GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help please! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please!

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
    Isn't that coz you support Rangers?!
    World club footballs most successful club. Yes mate. I do
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      There have been a few who thought we wouldn't last or tried to get us closed down. 6 years later we're stronger and more successful than anyone ever gave us credit for.

We love rubbing their noses in it (as we've now left them lingering behind - jealous of us and our lovely members).

I've been here nearly four years , I can't believe that and when i first joined i was frightened of the dca now i just open their letters post on here and send the appropriate reply if any is needed , couldn't have managed without you niddy and the rest of the family

Comment

Great words SnV.

Chin up Getting Sorted, you've come this far with the help and support from AAD and friends. Now you're nearing the end no-one is going to desert you. It's understanable you're having a little wobble right now, but follow Niddys (and othres) advice and you'll be in safe hands.

Good luck!

Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

2 letters received yesterday that I've just picked up. Both from dlc, one about the account here on my diary but another account they had with my husband for a current account.

Both letters identical saying that on 1 March 2016, ME lll Limited bought the account from Hillesden Securites Ltd. ME lll Limited and Hillesden Securities Ltd (dlc) are both part of the Cabot Credit Management group. It goes on to say that although ME lll Limited are now the legal and beneficial owners of the account, dlc will continue to manage the account on their behalf.

With regard to the the current account, again, hubby followed the advice on the other site when you were there and luckily he is in possession of a letter dated from them (Hillesden) from 18 august 2011 to say that "we can confirm that due to the age of the account the original lender is unable to provide any further statements in relation to this account. Whilst we may not be able to enforce the agreement, the monies remain outstanding. The agreement of money paid has not been made illegal or void because of our current failure to supply a copy of the original agreement. We are prevented from taking steps to enforce the credit agreement but the underlying obligation to repay remains intact". I've kept this letter very safe of course!

So, do I wait for ME lll to contact me first and then would it be a sold in dispute letter for both and then send a copy of that letter that Hillesden originally sent, along with the sold in dispute letter for the current account. If you want me to start a diary on here for the current account I will do if it makes it easier.

I felt sick this morning when I got them, but I'm feeling ok about it now as reading through the diaries, this seems to be part of the norm. Will be guided by you on the next move. Thanks as always.
          x
          Last edited by Getting Sorted; 23 March 2016, 19:43.

Comment

So, do I wait for ME lll to contact me first and then would it be a sold in dispute letter for both and then send a copy of that letter that Hillesden originally sent, along with the sold in dispute letter for the current account. If you want me to start a diary on here for the current account I will do if it makes it easier.

Just wondered if anyone had any views on my post from yesterday? Sorry to sound as if I need babysitting a bit. Letters seem non threatening so do I just sit tight and wait? Thanks as always.

Sorry - just realised I've done this wrong and not copied the quote from above. Need a brew.

Comment

Definitely don't do anything until the contact you. I would post the just of the next letter, because it may be one that you can also ignore, you never want to reply too promptly
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                Definitely don't do anything until the contact you. I would post the just of the next letter, because it may be one that you can also ignore, you never want to reply too promptly
                Thanks. I thought that might be the case but just wanted to check. Hope everyone has a lovely Easter.

Comment

"Generated" letter received today. "our records show that your account has been placed on hold for an agreed period of time which has now expired". I think you'll find I agreed for you to never contact us.

Please contact our customer account agents etc and it is important you contact us within 14 days from the date of this letter to avoid further correspondence.

I'm thinking that I just wait until the next one arrives?
                  Last edited by Getting Sorted; 26 March 2016, 12:50.

Comment

That's what I would do.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update

Generated letter dated 11th April received today. Very similar to one's that we've had before. Slightly different ending on this one though which says

"If we do no hear from you within14 days from the date of this letter, we may pass your account to another debt collection agency who will contact you either by phone, letter or visiting you at your address to discuss your account"

Do you think this is another one to ignore and file for now? The wombles at DLC don't seem particularly bright! Maybe I'm doing a disservice to the Wombles!

Any advice appreciated.
                      x

Comment

So they're saying they may pass your account to another debt collection agency who will harrass you with phone calls and letters.

Sounds like one to ignore to me, and see what other bottom feeders they may sell the account to.

Originally posted by Getting Sorted View Post
                        Update

Generated letter dated 11th April received today. Very similar to one's that we've had before. Slightly different ending on this one though which says

"If we do no hear from you within14 days from the date of this letter, we may pass your account to another debt collection agency who will contact you either by phone, letter or visiting you at your address to discuss your account"

Do you think this is another one to ignore and file for now? The wombles at DLC don't seem particularly bright! Maybe I'm doing a disservice to the Wombles!

Any advice appreciated.
                        x
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                          So they're saying they may pass your account to another debt collection agency who will harrass you with phone calls and letters.

Sounds like one to ignore to me, and see what other bottom feeders they may sell the account to.
                          Thanks SnV. Just to say that I read the post you popped on my thread regularly. Keeps my chin up and you are right in that the letters are starting to impact on me less and less. Not to say I don't have a wobble, but I'm certainly getting much better at this!

Comment

I would wait till the next set of plonkers write ,BTW I like wombles xx
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hi everyone

Not been on for a while as we've been left alone - up until today of course. I've updated the thread. In a nutshell, offering a f & f settlement of £5012.99 and to call within next 30 days (like I'm gonna do that!). They also said if these options are not affordable, alternative arrangements may be available depending on your personal circumstances. we have a policy of treating customers fairly and will take into consideration your situation when reviewing your account.

Is this one to ignore for now as well? Any advice as always is appreciated.
                              x

Comment

I think I would ignore.

Comment

Working...
                                X