GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grassy_K‎ vs Nasty Banks

Barclaycard #3

Date commenced: Approx. 2002

Approx Balance £2500

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange (July 2014 payment missed due to lack of funds)
    Account owner: IDR Finance II Ltd c/o Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd

20/08/13 Court threat (letter before action) from Link despite making token payments as agreed (claimed £5 short although it wasn't.. paid up to get rid of them)
    30/06 - CCA request sent to IDR Finance via Link
    14/07 - Reply from Link - as you are aware, this account was assigned from Barclaycard to IDR Finance in 2013, as such we do not hold the documentation. We have requested the documents including the most recent terms and conditions from Barclaycard and "very much look forward" (???) to providing you with them shortly. Please be aware that this may take up to 30 days.

30/07 - Update - S78 Reply received directly from Barclaycard. I deem this to be
    because it is just two sets of terms and conditions - no application form, no signature, no date. "Terms and conditions received" letter will be going off to LINK at the weekend.

Comment

3 hours of letter writing, filing and admin completed.

'Terms & conditions sent' letters produced for Barclaycards x2

CCA'd two more accounts - Aktiv Kapital owned MBNA & Virgin accounts

Re-CCA'd Co-op & RBS as previously refused due to no signature

I need to cancel Step change £60 monthly payment to all those I've CCa'd and only pay the enforceables directly from now on. But SC has been good "cover" for very low payments that all creditors seemed to accept. My I&E was fictitious, lol, not living like a total monk every month. So my finger is still hovering over the destruct button... What I wouldn't give for a normal life...

Comment

you are definitely not the only one to give a tweaked I/E details to creditors.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
          you are definitely not the only one to give a tweaked I/E details to creditors.
          I know Stepchange get bad press on here, but they have served a purpose in keeping all the wolves at bay during a very turbulent time. As a temporary measure to buy time and get away with very low payments, they've served the purpose well. They will swallow any old shyte and onions of an I&E statement.

Comment

however they won't let you pick and chose who you pay, it's all or nothing. I would be blagging the enforceable ones for the time being as well..................

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              however they won't let you pick and chose who you pay, it's all or nothing. I would be blagging the enforceable ones for the time being as well..................
              The deed is done, I'm no longer a StepChange customer as of today. Braced for a tidal wave of post over the next few weeks.....

UE still scares me and I am very grateful for all the help and support from this site. Big battles lie ahead

Comment

we did this, we cancelled a DMP 6 months in and pursued UE The person I spoke to at CCCS (as it was then) was really understanding, I told her that we wouldn't be constantly badgered by them to increase the already pretty substantila payment. The end ofr me was when one of their so called "advisors" suggested that the banks wouldn't like me supporting my son through his degree as there was other finance options available!!!

Actually it took quite a few months for the penny to drop..............by which time I had popped off all the CCA requests.................and I'm still waiting for most of those CCAs to appear..........................

good luck, you'll be fine, you just need to do what's best for you and yours, bugger the banks!

Comment

More fun and games from Barclaycard today. Will update diary later.

Could a moderator please change the title of this thread to "Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary"? Many thanks in advance..

Comment

• Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post

Could a moderator please change the title of this thread to "Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary"? Many thanks in advance..

Done
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

• Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

To change title, edit post 1 - go advanced. Change title.

Im sure IF will do it before I type this reply mind you
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Told you she would
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Im sure IF will do it before I type this reply mind you
                          Ooops

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Told you she would
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

That's why she's the best

Comment

Barclaycard #2 (old Egg Blue card)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £9,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP until June 2014, nothing since then

Defaulted - Jan 2013

Account owner: Barclaycard

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.
                              24/2 - CCA request sent to Barclaycard for each card
                              23/7 - Reconstituted agreement (just two sets of T&Cs) received from Barclaycard
                              29/7 - "T&C's sent" letter sent to Barclaycard

UPDATE 13/8 - Response received from Barclaycard - "in response to your request for your application, please find enclosed". What was actually enclosed was a printout of a set of data from the 'alleged' internet application - name, address, employer, income etc. NO linked terms, more importantly not a signed credit agreement. I'm fairly sure this is
                              but will scan and submit everything to Niddy just to be on the safe side, as it's a large amount of money. I think I'm also still going to have to press them a little harder on the matter of whether they hold a signed agreement as well, although we know that Egg are good at reconstituting if pushed, but this account is currently not being paid even token payments for the time being. Comments/advice welcome as ever...
                              Last edited by Grassy_K; 13 August 2014, 18:08.

Comment

MBNA Platinum Card

Approx Balance £550

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange until June 2014, nothing since then

Account owner: Aktiv Kapital

04/08 - CCA request sent to Aktiv Kapital
                                14/08 - Response from AK. Acknowledging request for agreement under S 77-79 of the CCA. Will endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed time frames. Have put the collection process on hold until the information is provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Virgin Mastercard (MBNA)

Approx Balance £1500

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange until June 2014, nothing since then

Account owner: Aktiv Kapital

04/08 - CCA request sent to Aktiv Kapital
                                14/08 - Response from AK. Acknowledging request for agreement under S 77-79 of the CCA. Will endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed time frames. Have put the collection process on hold until the information is provided.

Comment

Working...
                                X