GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Likewise.

For what it's worth, I faced a similar decision (whether to respond to a letter of claim or not) when PRA threatened to take me to court. Ultimately I decided not to, since the perceived wisdom was that PRA would likely take court action whatever I did and all a response would do would be to allow them to get their ducks in a row before pulling the trigger. However, once court action is started the clock is ticking and whatever they get together to defeat any defense has to be done within certain timescales.

In my case they couldn't do that, and Colin saw them off in fairly short order.

As in the comments above, we must make the decision based on what we feel is best for us, but hopefully with AAD behind you know that you'll have support whatever you choose to do.

Good luck...
    Thanks x

I think they will have a lot of trouble getting their ducks in a row.

In the 5 years and 8 months I have been on this journey, this is the third time I have received a letter of claim for this alleged debt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
      Re: My Journey with DMP's CCA's and PPI's

Barclaycard
      • Type of account Credit Card
      • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 2006
      • Approx balance £3268.75 (I have paid £2440.78)
      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) last Full payment made in 2011,
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying - not paid since Jan 16
      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) in default since 2011
      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Barclaycard

I haven't CCA'd Barclaycard yet. I PPI's them, but have no PPI with them.

10/2/16 - CCA request posted.

29/3/16 - CCA received, sent to Niddy to look at.

Letter received from Barclaycard dated 29/3/16. We have been trying to contact you for several months, but haven't been able to reach a suitable repayment arrangement with you. As your account it still overdue, we need to let you know what will happen if you don't make a payment or get in touch with us. It then goes on about issuing a default notice.

Spoke to Plan B today about this account and there are a few discrepancies on both the forms supplied and credit file. Still waiting for Niddy to return, but pretty much look unenforceable. Also missing Conditions.

22/4/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £45.60 interest and £12 'other charge' added.

11/5/16 - default notice received from barclaycard dated 5 May 2016.

23/5/16 - statement received from barclaycard. £42.04 interest added.

8/6/16 - letter received from barclaycard dated 2/6/16.

A default has been registered on your account - you now need to pay your balance in full (it's basically telling me that my account is with the recoveries team and may be passed to a DCA - it's a side and a half of a page)!

15/9/16 - letter received from barclaycard dated 10/9/16. I am writing to notify you that the above account was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited (HPH2 LTD) on 22/8/16. This means that the effective owners of the above account are now Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. HPH2 Ltd has appointed Robinson Way Limited as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf. All contact regarding this account should now be directed to Robinson Way. With effect from the date of receipt of this notice all payments due to barclaycard shall be paid to HPH2 Ltd via Robinson Way.

16/9/16 - two letters received in the same envelope from HPH2 ltd and Robinson Way

28/9/16 - letter from Robinson way dated 22/9/16 offering me four payment options with a weekly payment

10/10/16 - letter received from Robinson way.

it is important that you get in touch with us to tell us about your situation. If we don't hear from you, we will have to make a decision on what happens next to the balance you owe.

options we have to consider are

* whether to advise our client to instruct Howard Cohen & Co solicitors to commence legal action against you; or
      * further collection activity, letters and calls

We would prefer to agree an affordable arrangement and it's not too late for this.

alternatively, our client has confirmed they are willing to accept a single payment of £2,490.63 to clear this balance in one payment

please contact us .................blah

4/11/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 31/10/16

Pre-Legal Assessment
      your account remains unpaid despite previous attempts to contact you.
      we have assessed your account and established that it meets our initial criteria to be considered for legal action. We now need to understand your individual circumstances to determine the most appropriate action to be taken for your account.
      The best way for us to understand your circumstances is for you to contact us. If you do not contact us we will be forced to assess your account for litigation based on the information we currently hold for you.

what this means for you

*Your account may be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors in 10 days without further notice.
      *If your account is transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors and court action is taken they will ask the court for an order adding legal costs and interest to the amount you owe. If the court grants their request then the amount you owe will increase.

its not too late to agree and affordable payment plan:

*if you would rather agree and affordable payment plan directly with us to prevent us considering passing your account to Howard Cohen & Co or if you believe you have a valid dispute relating to this account please call us before 11/11/16.

*if you prefer you can deal with your account online ......blah

24/11/16 - letter received from Robinson Way dated 19/11/16 - Another Pre Legal Assessment letter the same as the one above giving me until 30/12/16 to contact them.

14/12/16 - notice of Pending Legal Action received from Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors threatening court action.

14/12/16 - SWID sent to Robinson Way and LBA sent to Howard Cohen.

30/12/16 - letter from Robinson Way noting my complaint/dispute. Collection activities ceased until its investigated.

22/8/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter)still

6/10/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for the information requested (standard template letter same as above). This letter also states that they will write to me again in five weeks.

8/11/17 - letter from Robinson Way informing me that they are still waiting for a response from Barclaycard

4/12/17 - Letter from Robinson way dated 30/11/17

Further to you Consumer Credit Act Request.

Please note, if an original credit agreement was not available, under the Consumer Credit Act a reconstituted copy may be provided.

Please forward your proposals for payment to us within the next 30 days, for which the account has been held for. We have enclosed a financial statement to assist you with this.

If we dont hear back from you within this time, collections activity will resume.

July 2018 - letter received from Robinson Way asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan.

july 2018 - letter received from Robinson way asking me why I haven’t contacted them and that a 50% settlement is available.

August 2018 - letter from Robinson way offering a 19% discount

Sept 2018 - letter from Robinson way asking me to get in touch or further collection activity MAY be taken against me.

18/3/19 - Agree a payment plan letter

20/4/19 - pay just 60% of your balance

7/6/19 - we speak to people every day letter

6/7/19 - pre legal assessment (I responded with a sold in dispute letter)

16/7/19 - acknowledgement of my complaint

7/8/19 - still investigating my complaint. Hope to have a response by 4th September

26/9/19 - letter of claim from Howard Cohen solicitors

4/10/19 - reply sent to letter of claim. Box D ticked. copy of letter from robinson way stating they are dealing with my complaint from July.

7/10/19 - confirmed delivery and signed for of reply. Signed for by: MCCARTHY Delivered: 7:23am

2/11/19 - letter received from Robinson Way stating that they had sent me a letter in August (not received) and that my complaint hadn't been upheld and that they enclose a copy (no copy enclosed). I hadn't made an offer to pay so enclosed a income and expenditure form for me to fill in and return and the account is on hold until 22nd november. No CCA received from Robinson way for this.

30/11/19 - Reported Hoist Portfolio to Financial Ombudsman.

4/12/19 0 response from financial ombudsman saying they are busy and will be in touch as soon as they can. Nothing further received from Robinson way or Hoist.

Between this date and today, I have had a few standard chasing letters.

28/5/21 - Letter received from hoist dated 24 May 21 titles pre-legal assessment. lots of 'may' and 'considered' used in it stating it may be transferred to Howard Cohen solicitors. Lets hope they don't do anything. I still haven't had a CCA from them even though they told me they sent me one. I have a copy of what barclaycard holds for me and can't see any paperwork for it.

10/09/21 - letter of claim received dated 4/09/21 giving me until 04/10/21 to respond.

14/10/21 - court claim received
      Claim received

Comment

• Contact Colin email of phone at colin@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or by telephoning 0330 053 9340. Our initial advice is always free.

Colin G Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post

Thanks x

I think they will have a lot of trouble getting their ducks in a row.

In the 5 years and 8 months I have been on this journey, this is the third time I have received a letter of claim for this alleged debt.

The mind boggles. Why are they thinking they'll get a different result the 3rd time round?

Comment

• I guess they think they have a chance. Solicitors is on it for me, so fingers crossed.

Comment

• This time 6 years ago I was looking for help with my debts. I found AAD and never looked back. My last payments were made January 2016 so my debts are almost statute barred.

I have one currently going through the courts with the help of Joanna Connolly, which, fingers crossed ?, will be concluded soon.

If feels like its been a long 6 years, but I got here.

Thanks for everyones help and advice.

Comment

• I think the last two have been the longest
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Any update on the bcard situation I am in the last 6 month and I have followed intently to see what hoist etc do ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post
                    Any update on the bcard situation I am in the last 6 month and I have followed intently to see what hoist etc do ?
                    Still in the hands of the solicitors. Hopefully it will soon be concluded.

Comment

Any update on the bcard situation I am in the last 6 month and I have followed intently to see what hoist etc do ?
                      if you hear of them let us know, it's a BIG IF,
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

if you hear of them let us know, it's a BIG IF,
                        Well I am hoping JC solicitors kick them into touch.

Comment

Well I am hoping JC solicitors kick them into touch.

Me too!

Comment

• Happy 6 year anniversary to me lol. 6 years have passed. All debts should be statute barred now.

Still sorting the barclaycard case out, but that should be concluded by the end of this month.

Comment

• congratulations

Comment

• Well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X