'll be fine then cos technically you can't pay, you're paying from borrowed funds in order to clear this, that shows that you're more than willing to try and sort things pre-court.....

So yea, send a letter to Horwich whatever, and tell them you're disputing the balance and waiting for them to confirm a settlement figure.... as my last post before we deviated!

Comment

Update at 3 Feb

Barclaycard 1 (£6600) Unenforcable
                21 April CCA requested
                23 April Terms and Conditions received
                11 May CCA reminder sent
                2 June Debtors final response sent to Barclaycard
                Passed to Credit Solutions
                11 June Formal Demand for payment from Credit Solutions
                Power2 Collect also become involved
                27 June Refusal to accept unenforcability sent to Credit Solutions

2 July Nonsense letter, spouting ill-informed rubbish, from Credit Solutions
                13 July Generous offer” letter from Credit Solutions. “Contact Deal Maker”
                This followed a series of nonsense letters from both Credit Solutions and Power2Contact. Sent Account sold template
                7 Sep Letter from Credit Solutions. Referred back to Barclaycard
                28 Sep Moorcroft now involved. Formal demand etc
                20 Nov Moorcroft - Old T&C letter from BC enclosed.....14 days to pay...further action....

Various letters followed from Moorcroft. Usual stuff, from “we have fulfilled our obligations”, “you have failed to contact us” (I had – they ignored me), “Settlement offer”, “intended litigation”. Each letter responded to (or ignored) as advised by Niddy.

3 Dec Today received a letter from Moorcroft headed 70% Settlement Offer. Presumably ignore as account is unenforceable?

ps I wanted to highlight the update in red to make it easier to read but can't see how to do this. Any ideas?

Comment

ps I wanted to highlight the update in red to make it easier to read but can't see how to do this. Any ideas?
                  When you hit new/quick reply hover youyr mouse over the 'A' on top left next to fonts & sizes, press the arrow & select colour you require.

Comment

Update at 3 Feb

Barclaycard 1 (£6600) Unenforcable

3 Dec Today received a letter from Moorcroft headed 70% Settlement Offer. Presumably ignore as account is unenforceable?

I presume the update should read 3 Feb - NOT 3 Dec?

Yes ignore it - unless you want to pay of course?

To change colours, as swanny says - image is below, for ease....
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	colour.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1381640

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      I presume the update should read 3 Feb - NOT 3 Dec?

Yes ignore it - unless you want to pay of course?

To change colours, as swanny says - image is below, for ease....
                      [ATTACH]171[/ATTACH]
                      Yes, 3 Feb.

And do I want to pay?. Let me think about that.....

Comment

Interesting development.

Got a reply on Saturday from Horwich stating my f&f offer had not been accepted and I had to pay the full amount within 10 days.

Today, I got another letter from Horwich stating "the account had been returned to the creditor as they are no longer acting in the matter"

I suppose I wait further developments but thought I'd update you and let others who may be dealing with Robinson Way/Horwich Farrelly what they can expect.

Comment

Latest update

HBOS (enforcable) £4700

Seems I now have IQOR to contend with.

To recap briefly, since last April I have had:

Blair Oliver Scott
                          Wescot
                          Nelson Scott sols
                          Robinson Way
                          Horwich Farrelly sols

all chasing me to repay the above debt. It is enforcable so I have been negotiating a F&F offer with each of them but without success. Every time they threaten court action but have always backed down and passed it on. Niddy has told me that I am making a reasonable offers and their unreasonable "negotiations" may look unfavourably on them if it goes to court.

Now it is with yet another DCA, how do you suggest I respond to IQOR?

Will they be aware that all the others have been through the motions and been unsuccesful? Would HBOS have told them of the history before passing it on? Presumably because HBOS don't want to accept 15% of the debt.

To avoid the inevitable letter tennis and repeating myself to a new DCA is there any benefit in saying at the outset that all the others have tried so don't waste your time unless you can persuade HBOS to accept 15% (or thereabouts).

I'm prepared, as usual, to go through the motions if that is what it takes but am thinking that if IQOR realise that I have been through it all before and am not intimidated by the various threats, how do they think they will be succesful. OK, I don't want to say "accept my offer or take me to court", I just want it settled.

Comment

Yes, 3 Feb.

And do I want to pay?. Let me think about that.....

Comment

Interesting development.

Got a reply on Saturday from Horwich stating my f&f offer had not been accepted and I had to pay the full amount within 10 days.

Today, I got another letter from Horwich stating "the account had been returned to the creditor as they are no longer acting in the matter"

I suppose I wait further developments but thought I'd update you and let others who may be dealing with Robinson Way/Horwich Farrelly what they can expect.
                              Jesus they really don't have a clue! Keep us updated....

Comment

Latest update

HBOS (enforcable) £4700

Seems I now have IQOR to contend with.

To recap briefly, since last April I have had:

Blair Oliver Scott
                                Wescot
                                Nelson Scott sols
                                Robinson Way
                                Horwich Farrelly sols

all chasing me to repay the above debt. It is enforcable so I have been negotiating a F&F offer with each of them but without success. Every time they threaten court action but have always backed down and passed it on. Niddy has told me that I am making a reasonable offers and their unreasonable "negotiations" may look unfavourably on them if it goes to court.

Now it is with yet another DCA, how do you suggest I respond to IQOR?

Will they be aware that all the others have been through the motions and been unsuccesful? Would HBOS have told them of the history before passing it on? Presumably because HBOS don't want to accept 15% of the debt.

To avoid the inevitable letter tennis and repeating myself to a new DCA is there any benefit in saying at the outset that all the others have tried so don't waste your time unless you can persuade HBOS to accept 15% (or thereabouts).

I'm prepared, as usual, to go through the motions if that is what it takes but am thinking that if IQOR realise that I have been through it all before and am not intimidated by the various threats, how do they think they will be succesful. OK, I don't want to say "accept my offer or take me to court", I just want it settled.
                                You need to treat iQor the same and go through the motions, starting with a simple letter explaining that you're disputing the account and have made a full and final offer, which stands - you cannot afford anything else. Tell them the amount of offer, and try again (just edit the last letter you sent with an offer on it)....

Comment

Working...
                                X