GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jet Set Willy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jet Set Willy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jet Set Willy's UE Diary

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    They ARE, they will be getting lovely cards with powdery snow...
    Anthrax?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Anthrax?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello all, hope everyone had a peaceful holiday season

Only a minor update regarding a Kays account. Quick recap, had an agreement from kays ages ago but it was from 2007 whereas i opened the account pre 2000. Lowells have bought the account outright. They have had a couple of payments previously but they got pushy so here we are.

Had a lovely conversation on the phone today (i know i know but i was feeling bullish). Anyway, due to her patronising tone she wont be on my xmas card list next year.

Its time to give us money she says, to which i reply, can you tell me when i opened this apparent account? 199x she says. So i ask how come the agreement i have is from 2007 then? Also, its my name but doesnt look like my signature.
        Hold on, i will speak to someone.

Cue distorted music

She says, you should contact shop direct directly and talk to them about a potential fraud.

But who owns the account i ask, we do she says. Then i will only deal with you. Please send me a correct copy of the agreement. But we can only send you what you already have she moans. Well that isnt good enough i say, be gone with you and take your baying hounds as well!

But what do you expect me to do comes the cry????
        I care not is my reply, but if it helps i will write you a letter explaining why it is clear you havent met your obligations under the cca yet. From here on in i will only correspond in written form and your pestering by phone will be ignored.

'Whatever' she shouts and the phone goes dead.

Luckily, my phone number has just changed and my mobile is out of contract next week so it will be by letter only!

I know i shouldnt have but TV has been bad lately

PS: The smileys just get better and better on this site. Fab-a-rooney.

Comment

have you thought a career as a sitcom writer?????

as she said whatever, see what they come back with

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
            have you thought a career as a sitcom writer?????

as she said whatever, see what they come back with

Good grief no, sadly it would be sub channel 5 standard i think lol

You know how it is sometimes, they just get your back up. Hope you had a nice chrimbo Evenless

Comment

I know it, Lloyds once got my DMP (when I had one) mixed up with the BNP, ie if you can pay your BNP why can't you pay you're credit card, boy did I burn their ears and their bosses ears and his bosses ears...................does you good sometimes!

Comment

So another letter has arrived but mentions nothing of our conversation on the phone about the agreement they sent me being from the wrong decade. Just demanding payment or they might resort to court or a home visit!

I really am unsure what to send back, can anyone point me in the right direction? They openly admit to me starting this account in the late 90's and say they cant understand why the agreement is from 2007 and i should contact Kays even though they fully own the account.

Its basically a load of old tosh and i just want them to know it so they cant say i ignored them.

Comment

Okay then, i have made the decision i will send off another pound to Lowells and ask them for a copy of the credit agreement. I appreciate i did this ages ago with kays but since they now own the account outright i will give them the chance to get it wrong so i can tell them to bugger off.

If anyone thinks this isnt the right thing to do i would appreciate being told off lol.

cheers folks

Comment

Hi JSwilly,

Have a look at my diaries, we have just got Lowells to back down on two accounts using templates from here.

>The Saga- Garlok's Diaries. - allaboutFORUMS

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                      Hi JSwilly,

Have a look at my diaries, we have just got Lowells to back down on two accounts using templates from here.

>The Saga- Garlok's Diaries. - allaboutFORUMS

regards
                      Garlok
                      Hi Garlok, thanks for the link. Impressive work on your accounts and i am so chuffed for you. Well done.

Having just read through your thread i think starting from scratch with lowells makes sense. I know i got a load of junk back from kays originally but it will save me trying to explain to the cloth eared bunch!

The only difference is they couldnt find any cca for you whereas i wonder how doggedly they will stick to the story that the one i will be provided with is legit! (even though the date is several years out and they admitted on the phone they find it confusing lol).

Will update as and when. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi jet set willy,

It is not always considered best but I have always taken the stance on board that if a new owner (i.e. debt purchaser) comes on board as is the case with Lowells then starting from scratch gives them pain that they cannot ignore and reminds them that they have also purchased all the obligations, responsibilities and liabilites that the ALLEGED original agreement had and not just the profitable bits (for them) that they would have you believe is the case.

If it is just a DCA acting on behalf of or as agents for an OC then no i don't start again but just keep batting them away basically standard letters, some more threatening than others that Armageddon is coming their way not in my direction. However I was fairly lucky in that we had solicitors on board early on and they conducted the original investigations and nothing legally substantive was forthcoming from the OC. That allowed me to use OFT guidelines and their name to threaten any DCA that got naughty. However just before the sale the last DCA was Wescot and they, very foolishly, in trying to bring me to heel sent copies all of the original documentation from Barclaycard for the biggest account which was of course drivel. I did not tell Lowells that, just put them through the hoops of standard AAD practice which is both correct and lawful and they cannoit ignore it as the debt purchaser and current owner.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Working...
                        X