GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Johng27 - My diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johng27 - My diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Johng27 - My diary

Hi all, and thank you for your responses. Obviously my main interest is to string it out as long as possible. I did write direct to Lloyds on my other overdraft account so will see how they deal with it and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Johng27 View Post
      Debt 7 - Capital One

Type of account - Credit Card agreement
      Date commenced

Approx balance -
      £2372.27

Date last paid
      - 8th September 2016

Are you on arrangement or not paying
      - Was on arrangement to pay but stopped paying

Status
      - Default gone off credit file

Account owner
      Capital One

Confirmed by Niddy as . Stopping payment and await their next move
      19th October 2016 from Capital One - We are writing to let you know that we have not received your agreed payment of £2.58 which was due on 8th October (really !!). If we do not receive this payment we may pass your account to a debt collection agency to recover the full outstanding balance or we may choose to sell your account to a debt purchaser.(bring it on) FILED

Update no action

Comment

You look as though you have it mostly under control.....As others have said the main thing is not to be too hasty to tell them anything, Its early days so just play the game and let them send out there template letters........Just keep updating as you get them

Fingers crossed
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Debt 10 - Halifax

Date commenced 2001
          Approx balance - £13785.28
          Date last paid - 15th September 2016
          Are you on arrangement or not paying - Was on arrangement to pay but stopped paying
          Status - Default on partners credit file
          Account owner Sold to Cabot

28th September 2106 letter from Apex - Need to send your CCA request direct to Halifax blah blah
          1st October 2016 - Sent a more detailed CCA request from AAD forum stating they should pass it on as part of section 175
          8th October 2016 letter from Apex - Still need to send to Halifax as section 175 states blah blah - FILED
          10th October 2016 - CCA request to go Halifax recorded delivery

26th October 2016 letter from Apex - We refer to the above account and our records confirm that a payment has recently falled due due but has not been received....... - FILED
          9th November 2016 letter from Apex - We notice that your repayment plan remains overdue, despite our recent reminder - FILED
          23rd November 2016 letter from Apex - We have written to you on two separate occasions regarding the payment...... we must hear from you in order toa void contact from us....
          - FILED
          6th December 2016 letter from Halifax - Statement of account from Halifax - FILED
          14th December 2016 letter from Apex - HBOS has passed your account to us and requested that we contact you - FILED
          19th December 2016 letter from Apex - Your repayment plan has failed - FILED
          2nd January 2017 letter from Apex - We still have not received payment that was due on 15th December 2016 - FILED
          16th January 2017 letter from Apex - We have written to you on two separate occasions regarding the payment...... we must hear from you in order toa void contact from us.... - FILED
          27th March 2017 letter from Halifax - We are writing to notify you that we have assigned your account to Cabot.......... - FILED
          10th April 2017 letter from Cabot - We recently sent a letter but due to an error had the wrong account number... - FILED
          11th April 2017 letter from Cabot - We really want to help you - FILED
          24th June 2017 letter from Cabot - We have stopped receiving your payment - FILED
          Last edited by Johng27; 9 July 2017, 13:02.

Comment

Just wanted to get some opinion if I may on the Debt 10 Halifax (above). I have updated all the letters and filed. The debt has been sold to Cabot as you can see. Although we sent a CCA request in October and have proof of signing, we have not had any response from the Halifax. Cabot call every day probably on automatic dialler but we just block. My question is, should I send a sold while in dispute letter, a harassment by phone letter or continue to ignore until they get shirty with us ? All comments gratefully received.

Comment

I'm interested in the letter you received from Cabot on 10th April 2017 which says "we recently sent a letter but due to an error it had the wrong account number on it".

Do you think that letter refers to a possible Notice of Assignment which had the wrong acount number on it?

Halifax sent you a letter dated 27th March 2017 which appears to be a Notice of Assignment but there's nothing in your diary to say you received anything from Cabot after that and before their "we made an error in our last letter" one.

I'm not being pedantic - I'm on the lookout for any errors they make along the way.

The good news is you sent a CCA Request to Halifax in October 2016 and say you've had no response, so that being the case the debt is unenforceable until or unless your request is complied with. Did Halifax completely ignore your CCA Request or did you get a brief acknowledgement of some sort?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

The letter on the 27th March was from Halifax stating they had sold it to Cabot but the last digit was wrong. Also in the same envelope was an introduction letter from Cabot with the wrong account number. again the last digit was incorrect. The date was exactly the same on the Cabot letter.

On the 10th April, Cabot stated about the error and in the same envelope was a letter from Halifax which I presume is another notice of assignment with the corrected account number on it. again exact same issue date on letter.

There has been absolutely no response from Halifax at all and I have not pursued but I have got a proof of posting and it says signed for when I check on line.
                Last edited by Johng27; 9 July 2017, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Johng27 View Post
                  There has been absolutely no response from Halifax at all and I have not pursued but I have got a proof of posting and it says signed for when I check on line.
                  I would take a screenshot of the Royal Mail website showing your CCA Request was signed for (I assume that's what you mean although you only referred to it as Proof of Posting) because that way you'll have tangible evidence if it's denied at any stage. I think Royal Mail only keep the info accessible online for 12 months.

The phone calls from Cabot will tail off eventually. I had 79 from them over a very short space of time when I was in a similar situation to you in 2009.

Is this your account - it says "default on partner's credit file" in a previous post?

Di

Comment

Hi Di, yes is it my partners account. I am managing the situation for her. I will take a screenshot as suggested. What about sold while in dispute, should I hold off ?

Comment

Hi all, Some advice please. I don't seem to have listed the debt on here but basics are as follows : -

Original Barclaycard
                      With Robinson Way
                      Amount due 3296.63

Received a letter from Barclaycard on 2nd Feb 2016 stating that basically they could not find my CCA and unable to enforce.

Letter today dated 18th October from Howard Cohen Solicitors headed LETTER OF CLAIM.

Basically stating that I need to make payment in the next 30 days or a claim will be issued to county court.

I can either tell them that I have the letter stating no CCA or request again.

What is the next best course of action please ?

Comment

Hi all, Some advice please. I don't seem to have listed the debt on here but basics are as follows : -

Original Barclaycard
                        With Robinson Way
                        Amount due 3296.63

Received a letter from Barclaycard on 2nd Feb 2016 stating that basically they could not find my CCA and unable to enforce.

Letter today dated 18th October from Howard Cohen Solicitors headed LETTER OF CLAIM.

Basically stating that I need to make payment in the next 30 days or a claim will be issued to county court.

I can either tell them that I have the letter stating no CCA or request again.

What is the next best course of action please ?

Comment

You will need to reply within the 30 day deadline; but do not reply until nearer 30 days. Box d needs to be ticked; as you have already been told that there is no CCA, check with Di Mayhew as to whether you should request any documents.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You have 30 days to respond to the Letter Of Claim.

It will help if you can update and fill in the Diary details.
                            You will need at the ;east the following

Type of account (credit card/loan)
                            Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
                            Approx balance
                            Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                            Are you on arrangement or not paying
                            Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                            Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

That Letter from Barclaycard?
                            Did you send a S.77/78 (plus £1) request for the CCA.

This information will be needed to help and advise!

Comment

I am just getting my online status in order over the next few weeks. I am only getting letters from about 4 - 5 debts but nothing sinister. I have attached the detail on my Barclaycard debt. I have not responded to any of the letters but would like to make sure that I am not putting myself at a disadvantage. Capquest are continuing to send the detail to my old address even though I moved 1 year ago. I have renewed post office redirection to ensure I don't miss anything. Can everyone have a look and see is there anything I should look out for. This was deemed unenforceable by Niddy
                              Debt 5 - Barclaycard
                              Date commenced 22nd March 2000
                              Approx balance - £15895.53
                              Date last paid - 15th September 2016
                              Are you on arrangement or not paying - Was on arrangement to pay but stopped paying
                              Status - Default gone off credit file
                              Account owner Debt Managers Limited

Confirmed by Niddy as . Stopping payment and await their next move
                              8th October 2016 letter from Debt Manager Services LTD - Unfortunately according to our records we have not received payment. Please contact us FILED
                              18th October 2016 letter from Debt Manager Services LTD - Unfortunately according to our records we have not received payment. Please contact us FILED
                              1st November 2016letter from Debt Manager Services LTD - Offer of discount and full and final settlement -FILED
                              6th December 2016 letter from Debt Manager Services LTD - Writing to thank me for continued payment ???. I stopped paying in September. They go on to offer me a settlement opportunity- FILED
                              10th May 2017 letter from Moorcroft - Stating that they have taken over administration and collection of account. Wanting me to get in touch - FILED
                              24th May 2017 letter from Moorcroft - We have not heard anything back from you, please contact us in 7 days - FILED
                              7th June 2017 letter from Moorcroft - Request to go into an affordable repayment plan or discount.

23rd August 2019 letter from CAPQUEST - Capquest informing me that as from 14th June 2018 they will be managing my account on behalf of Arrow Global. They requested that I get in touch asap. Strange thing here is that the letter is dated Aug 2019 but they started managing the account 18 months earlier ?- FILED (NB Letter sent to previous address)
                              6th December 2019 letter from CAPQUEST -Capquest informing me that as from 14th June 2018 they will be managing my account on behalf of Arrow Global. They requested that I get in touch asap. Strange thing here is that the letter is dated Dec 2019 but they started managing the account 18 months earlier ?- FILED (NB Letter sent to previous address)
                              21st May 2020 letter from CAPQUEST - Offer of discount to settle account for £6538.21 - FILED (NB Letter sent to previous address)
                              Last edited by Johng27; 3 July 2020, 17:42.

Comment

Is this debt owned by Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd?

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X