GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    You have no obligation to fill out an I and E form unless it is issued by the court. Personally I would ignore it.
    That is what I shall do then.

Thanks Pixie & Clever Cloggs

Comment

Hello my creditors have rolled my monthly payments on for another agreed 12 months. Without the worry of all of this I have been having a better year at work.

So much so that I may have some money to make an offer to repay some of the debts. I was thinking of making an offer on the ones I suspect are enforceable first, would you agree with this strategy?

Is 5% a decent starting offer?

Once again thanks for everybody's help, its amazing the difference getting all of this off your back makes.

Comment

I am not up on where to start on F&F offers I will see if anyone else is about to help, there may also be a thread on full and final offers on the main site xx
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you looked here? http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ents-Explained
          You start low and then barter!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Alternatively, if you sign up to AAD+, http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php, for a small annual subscription there is further help and information

Comment

Thank I am a member of the other board already so I will have a look

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                Have you looked here? http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ents-Explained
                You start low and then barter!
                What I wondering is does it cause any problems just picking out the couple that I think will be enforceable and trying to reach arrangements with them first rather than splitting the small amount of money I have between all 8 creditors which would be a bit pointless at this time I think.

Comment

Originally posted by XX007 View Post
                  Thank I am a member of the other board already so I will have a look
                  Sorry, my attempt at efficiency failed

Comment

What I wondering is does it cause any problems just picking out the couple that I think will be enforceable and trying to reach arrangements with them first rather than splitting the small amount of money I have between all 8 creditors which would be a bit pointless at this time I think.
                    The logic behind UE and why I set up AAD is to blag it for 6 years until SB. By utilising templates you keep the creditor at bay. In that time you usually save (instead of repaying / entering a DMP) and if they get too arsey you use the savings to make a suitable offer.

So why would you want to make unnecessary offers at this stage of your journey? I'm confused.....
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      The logic behind UE and why I set up AAD is to blag it for 6 years until SB. By utilising templates you keep the creditor at bay. In that time you usually save (instead of repaying / entering a DMP) and if they get too arsey you use the savings to make a suitable offer.

So why would you want to make unnecessary offers at this stage of your journey? I'm confused.....
                      Your confused//////////////////////////?????????????????????? so am I.!

Comment

Sorry for baffling you both.

This seems to happen every time I post on here asking for advice.

Due to the job I do I need to continue repaying these debts and have agreed monthly repayments which will take all of my life to pay.

As I have to make monthly repayments they will never become unenforceable so it was my plan to save up and make a series of full and final settlements to get them cleared. I have now reached the stage where I could use few quid to do this

So I have come back here to ask for some advice. Perhaps I am in the wrong part of the board

Comment

Do you work in a regulated position? Law / Finance / Accounting?

If so then surely they've done the CRA when you started. Not many firms repeatedly Credit Search staff. Anyway, you could say the accounts are legally in dispute. Whether they like it or not you are entitled to start a dispute with finance companies if they are in a severe breach of contract. If your accounts are UE (whether breach of your s.78 request or Iredeemably UE) then legally you do not need to repay and your employer cannot hold it against you.

There's a world of difference between a non payer and a legal dispute.

Tell me something, this will answer your own question. I owe you a grand and agree to pay you a fiver a month. I then write to you and ask you to accept £200 as F&F - would you accept it? Now imagine a thousand people all owe a grand and all pay a fiver a month.....

My point is they'll refuse most offers as they're getting paid in full at the moment. The ONLY way to get a 50% reduction is cessation of payments. Play the game right and missa few payments then they'll listen to offers as *anything* is better than nothing (to a DCA). If they did default you it'd soon show settled and thus you'd argue with employer that yes you had a dispute over the terms of the agreement and you've now settled the whole issue and your credit report confirms you've "settled" the account.

No problem.

Make sense..?
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It makes complete sense but I am not employed.

I am self employed and rely on a firm to keep me regulated who are montitoring me very closely and have made it clear I am out on my ear if I stop making
                            repayments, at the present time my best chance of making money is in my current position as someone in my financial position will find it difficult to get another job
                            so I need to keep things the way they are.

I dont like this situation and I am trapped between a rock and hard place and if things were different I would follow your advice as i can see how many people it has helped.

I have already been defaulted and my accounts are with DCA's who are collecting an agreed monthly amount (I did miss a couple of payments when this kicked off) which in all will take over 100 years to be repaid.

I understand what you are saying about them being happy to collect the monthly payments but even 5% of the balance would be 8 years payments so I thought they might accept that.
                            Do you think there is any hope of that?

Comment

Sorry - your contracting firm can't sack you if you're in legal dispute. Move from civil law to employment law. Who do they think they are!!!???

Theres NO breach of contract. Can you PM me who you work for - this doesn't add up.

Comment

I understand what you are saying about them being happy to collect the monthly payments but even 5% of the balance would be 8 years payments so I thought they might accept that.
                                Do you think there is any hope of that?
                                no hope. 5% is pennies and maintaining monthly payments means they'll refuse. 20-35% is a great deal even then it'd be purely based on your cessation of payments.

Keep paying forever or tell your contracted company to wind their necks in.

Comment

Working...
                                X