GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grassy_K‎ vs Nasty Banks

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    It did have a couple of minor faults but it was way too easy to remedy and rightly so, you sometimes have to concede in order to win the bigger fight..... I'd have probably blogged it a bit first mind you, but no harm done if you're happy with the £10pm deal.
    Yep, happy enough in the circumstances. I'd rather concentrate my time and energy fighting the confirmed UE stuff. Thanks for all your assistance with it Niddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
      Marbles Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £1950

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner 1st Credit

12/4 - Letter of introduction / NOA received from 1st Credit - they've crawled out of the woodwork on a Marbles debt that I stopped paying on about 6 months ago.
      12/4 - CCA request sent to 1st Credit and debt disputed

Update

19/4 - Fairly nice, non threatening response from 1st Credit thanking me for my letter. They have requested the relevant documents from the original creditor, Marbles, and will post them to me when they receive them.
      Update on this - I've heard nothing further from 1st Credit, they must be having problems getting the Marbles agreement so I'm sitting tight, it will be UE in September 2019! Long way to go yet.

Comment

Re: Grassy Knollington vs Nasty Banks

Barclaycard #1 (old Egg card)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £9,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP every month

Defaulted - Jan 2013

Account owner: Barclaycard

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.
        24/2 - CCA requests x 2 sent to Barclaycard for each card (after a little delay on my part)
        5/3 - Very lengthy reconstituted Egg agreement received from Barclaycard. Accompanying Letter: "...we have now fully complied with all our obligations under S.78". It looks good and professional
        19/3 - Niddy says
        - no agreement just T&Cs
        22/3 - UE letter sent to Barclaycard

Update - no response from Barclaycard as yet, they did sign for the letter. Should I send another chaser?

Comment

Update - no response from Barclaycard as yet, they did sign for the letter. Should I send another chaser?

If it were me ....I'd not chase them best just sit tight....
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            If it were me ....I'd not chase them best just sit tight....
            I should probably clarify that I am still on wussy token DMP payments with this and my other Egg at the moment, to reduce the chances of the debt being sold to Marlin or MKDP for now.

I need to know what hand of cards they hold before I go down the UE route with them and cease token payments, as these are large and potentially risky debts, especially with the nasty debt purchasers that Barclays favour.

Comment

I should probably clarify that I am still on wussy token DMP payments with this and my other Egg at the moment, to reduce the chances of the debt being sold to Marlin or MKDP for now.

I need to know what hand of cards they hold before I go down the UE route with them and cease token payments, as these are large and potentially risky debts, especially with the nasty debt purchasers that Barclays favour.

The UE route will only work if they aren't getting paid...........
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Barclaycard #1 (old Egg card)

Approx Balance £9,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP every month

Defaulted - Jan 2013

Account owner: Barclaycard

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.
                  24/2 - CCA requests x 2 sent to Barclaycard for each card (after a little delay on my part)
                  5/3 - Very lengthy reconstituted Egg agreement received from Barclaycard. Accompanying Letter: "...we have now fully complied with all our obligations under S.78". It looks good and professional
                  19/3 - Niddy says
                  - no agreement just T&Cs
                  22/3 - UE letter sent to Barclaycard
                  11/6 - Response from Barclaycard enclosing a copy of my signed application form from 2003

Update above. Copy of application form received to go with the terms and conditions previously supplied! Blast! This is why I didn't want to proceed down the UE route for this one, and end up on MKDP (or similar litigious turds') books, before I had the cards on the table. Better a token payment forever than a CCJ in my position.

I will send over the new docs for Niddy to have a look at within the next few days (many thanks in advance...) but feeling a bit deflated after receiving this and also one of my other big debts (HSBC) being deemed enforceable. Still, I have 8 other creditors to CCA yet, so will keep on going and hope to lose a few still in the process.

Comment

send it off to Niddy, doesn't mean it's the right one or it's complete

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                    send it off to Niddy, doesn't mean it's the right one or it's complete
                    I've just emailed it to Niddy, thanks MrsD.

Comment

• Re: Grassy_K‎ vs Nasty Banks

I've just emailed it to Niddy, thanks MrsD.
                      Sadly, the agreement tallies with page 001 and page 010 (base of agreement mentions terms 1.2 and 16 and both tally - ie are personal information) and as it's the signed agreement, it's kinda checkmate from this point.

You could blag it or come to some agreement.......
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Sadly, the agreement tallies with page 001 and page 010 (base of agreement mentions terms 1.2 and 16 and both tally - ie are personal information) and as it's the signed agreement, it's kinda checkmate from this point.

You could blag it or come to some agreement.......
                        Thanks Niddy. Not having much luck so far, just my luck that two of my big debts have been found

No appetite to try and take on Marlin or MKDP with an enforceable agreement behind them, so token payments forever it is then, and hope that it stays in-house at Barclays...

I'll now concentrate on CCAing my other creditors. Barclays are also in default of my CCA on my other Egg card so I'll be following that up too, as never had a reply.
                        Last edited by Grassy_K; 20 July 2014, 16:51.

Comment

Mass CCA of creditors done at the weekend, only a couple left to go now.

Egg/BarclayCard 2 - 10k - token payments at present - CCA reminder sent

Capital 1 - 6k - token payments - CCA sent

Co-Op - 3.5k - token payments - CCA sent

Barclaycard 3 with IDR/Link - 2.5k - token payments - CCA sent

Mint - 3.5k - token payments - CCA sent

Halifax - 9k - token payments - CCA sent

Lloyds Platinum - 5k - token payments - CCA sent

Time to finally get the house in order, see who's holding what documentation and stop all payments to those who cannot enforce, get the SB clock ticking. Although with my luck they will all probably be enforceable lol.
                          Last edited by Grassy_K; 15 July 2014, 19:50.

Comment

Barclaycard #3

Date commenced: Approx. 2002

Approx Balance £2500

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange (July 2014 payment missed due to lack of funds)
                            Account owner: IDR Finance II Ltd c/o Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd

20/08/13 Court threat (letter before action) from Link despite making token payments as agreed (claimed £5 short although it wasn't.. paid up to get rid of them)
                            30/06 - CCA request sent to IDR Finance via Link

14/07 - Reply from Link - as you are aware, this account was assigned from Barclaycard to IDR Finance in 2013, as such we do not hold the documentation. We have requested the documents including the most recent terms and conditions from Barclaycard and "very much look forward" (???) to providing you with them shortly. Please be aware that this may take up to 30 days.

Letter filed. Barclaycard "won" my previous CCA request with an enforceable agreement so will see what they come up with this time. I have a feeling that this was either (1) A goldfish card that converted to a Morgan Stanley that converted to a Barclaycard , or (2) A Woolwich Secured Mastercard that converted to an unsecured Barclaycard. I don't know which one it was because I had the two non-Egg converted Barclaycards, one was closed with a zero balance and this one I went t**ts up on.
                            Last edited by Grassy_K; 14 July 2014, 19:02.

Comment

Lloyds Platinum Mastercard

Approx Balance £4900

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange (July 2014 payment missed due to lack of funds)

Account owner: Lloyds (was outsourced to Robbers Way to harrass me despite being on a DMP - after complaint made, Robbers Way returned a/c to Lloyds)

30/06 - CCA request sent to Lloyds
                              13/07 - Now this is just odd. I've received a single sheet (on Lloyds headed paper) statement for the last 10 months - no letter, nothing. The letter also has Robbers Way name and address instead of Lloyds where the sender's address goes. Perhaps there is more to come, as I hear Lloyds are quite handy with the scissors and glue?
                              Last edited by Grassy_K; 14 July 2014, 19:11.

Comment

Lloyds Platinum Mastercard

Approx Balance £4900

Account owner: Lloyds (was outsourced to Robbers Way to harrass me despite being on a DMP - after complaint made, Robbers Way returned a/c to Lloyds)

30/06 - CCA request sent to Lloyds
                                13/06 - Now this is just odd. I've received a single sheet (on Lloyds headed paper) statement for the last 10 months - no letter, nothing. The letter also has Robbers Way name and address instead of Lloyds where the sender's address goes. Perhaps there is more to come, as I hear Lloyds are quite handy with the scissors and glue?
                                Seems like Robbers Way haven't passed it back to Lloyds after all. I'd just wait and see what they send next...and who sends it

BTW should the date for the latest letter be 13/07 not 13/06?
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X