GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: XX007 - UE Diary - Tomorrow never dies

I have just got off the phone and you are spot on I was referred to legal who I called and was told to go through Shoosmiths.

She did tell me to submit an I&e to shoo smiths and make a proposal she hinted they may accept £75 per month but even that might be too high at the moment I will have to have a good think about it.
    Last edited by XX007; 23 October 2015, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by XX007 View Post
      I have just got off the phone and you are spot on I was referred to legal who I called and was told to go through Shoosmiths.
      See what planB says ref CO. May be easier her ringing you (with our full authority)...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        NW may not deal with you now as it'll be referred to legal. I thought I suggested you call Shoosmiths - not NW (as NW won't talk to you now)!

Its probably too late to deal with NW as they've set their position out 130 per month. I doubt that's doable in which case you may need to let them have the charge and just agree with the court a lower payment - that's really the only way they'll let you pay less indefinitely.
        h
        Regardless of of whether you send and I&E in line with CFS - they are entitled to pursue the debt . . .

I'd be looking at asking planB about the CO
        The OP did call Shoosmiths first as you advised them to do by email and the firm has put the account on hold for 30 days. Yay!

The current payment arrangement was made with Nationwide and they are being paid direct so it may/may not be possible to continue to negotiate with them since the FCA CONC 7.3 says a creditor ought to do all sorts of things before threatening or taking legal action. He wanted to give it a go while he has time on his side.

One of the CONC 7.3 "rules" is to give regard to the CFS. As yet the OP has not provided NW with an I & E Form despite their and their solicitors' requests so they are boxing in the dark. They will say they can't be expected to assess whether his monthly payment offer is "reasonable" if they don't know anything about his financial situation. There are times when sending an I & E to a creditor or solicitor is wise, and this may be one of them.

CONC 7.3 also says a creditor should not to take action for at least 30 days (followed by another 30 days if appropriate) if the debtor informs them that they are intending to enter into a DMP etc.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-21

The OP's main concern is to avoid legal proceedings at all costs. This may include setting up a DMP even if it's only to buy him more time (a year or even more) until he can afford to make F & F settlements. Some of his debts may be UE but I doubt a DMP will allow you to mix and match your debts.

Whatever happens he knows he's got 30 days to figure out what would be the best option for him to take once he's done his homework even if that includes a visit to the CAB so he can demonstrate he's taking the situation seriously.

Not enough is known about the OP's overall financial situation for me to suggest a voluntary charge.

Plan B x

Comment

She did tell me to submit an I&e to shoo smiths and make a proposal she hinted they may accept £75 per month but even that might be too high at the moment I will have to have a good think about it.
          I missed this and a couple of other posts while I was busy typing mine and on the phone at the same time.

A hint at £75 per month from the lady at Nationwide is a step in the right direction. At least they're considering less than Shoosmiths' first indicated.

Shoosmiths may be dealing with you direct, but they still have to take instructions from their client. If NW are willing to accept payments which will take longer than 60 months to clear the debt then Shoosmiths can't argue.

Take your time to think all this through. You've got a whole month in front of you.

Plan B x

Comment

She did tell me to submit an I&e to shoo smiths and make a proposal she hinted they may accept £75 per month.
            This is a link to the CAB Budgeting Tool which I understand is based on the CFS. https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/quickfs.asp

Click in the *i* symbol next to the category to see suggested amounts based on the Trigger Figures (these get updated annually) http://www.cfs.moneyadvicetrust.org/faqs.asp?page_id=37

You can fill it in and save it in Word format to go back and alter anything you may have missed or want to reconsider.

You can then print it off and send it to Shoosmiths if you don't want to use their I & E.

Plan B x

PS I am not a debt advisor so take what I say with a pinch of salt and then make up your own mind on what would work best for you

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              The creditor is forbidden from enforcing whilst a formal payment arrangement / agreement is in place and that is legislation not just CONC

. . the best course of action is to get a formal agreement of repayment in place with the creditor which immediately stops ANY legal action.

. . . . a claim will not be issued and if one is the last thing I would be worried about is CONC. I'd rather hide behind the fact I was paying into it which bars them an automatic right to enforcement.
              I don't know if there is any legislation which forbids a creditor from issuing legal proceedings but they should jolly well stick to the spirit of CONC 7.3 once the OP gets a formal payment arrangement in place.

I'm quietly confident that he may dodge this bullet

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                I don't know if there is any legislation which forbids a creditor from issuing legal proceedings but they should jolly well stick to the spirit of CONC 7.3 once the OP gets a formal payment arrangement in place.

I'm quietly confident that he may dodge this bullet

Plan B x
                sorry my bad. It relates to formal (ie IVA / DRO etc). I think I misread original post so answered incorrectly. As you've said CONC is the authority we'd argue if a payment plan is offered.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Posted on 23rd October

Shoosmiths have put it on hold for 30 days so that's good news..
                  What happened when the 30 days expired?

All under control now I hope.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    Posted on 23rd October

What happened when the 30 days expired?

All under control now I hope.

Plan B x
                    I hope all is quite as the OP has not updated ...........
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks everyone they gave me some further time after the initial 30 days. I have sent in my offer and I am waiting to hear if it will be accepted.

Comment

Shoosmiths have agreed to the payment for 12 months. Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

Great news!
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hello again my monthly payments have been allowed to tick over for the last couple of years and I repaid some of my debt all though I have never managed to get much money saved up to make any settlements with my creditors. The only issue I have at the moment is PRA group consistently calling me with their automated line on my mobile and at home do you think I should complain or should I not rock the boat.

Comment

• you could send the telephone harrasment template, they will most probably reply that they havent been unreasonable and they use this way to best contact and help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by XX007 View Post
                                issue I have at the moment is PRA group consistently calling me with their automated line on my mobile and at home do you think I should complain or should I not rock the boat.
                                Which debt is this for?

PRA need careful handling because they are very litigious. If you take a confrontational approach they tend to issue a claim. So no boat-rocking just yet.

If these calls have only just started could it be for a debt which has only been recently assigned to them which is when they tend to hit the phones?

A little more information would help (sorry I haven't read back through your thread.)

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X