GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch's Diary

I don't think there's a lot you can do now but wait and see if they send a claim which I'm afraid they might (hasn't Niddy said this is enforceable?)
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      I don't think there's a lot you can do now but wait and see if they send a claim which I'm afraid they might (hasn't Niddy said this is enforceable?)
      Yes it is.

What does a claim do? Hubby doesn't want a ccj... but we dont have 2k to hand over.... :-(

Comment

If you get a claim, you come straight on to AAD and ask for guidance. You will helped through the whole process and all your options will be explained. We have a very good legal team on AAD and an excellent lawyer. We do not admit defeat and there are many steps to be taken so that a CCJ will not be gained.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

so we just sit and wait?

Wouldn't it be better to offer £5 a month or something?

Sorry I haven't been this far yet so have no idea how this works.

Comment

wait be patient the site will guide you when/if needed = no panicking at this stage or any stage! have faith

Comment

Don't offer anything. Please try and be patient, I know that is easier said than done, but even if you offer £5 they can still issue a claim and the account will never become SB. I don't think any poster has gained a CCJ once a claim has been issued and they have followed the guidance from the site.

Comment

Thanks... just need to know so I can calm hubby! :-)

Comment

I have one of those as well

Comment

Comment

They have issued a claim.... no idea what to do :-( Can't tell hubby as he's really upset about us having to have our dog put down yesterday...

I've never had a claim before... There's a couple of forms asking question about his employment etc....

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                        They have issued a claim.... no idea what to do :-( Can't tell hubby as he's really upset about us having to have our dog put down yesterday...

I've never had a claim before... There's a couple of forms asking question about his employment etc....
                        Hi Patch

I'll alert the legal bods in our mod team. Please try not stress about this as much as possible, they're excellent at guiding people through this and will help you as they have loads of experience.

SnV
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Hi Patch - just to let you know I've put up the flares for you to the legal experts. Someone will be along to advise. First thing to remember is that you should have a good bit of time before even an acknowledgement of service is required so sit tight theres no need to panic.

Best
                          SnV
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Hi Patch

While you're waiting take a look at the following thread:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...rom-a-Creditor

Comment

The team are fantastic Patch, try not to stress.

Comment

Best of luck Patch, I am also having problems with this DCA so I know exactly what you are going through.

Comment

Working...
                                X