GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Walsh1's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walsh1's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walsh1's UE Diary

Date from the last payment,/ acknowledgment , the chancers sure others will comment also
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What should I do? Have a letter from 2009 which says from Cap1 they don't hold copirs of default notices. So will be intresting what they send

Should I just sit and wait now? Help

Comment

they just a record on file which a SAR should show, no actual copy, but as above if no acknowledgement etc then from last due payment usually 30 days after last payment date, see what other say
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Help:
          Sent SB letter.
          Letter back from Lowell today. My last payment was 6-08- 08.
          They say the debt is not SB under the 1980 Limit.. Act and is legally enforceable because the default notice was dated 7 Jan 2009. Thus SB date is 8 Jan 2015.
          They say they will obtain a cooy of the Default notice from Cap1 and send it to me. Then if I don't pay or come to an agreement they will take legal action.
          Help, what do I do?

Comment

Haha they're talking utter SHYTE.

Don't worry. Seriously. If you last paid (confirmed by the dca) on 06 August 2008 then see on 7th August just gone, it was SB under the Limitations Act so the DCA can go

If you really want I'll sort you a suitable "get lost muppets" reply but I'd really not worry cos this IS SB
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Never in Doubt., If u would let me have a reply to them. Or should I just wait. Thanks for the help

Comment

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...statute-barred I would pop this off, they are just trying to see if you are daft and believe them,

Comment

Thanks Mrs D. Will do. Thanks TC And NID

Comment

Originally posted by Walsh1 View Post
                    Help:
                    Sent SB letter.
                    Letter back from Lowell today. My last payment was 6-08- 08.
                    They say the debt is not SB under the 1980 Limit.. Act and is legally enforceable because the default notice was dated 7 Jan 2009. Thus SB date is 8 Jan 2015.
                    They say they will obtain a cooy of the Default notice from Cap1 and send it to me. Then if I don't pay or come to an agreement they will take legal action.
                    Help, what do I do?
                    Well, what I would personally do is make a formal complaint about their deliberate deceit and attempt to extract money under false pretences. Point out that they know as well as anyone that the date of a default notice has no relevance whatsoever to the date at which an alleged debt becomes statute barred. They quote the Limitation Act 1980 – it might be a good idea if they actually read it beforehand.

Tell them that you demand a formal apology for this deceitful conduct, a written acknowledgement that the alleged debt is indeed statute barred, and an assurance that you will receive no further harassment. Any other response WILL result in this complaint being escalated to the relevant regulatory authorities.

I went through all of this with Crapbot Farcical last year. Continued harassment after the SB date had passed, and a blatant refusal to acknowledge the truth. It went through their internal complaints procedure and on to the FOS. In the end, I got £50 compensation out of Crapbot Farcical.

SH

Comment

Thanks SH will let you all know, lol

Comment

SB is 6 years from last payment, so if you say the last payment was 06/08/08 it would be SB from 06/09/14, the Default date is nothing to do with it and they are talking through their backside.
                        do you have any proof of your last payment of any kind

Comment

Thanks Nightwatch got the statements they sent me on a sar. Also got a letter which states they don't keep copies of default notices. Also a letter from ICO saying they should provide a copy.
                          Will be interesting what they come up with, fraud lol. Will let u all know. Thanks to all for the help

Comment

Help, just had reply from Lowells. They say default notice was for the full ammount issued on 7th jan 2009. They say not statute barred till 8 th Jan 2015. They say Capital One can't provide a copy of default notice. They say def not statute barred. They offer 15% discount and given me two weeks before they start collection. Else they will issue court proceedings! Help!

Comment

Last payment was 06/08/08 help

Comment

calm down. lowell are doing this to quite a few people. I'll try and fine out what replys are being sent to Lowell and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X