GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Johng27 - My diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johng27 - My diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Johng27 - My diary

Thnx,fair enough and best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Johng27 View Post
      Debt 9 - MBNA

Type of account - Credit Card agreement
      Date commenced

Approx balance -
      £13298.33

Date last paid
      - 15th September 2016

Are you on arrangement or not paying
      - Was on arrangement to pay but stopped paying

Status
      - Default gone off credit file

Account owner
      Link Financial

2nd October 2016 - Reminder sent from template section to Link Financial stating non compliance of request since August 15

15th October 2016 letter received - The documentation that was sent to you 21/12/15 fulfilled our obligation.... We do not agree with your claims that the account is unenforceable

I have not got any record of them sending this, so as far as I am concerned it has not been received. Do I ask them for a duplicate ? resend the request with a PO or ignore ? They did cash the original cheque ?

I am almost tempted to point out their incompetence as I stated on the letter my new address and referenced my old one but they still sent to old address and if it would have not been for old neighbour I would not have got it as it slipped through the redirection I have in place.

Comment

I think it's pretty standard. All letters I've had have said the same thing. I just filed it away to see what happens next. You're best not writing to them unless it's a template on here or you're advised to send something.

Comment

Debt 2 - Lombard Credit Card

Type of account
          - Credit Card agreement

Date commenced
          8th April 2002

Approx balance - £6044.36
          Date last paid - 8th September 2016
          Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement to pay
          Status - Default gone off credit file
          Account owner Lombard Direct (OC) - Westcott now collecting

Confirmed by Niddy as enforceable however I am going to act dumb and see how far it goes

6th October 2016 received from Wescot - Our records show we have not received payment IGNORED
          10th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          11th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          12th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          13th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          14th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          16th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED

15th October 2016 from Wescot - We wrote to you on 5th October (err your letter dates 6th !!)... Please contact us urgently IGNORED
          Question for the forum as this in enforceable, should I let them go on with calls and letters to delay ? As I am ignoring the calls does this put me in a bad light or should I send them a delete my phone number request ?

Comment

petal, you need to ignore for six years to get it to SB, so I would leave it a wee while yet, have a wee read through some of the diaries and see how other people have dealt with this kind of thing, personally I just ignored all phone calls, simply didn't answer, it will be on an automatic dialler

Comment

Wetcloths (DCA) not debt purchaser) - ignore for now, need to look out if the case escalates to a debt purchaser and hear from them or via a Solicitor letter then report back here straightaway
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As others have said ignore , they are trying to get a response .x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Debt 13 - Capital One

Type of account - Credit Card agreement
                  Date commenced

Approx balance -
                  £5016.81

Date last paid
                  - 8th September 2016

Status
                  - Default gone off partners credit file

Account owner
                  Capital One

8th October 2016 - CCA request sent to Capital One and payments stopped

21st October 2016 - CCA Recon received with default notice. Sent to Niddy to check.
                  29th October 2016
                  Confirmed by Niddy as

The reason for unenforceability is missing P&T's and illegible. Not a very good attempt at a recon. Do these guys ever learn ?
                  So do I look to send a missing PT letter in a week or two or ignore ?

Comment

RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Might be of interest

Comment

The reason for unenforceability is missing P&T's and illegible. Not a very good attempt at a recon. Do these guys ever learn ?
                      So do I look to send a missing PT letter in a week or two or ignore ?

just ignore for now and see what comes next, very early days

Comment

Debt 15 - Lloyds Single current account overdraft

Type of account
                        - Overdraft
                        Date commenced 2001
                        Approx balance -
                        £3084.79

Date last paid
                        - 8th September 2016

Status

Account owner
                        Moorcroft Debt Recovery

8th October 2016 - Niddy special letter sent for overdrafts in respect to Consumer credit changes 2010
                        21st October 2016 - Letter received from Moorcroft - To request a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement for the account, please forward a cheque or postal order payable to LLoyds Bank and resubmit the request for the CCA. FILED
                        So my question is, they clearly do not know that it is a current account overdraft which does not require the £1. So any views as to next steps ?
                        Last edited by Johng27; 29 October 2016, 12:03.

Comment

So my question is, they clearly do not know that it is a current account overdraft which does not require the £1. So any views as to next steps ?
                          They have acknowledge receipt of your letter and ignorance here of the Law is no excuse. This leaves them in default of your request, which considerable strengthens your position.
                          Unless others suggest otherwise I would simply file and wait and see what comes next!

Comment

I would just write a one liner saying that the £1 is not necessary when requesting a cca for an current account overdraft.

The cca request for ODs is experimental but it's worked for me for almost 6 years and with LTSB too.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Account owner Moorcroft Debt Recovery

No Moorcroft only collect debts on behalf of Lloyds etc they are not Debt Purchaser - I ignore them and deal with the OC in your case Lloyds

Comment

As you can see Johng27 we just give our opinions on what WE would do if we were in your situation (and we have been.) What you do is up to you; with something like this there is no right or wrong way.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X