GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies

Originally posted by XX007 View Post
    At the moment I seem to be constantly thinking about changing everything.

But I believe I am doing the best job for me
    So you've no desire to try lion taming?

and things are building for me (very slowly).
    As would be the case with lion taming. One might suppose you'd start with a vicious hamster or two, then work your way up.
    Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 4 March 2015, 23:03.

Comment

I've just been having a look at the template. Do you think it's wise to leave the non tamper strip in.
      Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Forget about the tamper strip, but sign using a font that looks similar to handwriting instead.

The idea is, you dont want them to lift your signature and place it on a reconstituted agreement, which they often do.
      The anti-tamper strip won't actually prevent tampering, or make it impossible to copy your signature- it would just make their task a little more difficult.
      It would still be possible to retouch the image, pixel by pixel if necessary, to remove the unwanted background from your signature.

There are many typefaces around that look like handwriting, so do not pick an obvious one such as Lucida Handwriting. I often recommend JohnLennon font (link) but there are others around that are just as much a scrawl. Use a larger point size than the text of the letter and, if the text of the letter is in black ink, 'sign' your name in dark blue.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        The anti-tamper strip won't actually prevent tampering, or make it impossible to copy your signature- it would just make their task a little more difficult.
        It would still be possible to retouch the image, pixel by pixel if necessary, to remove the unwanted background from your signature.

There are many typefaces around that look like handwriting, so do not pick an obvious one such as Lucida Handwriting. I often recommend JohnLennon font (link) but there are others around that are just as much a scrawl. Use a larger point size than the text of the letter and, if the text of the letter is in black ink, 'sign' your name in dark blue.
        Thanks for that I will get onto them this weekend.

Would people come to watch Hamster Taming?

Comment

I think you're totally missing the point of UE and looking into it way too much.

Send a cca request. Edit to suit. Remove signature strip or leave it - they really won't care. They also won't care that you're on here. They don't care - period. So do what you need to do and don't worry about the creditor - they don't read half of what you send in anyway

Test it, sign your cca requests "Mr M Mouse" and see how many refuse......

Point is, YOU'RE factfinding. It's all about YOU and creating a paper trail for YOU.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Remove/don't use the anti-tamper strip. And sign using a digital font.

Plan B x
            Totally agree
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I think you're totally missing the point of UE and looking into it way too much.

Send a cca request. Edit to suit. Remove signature strip or leave it - they really won't care. They also won't care that you're on here. They don't care - period. So do what you need to do and don't worry about the creditor - they don't read half of what you send in anyway

Test it, sign your cca requests "Mr M Mouse" and see how many refuse......

Point is, YOU'RE factfinding. It's all about YOU and creating a paper trail for YOU.
              OK fair enough I will get that done.

Comment

It's about doing what you feel best mate. It's the best advice we'll ever give - only do what you feel is right. That way you're always in total control of whatever you do.

As planB says, you can edit the template so it literally just has the request with removal of all serious wording - it's fine. Whatever suits you but just remember they won't often respond to points in a cca - they just send the info or pass it to the creditor or return the request to you. They're pretty lazy tbh.

Comment

Type of account Creditcard - Nationwide
                  Date commenced October 2011
                  Approx balance £7,040
                  Date last paid April 2014
                  Are you on arrangement or not paying – I madean arrangement with them to pay £6 per month
                  Status default July 2014
                  Account owner Nationwide recoveries

July 2014 Agreed to my payment of £6 per month and defaulted me after I send income and earnings details.

Around early Feb 2015 they left a message for me to call them back and told me they intendedto take action getting a ccj and putting an order on my house unless I paidthem a lump sum of approx. 70% of my outstanding balance told them I couldn't do this.

February got a letter giving me 7 days to accept adiscount on outstanding balance without prejustice and to call them
                  17th February got a final notice giving me 14 days to get in touch and make an arrangementbefore court action starts
                  17th February send a letter asking if I can pay the offer in instalments but not had anyresponse yet
                  03rd March sent a letter as per Mrs D's advice complaining I am not being responded to and I'm being harassed

New Entry

07 March receive a letter from Nationwide saying the account has been outsourced to Shoosmiths Solicitors at a balance of £3,800 which is way below the actual balance of approx. £7,050

This is not a response to my complaint letter as that only arrived on 05 March and this letter is dated 04 March.

Any idea what is going on?

Comment

Have you sent the CCA request yet?

Comment

No I've not had a chance yet. Do you think I should still send it to Nationwide? Any idea why they would reduce the balance?

Comment

Nationwide and send a copy to shoesmiths with a cover letter saying please find enclosed letter sent to your client.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes1

Send in the s78 request because, although there might be less chance of such a recent agreement being found to miss prescribed terms. the request would tend to slow down Nationwide and/or Shoosmiths. Until they do comply with the request even by cobbling together some sort of reconstituted "twue copy" as per HHJ Waksman - s78(6) would apply, preventing them from getting any judgement in their favour.

No, I do not know why they have reduced the sum demanded by so much. A wild guess might be that they have decided to deduct various unfair charges from the debt, but that is just a very wild guess and no better than anyone else's guess.

Comment

Type of account Creditcard - Nationwide
                            Date commenced October 2011
                            Approx balance £7,040
                            Date last paid April 2014
                            Are you on arrangement or not paying – I madean arrangement with them to pay £6 per month
                            Status default July 2014
                            Account owner Nationwide recoveries

July 2014 Agreed to my payment of £6 per month and defaulted me after I send income and earnings details.

Around early Feb 2015 they left a message for me to call them back and told me they intendedto take action getting a ccj and putting an order on my house unless I paidthem a lump sum of approx. 70% of my outstanding balance told them I couldn't do this.

February got a letter giving me 7 days to accept adiscount on outstanding balance without prejustice and to call them
                            17th February got a final notice giving me 14 days to get in touch and make an arrangementbefore court action starts
                            17th February send a letter asking if I can pay the offer in instalments but not had anyresponse yet
                            03rd March sent a letter as per Mrs D's advice complaining I am not being responded to and I'm being harassed
                            07 March receive a letter from Nationwide saying the account has been outsourced to Shoosmiths Solicitors at a balance of £3,800 which is way below the actual balance of approx. £7,050

New Entries

12 March receive another letter from Nationwide saying the management of the account will be carried out by shoosmiths sadly saying the balance is £7050 again
                            17 March receive a letter in response to the complaint saying they have done nothing wrong but interestingly saying they did not receive my letter of 17th February despite referring to it in their letter to me of 07 March
                            19 March receive a letter from Shoosmiths giving me 14 days to contact them by phone with a payment proposal before they issue court proceedings. They say they want me to reach a payment proposition so we can avoid court action.

I've not sent out the CCA request yet. should I still go ahead with it? (I'm not ignoring any advice, but I am fighting on a lot of fronts at the moment and not got round to it)

Should I email shoosmiths and ask them what an acceptable repayment amount would be, after all I did request that information in my letter of 17th February which Nationwide denied receiving despite referring to it in a separate letter.

Is there any point writing back to Nationwide and saying they did receive my letter of 17th February and why did they tell me the balance was only £3,800.
                            Last edited by XX007; 19 March 2015, 12:03.

Comment

19 March receive a letter from Shoosmiths giving me 14 days to contact them by phone with a payment proposal before they issue court proceedings. They say they want me to reach a payment proposition so we can avoid court action.

I've not sent out the CCA request yet. should I still go ahead with it?

Should I email shoosmiths and ask them what an acceptable repayment amount would be, after all I did request that information in my letter of 17th February which Nationwide denied receiving despite referring to it in a separate letter.

Is there any point writing back to Nationwide and saying they did receive my letter of 17th February and why did they tell me the balance was only £3,800.
                              That letter from Shoosmiths sounds suspiciously like a Letter Before Action to me. Can you email a copy to planB@all-about-debt.co.uk so I can check the wording.

Send the CCA request to Nationwide with a copy to Shoosmiths immediately.

Don't be panicked into emailing Shoosmiths for a settlement figure yet. Don't be panicked into writing to Nationwide about the different balances either.

Comment

I've not sent out the CCA request yet. should I still go ahead with it?
                                Yes, unless you want Shooshits to kick you around

(I'm not ignoring any advice, but I am fighting on a lot of fronts at the moment and not got round to it)
                                Might this help?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Round-tuit1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1407550

Comment

Working...
                                X