GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hughie's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughie's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hughie's UE Diary

they may call, BUT, you do not have to talk to them, either ignore the door or just shut it when they say who they are, they have less rights then the milkman to call on you.
    They use a threat of this to try and frighten you, they have no right to vist your home unless you have asked them to and have made an appointment.
    some times they say they will call and just ring you, if so just fail the security questions.
    I have received many letters off different DCA's offering to visit my doorstep ( I acctualy told one DCA that my doorstep wasn't allowed visitors,) so not to bother.
    another said they were sending a 'Field Agent', now I do live near fields but I don't own one ??

File the letter and relax
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Moorcroft are quite easy to bat off, all bluster plus you'll find a visit template on here.As NW says file and relax if they come they cannot have your doorstep you need it !x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Lloyds TSB
          Type of account - Credit card
          Date commenced – Pre 2007 will need to check exact date
          Approx balance - £13,910
          Date last paid – 18.02.2015
          Are you on arrangement or not paying – Not Paying
          Status

Account owner – Lowell Solicitors
          History – Lloyds TSB, Westcot, Moorcroft, Robinson Way, Lowell, Lowell Solicitors

Hi Niddy, Di and everyone else who helps us out on the forum. Thanks to your help and guidance we have been enjoying a quiet period for a while and generally getting on with our lives, until this week when a little issue cropped up!

Stopped paying approx 3 years ago.
          Letters from Lloyds TSB requesting payment
          CCA request sent to Lloyds TSB
          CCA received, thought Niddy said ue but can't find any record so not sure now
          Aug 2016 passed to Westcot
          Jan 2017 debt passed to Moorcroft
          Jul 2017 passed to Robinson Way
          July 2018 passed to Lowell
          February 2019 passed to Lowell Solicitors (notice of acting letter)

Each time it got passed on they gave up after a while, but Lowell's have proved a bit more tricky. I said they had not provided a cca, they said send a request with £1 etc. As it had been round the houses a few times I thought I'd string it out a bit. However, they have now passed it to Lowell Solicitors who are requesting payment.
          I'd be really grateful if you could give me your thoughts on how best to proceed from here.
          Many thanks,
          Hughie

Comment

Send a new CCA request to Lowell Solicitors.

This is a batch they've sent - like the old days - I have also had a few of these the last week and have literally emailed and told them to get lost, however I am not saying you should do that - it's just I don't actually give a shit lol.

So to get things in order again, just submit a new CCA with a £1 fee attached. That will buy time and allow us to re-assess things.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Haha, love it Nid!

Ok, I'll get a CCA request off today.

Comment

Hi
                Can I suggest you set up a filing system so that you can get your hands on everything.
                The way I do it is this

I scan every letter I receive or send- even CCA responses (yes I know it can be a pain when they send loads of pages). I then name them with numbers and a brief description
                for example
                1) NOA MKDP to Hoist 15/5/16
                2) NOA MKDP to Hoist 18/6/18

You get the picture (and by the way yes MKDP did sell the same debt to two different parts of Hoist over 2 years apart

I then have one copy (the original in a file)
                Another copy on the hard drive
                A third copy in a free cloud account (you get 15GB free with google, 5Gb free with iCloud and if you use BT for your phone, well I get 200GB

That way if things get iffy it is easy to find the letters - you would have known if you had sent and received a CCA way back when

I am not criticising you, in the old days I didn't keep letters but I learnt to.

Also when I did get a claim I was able to share the relevant folder with Di and Jo so they had all the letters to work on my defence

Comment

Working...
                X