GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grassy Knollington vs Nasty Banks

HFC Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £5900

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner HFC still (I think)

13/1 Letter from HFC - account has been referred to Restons Solicitors
    20/1 Letter to HFC - complaint re failure to consider offers or freeze interest, request for copy of Credit Agreement enclosing £1
    21/1 Extremely threatening letter received from Restons - pay up by January 30th or we will issue a County Court summons
    21/1 Letter to Restons - outstanding CCA request and account in dispute with HFC
    29/1 Letter from Restons - We are referring to our client and will revert back to you in due course

13/2 - STILL NO RESPONSE FROM HFC TO MY CCA REQUEST AND COMPLAINT
    13/2 - Letter from Restons - backing down from the court action - no longer instructed in this matter, please direct all future communications to HFC

Well well! I wouldn't have believed it! What's the betting that they have a compliant agreement??! This stuff actually works! I know Restons would have gone for the jugular if they could have - CCJ and charging order, as they are legendary. Very happy tonight!

Comment

no shit Sherlock! of course you can get through, you just need to play the game, carefully

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        no shit Sherlock! of course you can get through, you just need to play the game, carefully
        haha thanks MrsD! I have an absolute mountain to climb yet, 6 years before SB on any of my huge debts, but you know what, I've decided to CCA each and every one of the buggers and go down the UE route. This site is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by grassy_knollington View Post
          HFC Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £5900

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner HFC still (I think)

13/1 Letter from HFC - account has been referred to Restons Solicitors
          20/1 Letter to HFC - complaint re failure to consider offers or freeze interest, request for copy of Credit Agreement enclosing £1
          21/1 Extremely threatening letter received from Restons - pay up by January 30th or we will issue a County Court summons
          21/1 Letter to Restons - outstanding CCA request and account in dispute with HFC
          29/1 Letter from Restons - We are referring to our client and will revert back to you in due course

13/2 - Letter from Restons - backing down from the court action - no longer instructed in this matter, please direct all future communications to HFC
          25/2 -
          They have around 3 further weeks to respond under FCA complaint handling guidelines - seems like they are maybe having difficulty in locating the original agreement, or in producing a reconstruction.

Part of me wants to just let sleeping dogs lie, but I am tempted to take them to the Ombudsman for failing to respond to my request/complaint. After all they did set Restons on me, and if they can't produce the agreement, I'd quite like them to actually admit it and then I can file this one away for the moment. Any advice here? Thanks.

Comment

Barclaycards x 2 (both old Egg cards, World MasterCard and Standard Card)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004 & 2005

Approx Balance £9,000 and £10,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP every month to each

Defaulted - never apparently

Account owner: Not sure. I thought this was with a DCA... maybe Link.

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.
            24/2 - CCA requests x 2 sent to Barclaycard for each card (after a little delay on my part)
            Better late than never, got the CCA's off in the post today. I have a feeling these will go to one of the more "ruthless" collection agencies when they mass assign next month (probably), and therefore need to be fully armed given the size of the debts

Comment

They have around 3 further weeks to respond under FCA complaint handling guidelines - seems like they are maybe having difficulty in locating the original agreement, or in producing a reconstruction.

Part of me wants to just let sleeping dogs lie, but I am tempted to take them to the Ombudsman for failing to respond to my request/complaint. After all they did set Restons on me, and if they can't produce the agreement, I'd quite like them to actually admit it and then I can file this one away for the moment. Any advice here? Thanks.
              Don't poke them....... let the dog sleep....

Better late than never, got the CCA's off in the post today. I have a feeling these will go to one of the more "ruthless" collection agencies when they mass assign next month (probably), and therefore need to be fully armed given the size of the debts
              Good luck......
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycards x 2 (both old Egg cards, World MasterCard and Standard Card)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004 & 2005

Approx Balance £9,000 and £10,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP every month to each

Defaulted - never apparently

Account owner: Not sure. I thought this was with a DCA... maybe Link.

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.
                24/2 - CCA requests x 2 sent to Barclaycard for each card (after a little delay on my part)
                5/3 - Very lengthy reconstituted Egg agreement received from Barclaycard for card #1. Accompanying Letter: "...we have now fully complied with all our obligations under S.78". It looks good and professional
                I shall now perform the "scan and send to Niddy" procedure this evening.

Comment

I shall now perform the "scan and send to Niddy" procedure this evening.
                  Mail returned "message size exceeded". Trying again.......

Comment

Mail returned "message size exceeded". Trying again.......
                    Just send the first 3 pages....

Niddy will ask if he needs any more..
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                      Just send the first 3 pages....

Niddy will ask if he needs any more..
                      Thanks Deepie! I've managed to chop it all up into3 parts and resend it before I read your reply, lol

Comment

Just a little update on my Egg CCA, I didn't hear anything back on it from Niddy so I"m not sure if he received it in the end.

Comment

Suspect he been kinda busy so dont fret. Sure he will come to it when he can.

Easy to say I know but now its bumped just chillax.

Comment

Just a little update on my Egg CCA, I didn't hear anything back on it from Niddy so I"m not sure if he received it in the end.
                            Sorry I've been snowed under. I'll try check tonight / tomorrow and will email straight back.

Thanks.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ah, cheers then, no worries. I just thought the emails might not have got through with them initially bouncing etc. Many thanks!

Comment

I'm shattered mate. I'll deffo give an answer by this time tmw. There's no dire rush right now.....

If you can resend then I'll look quickly on phone (ie in the next 12hrs) but your last emails are on my laptop now
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X