GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Walsh1's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walsh1's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walsh1's UE Diary

I would personally send it next time Lowells write to me, as by then it will have gone beyond 7th September and any minor arguments about the statute barring date should be irrelevant.

If they want to argue at that point, they would need to find “evidence” of a written acknowledgement or a payment which does not appear on the original statement. It is not impossible that they would try to fake something, but they could also just admit SB and let this one go. They did that in a similar case recently (scarednshakin).

SH

Comment

Yes, at the very least I would wait until their next letter, just to be on the safe side, as sometimes there are other factors. It's not always as simple as date of first missed payment.

Comment

Will wait, want to stay below the radar. Thanks E and SC

Comment

Hi all, just received a lovely letter from Lowell Financial. Dated 15/09/14 and received 20/09/14
          Letter code on one side LWCH3DEF on the other side LOW101 1/2 with numbers in between.

They say they are worried about my finances and would like to help?
          Translated they want to relieve me of what little cash I have lol

They offer 25% reduction for instant payment
          15% reduction if paid in three equal parts
          Even only £2 per day if the above is not possible

They go on to say that if the above is not possible please at least get in touch for a chat.

They have even offered to help repair my credit file.

They go on to say they are really worried about my finances and would love the opportunity for a chat

The question is after such a lovely, kind caring letter would it be rude to continue ignoring them remembering my last payment was 06/08/08?
          Last edited by Walsh1; 20 September 2014, 11:38. Reason: wrong date of last payment

Comment

ERRR let me think
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Walsh1 View Post
              Hi all, just received a lovely letter from Lowell Financial. Dated 15/09/14 and received 20/09/14
              Letter code on one side LWCH3DEF on the other side LOW101 1/2 with numbers in between.

They say they are worried about my finances and would like to help?
              Translated they want to relieve me of what little cash I have lol

They offer 25% reduction for instant payment
              15% reduction if paid in three equal parts
              Even only £2 per day if the above is not possible

They go on to say that if the above is not possible please at least get in touch for a chat.

They have even offered to help repair my credit file.

They go on to say they are really worried about my finances and would love the opportunity for a chat

The question is after such a lovely, kind caring letter would it be rude to continue ignoring them remembering my last payment was 06/08/08?

Nearly Chocked on me coffee reading that! must be coming and no office party/bonus!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Help, just had another letter from Lowell Financial dated 30 Sept 2014, code LWCH4DEF.Saying they.will now escalate debt to Red if I don`t contact them.
                They say they may use litigation and if they take court action it will involve me paying court costs as well.

Should I still ignore?

Comment

Should I still ignore?
                  On Monday it will be 6 years and 2 months since the last payment. I really can't see any possible reason for not sending an SB letter and putting this thing to bed. It is only wasting your time as much as anyone else's.

SH

Comment

if you want to send the statute barred it can be found here http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...barred-england
                    let us know how it goes x

Comment

Thanks SH and Nightwatch will send letter Monday and keep u informed. Thanks again

Comment

Usual next table RED waiting for O.Hs

Letter bombardment by Lowells as has been reported as to what to expect on another forum - forget where;-

Lowells = 1 x letter on letterhead from original creditor.
                        about 5 or 6 on Lowells letterhead claiming to know what you wear and when.
                        3 on Red DCA paper = Lowell in Drag.
                        3 from Hampton!s legal = Lowell wearing False Teeth.
                        1 from Lowell (swan song) : sometimes this step is omitted.

Comment

Hi TC yes I have seen that some place. Will send them the SB letter on Monday will post when I hear anything. Got a feeling they will try something lol

Comment

Hi TC yes I have seen that some place. Will send them the SB letter on Monday will post when I hear anything. Got a feeling they will try something lol
                            Recorded Delivery!

Comment

Help:
                              Sent SB letter.
                              Letter back from Lowell today. My last payment was 6-08- 08.
                              They say the debt is not SB under the 1980 Limit.. Act and is legally enforceable because the default notice was dated 7 Jan 2009. Thus SB date is 8 Jan 2015.
                              They say they will obtain a cooy of the Default notice from Cap1 and send it to me. Then if I don't pay or come to an agreement they will take lgal action.
                              Help, what do I do?

Comment

Help:
                                Sent SB letter.
                                Letter back from Lowell today. My last payment was 6-08- 08.
                                They say the debt is not SB under the 1980 Limit.. Act and is legally enforceable because the default notice was dated 7 Jan 2009. Thus SB date is 8 Jan 2015.
                                They say they will obtain a copy of the Default notice from Cap1 and send it to me. Then if I don't pay or come to an agreement they will take legal action.
                                Help, what do I do?

Comment

Working...
                                X