GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Patch's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch's Diary

Ahh ok.. so it's just confirming where I live? That's ok.. they all know anyway! lmao

Comment

But it also prompts them to contact you again.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

oh.. well in that case that's different! lol.... will stop lloking.

The reason I keep looking is we are being forced to move in 4 weeks (s21 due to selling house) and we've been told nobody will rent to us if our score is rubbish...?

Comment

You're seen as more of a risk if your credit score is rubbish but it isn't going to miraculously improve in a few weeks! It isn't impossible to rent with a poor credit score but the landlord may want a larger deposit. Have you found anywhere else yet?
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
            and we've been told nobody will rent to us if our score is rubbish...?
            Not true
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

No we haven't found anywhere, no money for a deposit.... goodness knows what will happen in 4 weeks time!

Comment

What about hubby's job?

Comment

Hi Patch

Don't know if you already know this but some local authorities operate rent deposit schemes whereby they will arrange to loan you money towards rent in advance and deposit, some even help towards letting agents fees. Phone up the council and see what support they can offer you. they may want to see a copy of your NTQ as proof of your threat of homelessness. council should check that the NTQ has been issued correctly, if not the landlord will have to re issue and cannot back date, another 2 months - giving you more time to find somewhere else. Do you have dependent children? council have a duty - council accepting even an interim duty can give you a bit more breathing space and extra time

Even better than a councils rent deposit scheme, or having to make a homeless application, is - if you are in receipt of housing benefit you can apply for something called DHP (discretionary housing payment) this is a grant for rent in advance/deposit etc which you do not have to pay back. however to qualify for DHP you must have an existing live HB claim, and give a good excuse was to why you should be offered this help. are you linked in with a support agency of any kind? get them to do a supporting letter for your DHP request.

sorry to interfere if you know all this already

RFU

Comment

Thank you RFU will process all this.. thank you though xx

Cymru he is STILL waiting for his biometric card... apparently it can take 6 months... talk about pick up a happy family and chuck them in a fire!
                    AND... we have been reading about past ILTR people being now denied ILTR... you can imagine what our insides are doing.... keeping my smile on though!!! :-D

Comment

Update.. still waiting for hubbies biometric card... not allowed to rent anywhere until it arrives either as rules changed for that too. Eviction date in 18 days.. still no money to move, nowhere to go... what a year!

Comment

I am sorry to hear that Patch, Its not right and its certainly not fair....

Its not a subject I know a lot about unfortunately, But we are all here behind you

You are both doing so well

Comment

Should I send a sold in dispute or a letter before action thingy?

• Type of account Barclays CC (mine)

• Date commenced05/06/1998
                          • Approx balance £2,481.48

• Date last paid December 2013

• Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying since December 2013

• Status

• Account owner Barclaycard / westcott
                          • Current state of play

24th January 2014 - Two texts telling me to expect a text, two texts telling me I am late paying.
                          And now the automated calls have started.....
                          28th Jan - text "Barclaycard are here to help"
                          29th January 0844 calls at 08:51 - 18:43 - 20:15 - 20:16 - 20:16
                          30th January 0844 calls at 08:43 -
                          31st Jan 0844 calls at 09:38 - 19:09 - 20:37
                          1st February - text telling me to expect a text. Text then telling me I was a 'little late' again.
                          2nd Feb - 0844 calls at 09:38 - 18:05 - 20:20
                          4th Feb - 0844 calls at 11:58 - 18:14
                          5th Feb - text telling me I am a little late paying
                          6th Feb - 09:33 - 19:08 - 20:36
                          7th Feb - 0844 calls - 17:52
                          8th Feb - 0844 calls - 17:40 - 19:59
                          13th Feb - text telling me to expect a text.
                          13th Feb - Text telling me my payment is a 'little' late.
                          17th Feb - text telling me they are here to help if I need them... nope.. I has AAD!
                          20th Feb - 0844 calls at 09:13 - 09:14 - 18:53 - 19:09 - 22:25 -
                          22 Feb - 0844 calls at 09:47 - 18:21 - 20:34 -
                          24th Feb - 0844 calls at 08:59 - 20:18 -
                          25th Feb - text telling me my credit rating could be affected... HA! No shit Sherlock!
                          26th Feb - 0844 calls at 09:31 -
                          27th Feb - 0844 calls at 16:43
                          28th feb - 0844 calls at 09:11 - 18:52 - 20:23
                          1st March - text telling me they have tried to call me, I need to call them or pay at www.I'drathereatskunk.com
                          2nd March - 0844 calls at 09:25 - 17:44 - 19:57
                          4th March - 0844 calls at 08:47 - 18:40 - 20:14
                          5th March - text telling me they have tried to call me, I need to call them or pay at www.kissmyass.com
                          6th March - 0844 calls at 09:25 - 19:01 - 20:34
                          12th March, had enough of all the calls to my mobile so I diverted them all to voice mail :-)
                          14 texts
                          45 calls

27th February CCA request sent.
                          3rd March CCA signed for by 'JOHN' .. does this mean the texts and calls will stop?
                          7th March letter dated 3rd March arrives.. they are concerned and I need to pay or they will 'Set off' on my Barclays account.
                          8th March letter dated 5th March arrives.. Reply to my CCA arrives, no signature. Copy sent to Niddy. UE must send MPT
                          26th March letter dated 19th March from Mercers DEFAULT...
                          27th March sent MPT
                          28th March missing PT signed for by STARTIN
                          3rd April letter dated 28th March arrives, no mention of MPT but saying they will pass debt on.
                          10th April letter dated 1st April saying they have replied to my query regarding MPT pay up.
                          29th April letter dated 23rd April saying Despite our efforts, you need to call us, may be passed on to local DCA, may call at your address, call us now.
                          28th May letter dated 21st May from MERCERS.. we can help, call us now, I've missed 5 payments, if I pay 3 now they will pay the other two. No mention of my request for missing terms.
                          4th July undated letter from MERCERS ... We would like to discuss your current situation and offer you repayment options or we will close your account and the full amount will be due.
                          6th August letter dated 1st August from Barclaycard saying Formal Demand for Payment - as I haven't complied with the default notice payment is due in full within 14 days. If I don't then they will get a DCA involved and register my naughtiness with credit ref agencies..
                          13th August letter saying my account has been passed to WESTCOT I should contact them as a matter of urgency... filed
                          16th August letter from WESTCOT saying they have been isntructed by their client and I need to contact them in 10 days to avoid further recovery action... filed
                          26th August letter from WESTCOT saying they've confirmed I live here, if I don't contact them they will start telephone, text and letter harrasment... filed
                          28th August BARCLAYCARD send me improved terms and conditions letter.... do what now?... filed
                          5th September letter from WESTCOT offering reduced settlement on the £2,883.26 owed.... filed
                          21st September letter from WESTCOT again offering me an 'opportunity to take control in a way that suits me'... yeah well that would be to file this letter then.
                          2nd October letter from 2F (which is Westcot) bascially saying "we know you live there, call us or Barclays will be taking additional action to re-establish contact with you.... filed
                          6th October telephone answer message saying "Please telephone to as on 01482380680. we-are open from 8:00am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am to 4:00pm on ... Thank you." (my 'phone converts voice to text. The 'to as' is infact 2F)
                          9th October telephone answer message saying "Please telephone to as on 01482380680. we-are open from 8:00am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am to 4:00pm on ... Thank you." (my 'phone converts voice to text. The 'to as' is infact 2F)
                          26th November - Letter from Barclays saying the debt has been passed on to MOORCROFT.
                          29th November - Letter from MOORCROFT saying they have my debt.
                          6th December - Letter from MOORCROFT saying they haven't been able to contact me if I don't reply to this letter they will be forced to contact me again or another DCA might.
                          26th December 2014 MOORCROFT installment offer
                          10th January 2015 MOORCROFT you havent paid
                          20th january MOORCROFT discount offer
                          24th March 2015 letter from both BARCLAYCARD and MK Rapid Recoveries saying they have bought the interest in the account
                          8th April MK Rapid Recoveries you haven't paid
                          20th April MK Rapid Recoveries you still havent paid.
                          21 October 2015 Letter from HOIST PORTFOLIO HOLDING 2 LIMITED telling me MKDP has sold all rights to them, HPH2. They have instructed ROBSON WAY to collect payment.
                          26th November letter dated 21st from saying they want to work with me to get a payment agreement. Enclosed a financial statement form.
                          18th January 2016 letter dated 12th January from ROBSON WAY saying their client HPH2 LTD has offered me a 50% deal.
                          8th July 2016 letter dated 2nd July from HOWARD COHEN SOLICITORS NOTICE OF PENDING LEGAL ACTION...saying that I have 10 days to pay or they will issue proceedings in county court for a CCJ.

Comment

ah the perplexing question of what to send if anything?

I sent a LBA and (touchwood) have not heared any thing back yet but you would have to get it off today to meet their deadline of 10 days
                            you may be best with a quick pm to Niddy on this one as all cases are different.

NW xx

Comment

cool... wasn't sure as I have already asked for CCA which was UE, then MPT if I should just chuck them a copy of the "You've bought a disputed wonky donkey return it to original creditor"

as for the 10 days... how do they get away with that??? I didn't get it until today the scheming asshats!

I have to run to work now so can't pm or send anything :-( can I send it tomorrow? They'd get it by Monday and i could state in a covering letter that the date may be 2nd on the letter but it didn't get to me until 8th ?

Comment

I should think that would be fine, I think a quick one line opener of your letter of the xx received by me on the xx would be enough, at the beginning of the letter.

Comment

Working...
                                X