GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jet Set Willy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jet Set Willy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jet Set Willy's UE Diary

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
    Lol, i have no doubt about that. Was thinking about starting a book on which dca i might get first haha
    I'll put £1 on RMA....
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Whoever it is, keep a good record. This customer found out it pays to do so:

MBNA Debt Recovery Practices Slammed in Court | 3 Mar 11 | CREDIT CARD NEWS

Comment

Certainly will mate, i have my folders primed and ready lol. I even have my original folder for my credit card which includes everything except my agreement from back in the late 90's.

Comment

Best of luck - keep us updated with responses etc received
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

New letter from MBNA informing me of the agreement being terminated and informing me as to what they may do to recover their money.

Thoughtfully they say they will inform me as and when it happens and that i will get no more statements either. Wonder if they will continue to add interest, i am sure i read they can only do that if it is written into the agreement itself. Time will tell i guess. Oh, and if i would like to pay in full or offer a reasonable amount to settle then i should phone.

Here it begins i reckon
            Last edited by jet set willy; 14 July 2011, 14:37.

Comment

New letter from MBNA informing me of the agreement being terminated and informing me as to what they may do to recover their money.

Thoughtfully they say they will inform me as and when it happens and that i will get no more statements either. Wonder if they will continue to add interest, i am sure i read they can only do that if it is written into the agreement itself. Time will tell i guess.

Here it begins i reckon
              Hmmm, have you been defaulted? Anyhow, ignore for now and see what they send next
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes, Niddy, default letter sent in may and showing on my credit file.

Comment

Yes, Niddy, default letter sent in may and showing on my credit file.
                  Ok, shame - however it may be wrong, but right now don't worry anyway - see what develops

Comment

Morning folks

Just an update for my shop direct account. I have had a letter which included one from Shop Direct telling me the account had be legally assigned to Lowell and another letter (in the same envelope) from Lowell saying that the debt was SOLD to them on such and such a date.
                    I am sure you know all the rest, get in touch set up monthly etc etc.

I am slightly interested in the fact that they say the debt was sold so i guess they arent working on behalf of shop direct and they have genuinely bought this debt for what is most likely pennies.

So i need some advice if possible on what to send them. Should i be replying pointing out that the account is in dispute and i am still waiting on my correct CCA with the CORRECT address at time of opening, CORRECT terms at inception, CORRECT opening date and a signature that is in my handwriting? Or perhaps it should be a standard template to start?

Thanks chaps

Comment

Morning folks

Just an update for my shop direct account. I have had a letter which included one from Shop Direct telling me the account had be legally assigned to Lowell and another letter (in the same envelope) from Lowell saying that the debt was SOLD to them on such and such a date.
                      I am sure you know all the rest, get in touch set up monthly etc etc.

I am slightly interested in the fact that they say the debt was sold so i guess they arent working on behalf of shop direct and they have genuinely bought this debt for what is most likely pennies.

So i need some advice if possible on what to send them. Should i be replying pointing out that the account is in dispute and i am still waiting on my correct CCA with the CORRECT address at time of opening, CORRECT terms at inception, CORRECT opening date and a signature that is in my handwriting? Or perhaps it should be a standard template to start?

Thanks chaps
                      Just ignore for now see what they send next
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA:

Well only a minor update, another letter from MBNA simply saying that they have made a decision on what they are going to do and that is to sell the account. They dont say who to but will let me know when it has been decided.

Very nice of them. They dont even bother asking for money! Surely they would have to hand over the correct paperwork when they sell it, if so then could even let me look at it
                        Some 9 months in, some sort of cca will surely be on its way soon, even if it is a recon. Fingers crossed they dont stumble across it anytime soon!

Shop Direct:

Have checked my credit file and Lowell have indeed replaced shop direct as owner of the debt. All history has been removed and a single lonely 'D' sits there looking quite forlorn. I assume this means they have definitely bought the debt as was said and not merely acting on behalf.

Onwards and upwards....

Comment

oooh you have a nice pair, may I help if I can.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Comment

Chances are MBNA will never find the CCA - they have lost that many!

Comment

Lol, if chickens were pounds then there would be to many to start counting yet on this account.

One day at a time with everything i have crossed

Comment

Working...
                                X