GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dark Mak's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Mak's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dark Mak's UE Diary

Hi Niddy and In2Deep,

recd letter 16/6/12 dated 13/6/12 from Freds saying we have placed your account on hold for 14 days after which we may resume debt collection activities. Will just file this.

ref: capital 1 (Ue)

Cheers Dark Mak

Comment

Hi guys,
      recd letter from Bryan Carter 27/7/12 saying pay within 14 days or contact Fredrickson. Shall I just file this? ref: Capital One cc (Ue).

Thanks Dark Mak

Comment

Follow the advice that you are given on this site. Do not acknowledge any debt to them. Do not pay them anything! Took me 18 months to get any rest from Cap1 went through the same as you. Cougar, part of Credit Solutions Ltd even phoning me at work, Fredricksons went through about 5 different DCA's passed back to Cap 1 about 3 months ago.
        I thought that they had to be the worst company in the world for chasing unenforceable agreements!
        Wrong, this title now goes to Barclaycard.

Comment

Just gone to the start of your thread. Very interesting date Feb 2005. Do yourself a favour and send them £10.00 for a subject access request. They will send you a scanned copy of the signature page headed Capital One credit agreement. Read through it until you get to: I have read the terms and conditions setting out the agreement with Capital One and, if my application is accepted,
          That is as far as you need to go! section 59 cca 1974 prospective future regulated agreement! VOID. By the term, if my application is accepted. Not binding at the time of signature.
          Or as Judge Wacksman preferred to call it, "unexecuted"
          Then forget it and move on.

Comment

is this the first contact from Bryan Carter?

if it is, I would send off a sold in dispute (they are part of the DCA but a paper trail is good)

Comment

Or send another copy of the letter sent to Freds here--> #61, with a oneliner to Bryan Carter along the lines of, 'Please read & respond to previous letter sent...'

Comment

Bryan Carter shares the same office space as Freds... and when I sent a rec. delivery feck off letter to Freds some time ago, Carter signed for it, which made themselves look quite stupid.

Carter will issue papers however unless you write back and challenge him/them. I will try and direct you to the template on here that's normally used for this.

**Edit**... just noticed link posted above by Swanfan.
                Last edited by PriorityOne; 29 July 2012, 12:07.
                Remember the mantra:
                NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback.I will send copy of letter sent to Freds with a one liner to Bryan Carter -read and respond to previous letter sent. 1st contact by Bryan Carter.

Cheers everyone
                  Dark Mak

Comment

How are things going?
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Dark Mak

Whats the latest? Have you heard anything from Bryan Carter since?

Best
                      SnV
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                      X