GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help please! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please!

Originally posted by Getting Sorted View Post
    where do I go for that - uploading I mean - and yes, hubby is thinking of claiming the PPI. He didn't want to at first because he didn't feel it was right to! BTW you are not hassling !!!
    Please scan the CCA / terms and either load into secure portal as linked above or email me direct (email in my signature below).

At this stage don't be making silly offers and most definitely don't request ppi. It's actually a big no-no here as it affects everything. There's quite strict criteria regards this so best to explain it as why notify a DCA that you might be in line for a payout? You wouldn't. So don't. Basically any ppi is always reclaimed at the very end when they either issue a claim or when your agreement is enforceable and we use it against the debt.

We use ppi as a bargaining tool
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      no no no. Worse thing you can do.
      spanking me already! I'll just .

Comment

Thanks so much. I'll do it now. I feel better just listening to reason. I can't help but feel a bit frightened.
        x

Comment

Originally posted by Jchrispin View Post
          spanking me already! I'll just .
          Most people love being spanked - they just don't realise it yet

Your input is welcome, but ppi reclaiming is a huge error - I said that on your thread I think too?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Most people love being spanked - they just don't realise it yet

Your input is welcome, but ppi reclaiming is a huge error - I said that on your thread I think too?
            you did, but I'd already done it. The only PPI on mine is probably an old mortgage unrelated to my debts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jchrispin View Post
              you did, but I'd already done it. The only PPI on mine is probably an old mortgage unrelated to my debts.
              Which is deffo worth pursuing.

Comment

Thanks so much. I'll do it now. I feel better just listening to reason. I can't help but feel a bit frightened.
                x
                Email received. Back later with answer

Comment

Yorkshire Bank

Type of Account - Loan
                  Date Commenced - 9th March 2005
                  Approx Balance - £20051.94 (although statements show it is £19942.94 - this was queried with them to which they said they would respond fully - that was April 2011)
                  Date last paid - 18th March 2011
                  Are you on an arrangement or not paying - not paying due to the query raised about the conflicting balance
                  Status - in arrears
                  Account owner - DLC

28.01.10 - offered a F & F settlement of £2833
                  03.02.10 - response back from DLC saying they will accept £5021.74 as full settlement (£2833 as a lump sum payment and then clearing the remaining £2188.74 over monthly installments
                  05.02.10 - letter back to DLC stating that he is waiting from his other creditors before he can state what he is able to do but also requesting CCA request and cheque sent off for £1.00
                  18.02.10 - letter back from Hillesden Securities saying they are waiting fro the original agreement and statements and will still report activity with CRA
                  25.02.10 - letter back to Hillesden/DLC's saying that other creditors are not taking this action
                  22.03.10 - letter form Hillesden saying they are still waiting for documents and will update in 21 days
                  21.04.10 - letter form Hillesden saying same as above.
                  21.04.10 - letter to Hillesden/DLC requesting CCA and that it has now been over 30 days and asking if they are in receipt of cca and statement of accounts
                  22..04.10 - letter from Hillesden quoting McGuffick V RBS etc
                  27.05.10 - letter from Hillesden saying they are still waiting for documents and will update in 21 days
                  05.07.10 - letter from Hillesden as above
                  12.07.10 - CCA, application form, PPI insurance documents and summary of transactions received.
                  26.07.10 - letter to Hillesden stating will make token payments until in a better position financially
                  27.07.10 - 30.12.10 letters from Hillesden saying they are still waiting for documents and will update in 21 days?
                  05.01.11 - letter from dlc saying they have enclosed requested docuements (CCA etc)
                  07.01.11 - letter to dlc saying already received this info twice and will be continuing with token payments until in a better financial position
                  25.01.11 - letter from dlc enclosing income and expenditure form. may result in further action.
                  28.01.11 - letter to dlc saying self employed and cannot provide wage slips.
                  21.01.11 - letter form Hillesden saying waiting for documents and will update in 21 days?
                  08.03.11 - letter from Hillesden enclosing CCA info again
                  08.03.11 - notice of sums in arrears
                  09.03.11 - annual statement of account
                  15.03.11 - letter to dlc querying the difference in balance and why there's is great at £20051.94 yet the balance is £19942.94. Also queried why the high PPI and why never received a letter of assignment. Requested SAR
                  28.04.11 - letter for hillesden enclosing data and "I have referred to the original lender in relation to your concerns concerning the balance. Upon receipt of their findings I will respond fully". Not heard anything in relation to that.
                  05.09.11 - notice of sums in arrears
                  09.03.12 - annual statement of accounts
                  02.03.12 - notice of sums in arrears
                  16.02.15 notice of sums in arrears
                  09.03.15 - annual statement of account
                  04.02.16 - letter from dlc saying written to you previously but not heard from you. identified account is eligible for a discount and would like to discuss with you. Will write off £10025.97 if you are able to pay the remaining £10025.97 as a lump sum. contact within 28 days to accept off or give proposals for clearing the balance.

Hope that is ok?

Thanks
                  x
                  This is

So in theory, right now I would not reply to DLC and literally, wait and see what happens but if they were stupid enough to issue a claim, they would have serious issues enforcing this agreement.

Well done, good start

Comment

Yay !!! xx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh thank you so much! Can I send a virtual kiss! You've all been so wonderful.

Comment

This is
                        Well done, good start
                        That's great
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It is great. I'm not gonna lie though, I'm very nervous.

Comment

Me again.

Sorry, just having a wobble about all of this. I've read through lots of the diaries and can see that there are different template letters to counter action these bottom feeders so I am going to sign up after this post.

It is great news about it being unenforceable - just need to know that you will be with me all the way. My husband is really calm about all this - he says that the difference is he isn't frightened about these people and I am. Hope you don't mind me posting my fears - hubby sometimes doesn't get how worried I am.

Thanks
                            x

Comment

Don't worry - I felt just like you! I've taken the leap and read lots of diaries and some of the threads in the AAD+ section and feel less worried - in fact I am looking forward to the challenge of it (I'm at the CCA stage which I sent out two weeks ago and haven't received one yet!)

Comment

This will make you feel more at ease -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...now-five-years

Comment

Working...
                                X