GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script df1day UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

df1day UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: df1day UE Diary

Originally posted by df1day
    Update at 24 November
    Hbos £4700
    Status – enforceable
    Eventually received a reply from Robinson Way following phonecalls and standard letter/threats. They have been advised by their client that my offer of F&F £1200 is not acceptable.
    I have already explained this is all I can afford, enclosed copy pay slips proving this, and that they may have to accept £1 a month for eternity.
    What next?
    I'd ignore them for the moment - you have made a very good offer and for them to refuse shows their ignorance.

Just sit tight for the moment. Don't respond. gh
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update at 24 Nov
      Barclaycard 1 (£6600)
      20 Nov Moorcroft - Old T&C letter from BC enclosed.....14 days to pay...further action....

What should I send? Account sold template?
      Send this to Moorcroft: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20203#p20203
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update at 24 Nov
        Barclaycard Loan (£3000 outstanding)
        Confirmed as enforceable by Niddy, but was expected, as I had a copy of the original loan agreement which looked to contain the prescribed terms.

Wrote back saying, on reflection, I couldn't afford £3pw and suggested £1 pm. They accepted! So have no real option but to pay them. Presumably they'll be back sometime but I'll deal with it when they do. Got the more pressing issue of a coming court appearance
        Can you not make these guys a F&F offer of £750 to clear/close the account? If not just pay the £1 per week ;;L

Comment

Got the more pressing issue of a coming court appearance
          Did I miss this? I have not read back through your diary as I am pressed for time - but what court? When? For what? :confusing

Comment

Hi, Niddy.

You have actually given me advice on this (also Seriously Fed Up on CAG helping). It is for a GM card/HFC which you reckon is unenforcable. I've also thrown in no DN received, and they have no copy nor computer record of it as I sent a SAR which showed nothing.
            I think HFC are getting all excited about a case they won in Dunfermline (Napier v HFC) which has no bearing on mine. I think they are using it as a threat to bully people. I don't think they expect people to fight them.

Anyway, case being heard at Airdrie next week, although I've just received a letter from their solicitor saying that they will be applying for a 28 day extenson to "consult their client" . Presumably this is to "find" a DN. But I'll be opposing the motion, although fully expect the sheriff to go along with them.

Comment

Ahh sorry I remember now. SFU is good on CAG - be careful though, they sometimes tell you to go in all guns blazing - do not do this! Treat both the sheriff and the claimants solicitor with respect and do not interrupt them, listen and then argue after their point has been made - take a pen/paper to remember what they said that you need to argue against....

Respect and calmness wins in these situations. Oh, as for the claimant requesting 28 days - thats funny, you should add this to your defence that they were too keen to issue proceedings without checking their own ship was in order, ergo you defend and NOW they want more time? Its a joke......

Basically no default notice or termination notice means no decree for you

Comment

Quick update re court appearance.
                Case was granted an extension until 6 January. I actually didn't get a chance to oppose the extension as I was snowed in and couldn't get to court that day. It woud have been impossible for me to get there other than walking 20 miles through a blizzard. Fortunately the clerk had intimated earlier that my non appearance would be treated sympathetically given the weather situation.
                Anyway, I doubt the sheriff would have listened to my pleadings and fully expected the exrension to be allowed (wonder if he would have been so accommodating to me, though)
                So, roll on January 6th.

Comment

Best of luck - glad the court were half accommodating!

Please keep us posted

Comment

Best of luck df1, hope it goes well and i have every cnfidence after reading this thread that it will !!
                    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Thanks for your support, Billy

Comment

Just don't let anything get to you - you'll be fine

Comment

df1day wrote:
                          Update at 24 Nov
                          Barclaycard 1 (£6600)
                          20 Nov Moorcroft - Old T&C letter from BC enclosed.....14 days to pay...further action....

Hi, Niddy. Didn't expect to be writing on Christmas eve, but Moorcroft just dont seem to be listening.
                          I had replied as advised above on 12 December (recorded delivery) but today received a letter headed Monthly Instalment Offer with the opening line "we have not received communication from you...." then asking me to pay £120 per month (glad to see they have a sense of humour ;;L !) or further action....may... etc...

Do I ignore this or respond in some way?

Comment

df1day wrote:
                            Update at 24 Nov
                            Barclaycard 1 (£6600)

Hi, Niddy. Didn't expect to be writing on Christmas eve, but Moorcroft just dont seem to be listening.
                            I had replied as advised above on 12 December (recorded delivery) but today received a letter headed Monthly Instalment Offer with the opening line "we have not received communication from you...." then asking me to pay £120 per month (glad to see they have a sense of humour ;;L !) or further action....may... etc...

Do I ignore this or respond in some way?
                            Hiya

just send this back to them: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20203#p20203

Comment

Update at 18 Jan
                              Barclaycard 1 (£6600)

Moorcroft still don't appear to be listening. They now have come back with "the CCA request was fulfilled in April 2010. Please contact this office............."

I have only ever received from Barclaycard the usual T&C letter. Moorcroft have been sent every template letter and know that the account is in dispute.

Do I just ignore them?

Comment

Originally posted by df1day View Post
                                Update at 18 Jan
                                Barclaycard 1 (£6600) - i have only ever received from Barclaycard the usual T&C letter. Moorcroft have been sent every template letter and know that the account is in dispute. Do I just ignore them?
                                Yep, just ignore for the moment....

Comment

Working...
                                X