GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
    I have posted a question on the Hoist thread started by Jo.

. . . . we have two accounts that these guys own, for two settee's we purchased.

We are currently paying a very low amount two both these accounts. What would be the outcome should we stop paying them.

I can't be certain if we have defaults with these, but would I be correct in thinking that we will have as they are not owned by OC?

Who did you buy the sofas from, and when? Do you still have the sofas?

You say you're still paying, so are you paying Barclays Partner Finance or Hoist (via Robinson Way)?

When were the accounts assigned to Hoist?

Hoist can't default an account which has already been terminated by Barclays and then subsequently assigned to Hoist.

I'll wait for your answers before suggesting what you should or shouldn't do next.

I've also seen your post on the Hoist thread here >

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
    we have two HP agreement initially Barclays Partner Finance. As they were HP we decided to pay them £1 a month, it then moved to Robinson Way, then to Hoist. Our payment haven't stopped.

I am not totally sure whether these two accounts were defaulted or we have an arrangement to pay.

Not sure how to deal with this, should SAR them to get copy of any defaults and then stop payment. My worry is if hasn't defaulted, we stop the payments we then get default, we are so far down the road don't want to get any defaults now.
    Di

Comment

• When I get to laptop, I will tidy all this up.

Anyway, the settee's were purchased in 2012 and 2013, through CSL and DFS, in that order.

We still have them both.

Payments were made to Robinson Way, then to Hoist, there was no break in payments.

Cheers

Comment

the settee's were purchased in 2012 and 2013, through CSL and DFS, in that order.

We still have them both.

Payments were made to Robinson Way, then to Hoist, there was no break in payments.

I assume your payments are being made direct to Robinson Way as the DCA for Hoist (not direct to Hoist). Perhaps Robinson Way were also acting as DCA for Barclays so after the assignment there was no change?

Hoist may not know anything about the original reason for the debts so send them this forum's CCA Request template letter which refers to s77-79 applicable to loans, credit cards and HP (as NW says). No need to give Hoist any clues as to what they've purchased.

There are two debts so send a separate CCA Request to Hoist for each one in separate envelopes Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

You refer to "we" in your posts so are they in your, your wife's or joint names?

How much is the balance outstanding on each of them or were they combined as one debt before being assigned to Hoist (probably not but I thought I should check)?

Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Ltd and Hoist Finance UK Holdings UK 2 Ltd are not FCA authorised so even if they do source a compliant credit agreement, that doesn't give them the right to issue a claim.

Jo explains this here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
        Both of these companies are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

Their cases, or their predecessors Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited and Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, rarely reach trial in cases we are involved with. They have not been successful at trial with us.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Hoist which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

The Hoist companies also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

If you are currently defending a claim with either of the Hoist companies, whether stayed or ongoing, or they have obtained a Default Judgment against you and you have any query please post any queries on this thread..
        Di
        Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 18 September 2019, 11:28. Reason: typos

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I assume your payments are being made direct to Robinson Way as the DCA for Hoist (not direct to Hoist). Perhaps Robinson Way were also acting as DCA for Barclays so after the assignment there was no change?

Payments are being made to Robinson Way, Robinson Way were acting as DCA.

Hoist may not know anything about the original reason for the debts so send them this forum's CCA Request template letter which refers to s77-79 applicable to loans, credit cards and HP (as NW says). No need to give Hoist any clues as to what they've purchased.

There are two debts so send a separate CCA Request to Hoist for each one in separate envelopes Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

You refer to "we" in your posts so are they in your, your wife's or joint names?

They were in separate names, none were joint.

How much is the balance outstanding on each of them or were they combined as one debt before being assigned to Hoist (probably not but I thought I should check)?

They weren't combined, the amount was £900 on each account.

Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Ltd and Hoist Finance UK Holdings UK 2 Ltd are not FCA authorised so even if they do source a compliant credit agreement, that doesn't give them the right to issue a claim.

Jo explains this here >

Di
          In red are my replies...

Comment

• 26th June 2017, 12:39
            • Type of Account: B of S cc
            • Date Commenced: 29/10/2013
              Approx Balance: £1128
              Date last paid: Approx beginning of 2016
              Are you on arrangement to pay or not paying: Not paying
              Status (Default/ in arrears/ up to date): Default
              Account Owner (DCA or Lender): PRA Group

Re: CCA Reply received Bank of Scotland

Re: request for information section 77 - 79 Consumer Credit Act 1974

Dear...

I am in receipt of your correspondence in relation to the above account and have requested the required information.

We will contact you to provide an update as soon as possible...
              Dated 20th April 2017
              PRA Group
              Outstanding balance 1061.97
              Original Creditor B of S

We are disappointed to see that you have failed to respond to our attempts to contact you regarding your outstanding debt.

Our account managers will now start a full investigation into your personal circumstances which will include some of the following...

We can only assist you if you get in touch with us. If we fail to hear from you within 14 days of the date of this letter, this will leave us no alternative but to consider what action would be appropriate to collect this debt in full.

Letter received 21/06/2017 PRA GROUP

I refer to your request for copy documentation regarding the above account.

Please find enclosed documentation received to date; we are awaiting further documents inorder to complete your request. We have currently deemed this debt as unenforceable which means we are not able to take court of further enforcement action...

Please be advised that this does not mean that your debt has been written off, despite being unenforceable, we are still legally entitled to:
              * Contact you and ask you to pay what you owe
              * Pass your details onto a third party collection agency.
            • If we obtain information in the future we will of course provide this to you immediately.
            • PRA GROUP 15/3/2017
              In order to comply with our obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we are providing you with this statement of your account - ..........

Still no credit agreement?!
            • 27th July 2018, 13:28Originally posted by Strepsi View Post

SAR request sent as advised by Di.
            • Received 27th July from Bank of Scotland.

RE: Request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998

I refer to your letter regarding the receipt of copy statements for the above account.

After further investigation, it appears the account has been charged off in 08/ 2014. This refers to the account having fallen into arrears and the customer ceasing to make further payments towards clearing the outstanding balance.

Unfortunately, due to the charged off block being placed on the account, no further statements are available after [09/2014.

I appreciate you require a full compliment of statements but as far as our records allow, this is what you have received.
              I hope this meets with your requirements.
              Yours Faithfully
              Card Operations
            21/9

Received letter from PRA Group

"Your account is being managed by our investigation and litigation department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery."

I have received exact same letter dated April 2017, from that letter sent a cca request, they deemed the account to be unenforceable. Not really sure what to do now, can't CCA them again.

Comment

• see what they do next - they are in a muddle no doubt?? their problem for now
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• * this is in response to your post # 595

In which case each of you should send a separate s77-79 CCA Request to Hoist for each of the debts.

It will take seventy five years to clear these debts if you're only paying £1 token payment per month, and they'll not become Statute Barred while you continue to pay.

So see what comes back from your CCA Requests and then decide what you want to do next.

Di

Comment

• Date Commenced: /10/2013
                    Approx Balance: £1100

Dear...

I am in receipt of your correspondence in relation to the above account and have requested the required information.

Dated April 2017
                    PRA Group
                    Outstanding balance 1001.97
                    Original Creditor B of S

We are disappointed to see that you have failed to respond to our attempts to contact you regarding your outstanding debt.

Our account managers will now start a full investigation into your personal circumstances which will include some of the following...

We can only assist you if you get in touch with us. If we fail to hear from you within 14 days of the date of this letter, this will leave us no alternative but to consider what action would be appropriate to collect this debt in full.

Letter received /06/2017 PRA GROUP

Please find enclosed documentation received to date; we are awaiting further documents inorder to complete your request. We have currently deemed this debt as unenforceable which means we are not able to take court of further enforcement action...

Please be advised that this does not mean that your debt has been written off, despite being unenforceable, we are still legally entitled to:
                  • If we obtain information in the future we will of course provide this to you immediately.
                  • PRA GROUP 1/3/2017
                    In order to comply with our obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we are providing you with this statement of your account - ..........

I refer to your letter regarding the receipt of copy statements for the above account.

After further investigation, it appears the account has been charged off in 08/ 2014. This refers to the account having fallen into arrears and the customer ceasing to make further payments towards clearing the outstanding balance.

Unfortunately, due to the charged off block being placed on the account, no further statements are available after [09/2014.

I appreciate you require a full compliment of statements but as far as our records allow, this is what you have received.
                    Yours Faithfully
                    Card Operations
                  21/9

"Your account is being managed by our investigation and litigation department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery."

I have received exact same letter dated April 2017, from that letter sent a cca request, they deemed the account to be unenforceable. Not really sure what to do now, can't CCA them again.

To add, I emailed Niddy last year he informed me he thinks it is enforceable (as I do to my untrained eye). The letter from PRA group state that until they receive other information it is unenforceable.
                  Last edited by Strepsi; 23 September 2019, 12:02.

Comment

* this is in response to your post # 595

In which case each of you should send a separate s77-79 CCA Request to Hoist for each of the debts.

It will take seventy five years to clear these debts if you're only paying £1 token payment per month, and they'll not become Statute Barred while you continue to pay.

So see what comes back from your CCA Requests and then decide what you want to do next.

Di
                    We are able to pay more per month, it was just that it was set at that when our finances were at their lowest.

With regards SB, it would be six years from today (for example). The default would probably drop off in the next year or two. If they cannot legally enforce the debt where does that leave me?

Will CCA this week, cheers.

Comment

• 23rd September 2019, 11:44

• Date Commenced: /10/2013
                        Approx Balance: £1100

Dear...

Dated April 2017
                        PRA Group
                        Outstanding balance 1001.97
                        Original Creditor B of S

Letter received /06/2017 PRA GROUP

• PRA GROUP 1/3/2017

Yours Faithfully
                        Card Operations
                      21/9

To add, I emailed Niddy last year he informed me he thinks it is enforceable (as I do to my untrained eye). The letter from PRA group state that until they receive other information it is unenforceable.

Last edited by Strepsi; 23rd September 2019, 13:02.

PRA GROUP lETTER
                      Received an LBC this morning from PRA Group. What is best course of action?

Comment

• I would email Di xx
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Agreed xx
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

• Hello

A couple of quick questions.

What date was the account assigned to PRA?

Was there a Default Notice (or any reference to a DN having been issued/served) in your SAR response from Bank of Scotland?

Di

Comment

PRA GROUP lETTER
                              Received an LBC this morning from PRA Group. What is best course of action?

I've replied to your emails since I'm experiencing technical difficulties posting on the forum.

Thank you for the documentation.

You have 30 days to reply (or not) to PRA's Letter of Claim.

Di

Comment

Hello

A couple of quick questions.

What date was the account assigned to PRA?

Was there a Default Notice (or any reference to a DN having been issued/served) in your SAR response from Bank of Scotland?

Di
                                No, all I received were copy of statements. The letter I received from B of S referenced my request for statement, although I used the SAR/GDPR from this site.

Comment

Working...
                                X