GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RBS unenforcibility query. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBS unenforcibility query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RBS unenforcibility query.

Originally posted by mike'y View Post
    Well they've replied. No mention of my offer of a lump sum settlement. Also no mention of timescale, looks like a template reply. So, for now I can pay £40 per month for 18 years, at least it's interest free. Does the fact they've accepted monthly payments establish a precedent? Should I push them about my lump sum offer or wait until I can afford that? What do you think? Thanks.

Mike.
    I would do what they have asked for mate and pay £40 per month - save more and then in a year or so offer a few grand to get rid once and for all..... So reverse the deal as such - stick to the £40 per month and in the meantime save as much as you can - if you get to 18 months and have £5k then make the offer again, and remind them of this - so keep all records handy. I think they'll probably agree but it may be you pay £5500 in 18 months as well as the £40pm for 18 months but it's still only 60% of debt value isn't it
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
      Mate - you have left your name and address on that! I would remove and edit it. I'll see if there are any mods online who can do this if your not about.
      Thanks mate - If you see this again just click 'report post' and it alerts me via text so I will login pretty damned quick
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        I would do what they have asked for mate and pay £40 per month - save more and then in a year or so offer a few grand to get rid once and for all..... So reverse the deal as such - stick to the £40 per month and in the meantime save as much as you can - if you get to 18 months and have £5k then make the offer again, and remind them of this - so keep all records handy. I think they'll probably agree but it may be you pay £5500 in 18 months as well as the £40pm for 18 months but it's still only 60% of debt value isn't it

Yes, that does make sense. Thanks. I kept a record of who I was speaking with at BC as well as some notes of the conversation. I also mentioned my 'lump sum' proposal to them in a letter I recently sent to them. So it's definateley on record. For now I'm quite happy that I'm paying very little and have breathing space ;-)

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
          IF
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

That's nice of you, thank you ;-).

Life's been a bit hectic and I've been intending to write an update. Basically I've been making £40 per month to Bryan Carter solicitors as agreed. In the meantime RBS have instructed Apex to pursue the debt. I'm now being threatened with CCT action and there could be the possibility of a CCJ registered against me, doh. RBS already have a CCJ against me. These people really are persistant clowns. I've already written to tell them about my payment plan and they still send mail. They phone every day as well but I suspect that's automated.

Comment

Life's been a bit hectic and I've been intending to write an update. Basically I've been making £40 per month to Bryan Carter solicitors as agreed. In the meantime RBS have instructed Apex to pursue the debt. I'm now being threatened with CCT action and there could be the possibility of a CCJ registered against me, doh. RBS already have a CCJ against me. These people really are persistant clowns. I've already written to tell them about my payment plan and they still send mail. They phone every day as well but I suspect that's automated.
              Automated or not, someone had to program the system with your telephone number(s).

How many calls do they make each day, and for how long has that been going on?

If the calls could be said to be oppressive - and it is difficult to understand how they might not be, given that you are already repaying money to those turds - then a case might be made for taking the buggers to court for compensation and/or an injunction requiring them to cease and desist, as it could be contrary to the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (link).

Comment

I usually get a call a day but not on a sunday. The incoming call number is 02476757299 and that's Apex Management, an answering machine. It's been going on for a month or so.

Comment

If they're calling 20+ times a month then there is case law suggesting you could be entitled to compensation.....

--> http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/882.html

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    If they're calling 20+ times a month then there is case law suggesting you could be entitled to compensation.....
                    --> http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/882.html
                    I was thinking of Ferguson v British Gas Trading - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html

Comment

Interesting links, thank you. I'll probably start answering the calls and tell them to write to me. Then I can create a log recording sates and times etc.

Comment

You should also send the turnips a letter telling them to cease and desist

Comment

An update. You may recall I lost this case and have a CCJ against me and yet I'm still being chased.

I sent Apex a couple of snotty letters and they replied with an apology. It's looks quite serious to. The thing is, RBS have now referred the matter to Experto Crapio. I want nothing to do with these people either. At the moment I'm paying £40 per month into Bryan Carters bank account and I'll happily continue to do this until I'm told to pay it into a RBS account. I'd like to sent a strong letter to RBS who again recently threatened me with CT action to obtain a CCJ against me. They really are confused. What do you think about this?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by mike'y; 22 May 2015, 09:40.

Comment

An update. You may recall I lost this case and have a CCJ against me and yet I'm still being chased.

I sent Apex a couple of snotty letters and they replied with an apology. It's looks quite serious to. The thing is, RBS have now referred the matter to Experto Crapio. I want nothing to do with these people either. At the moment I'm paying £40 per month into Bryan Carters bank account and I'll happily continue to do this until I'm told to pay it into a RBS account. I'd like to sent a strong letter to RBS who again recently threatened me with CT action to obtain a CCJ against me. They really are confused. What do you think about this?
                            Wait and see what the small gift is before responding because this falls under harassment and correct processes would usually mean financial compensation of usually £100 - £250 paid direct (not deducted from the debt) - so in your case, wait and see what they send then let us know and we'll clarify - you can still go to the FOS if you remain dissatisfied with the offer made by the firm.

Comment

Thanks Niddy. If they send me bath products I'll take offence at their suggestion I don't wash, ha ha.

Comment

Hmm, no fantastic gift from Apex yet but my answer machines started getting automated calls from Experto Credite who wish to collect the 'outstanding balance' for RBS. Obviously I'll need to somehow pay directly to RBS or their agent sooner or later. Is there any real need for me to deal with Experto and just how much, if any information are they entitled to? I don't mind stringing them along if needs must but I don't want conversations with them every 5 minutes. When the time's right I'd like to send a complaint that will be acted upon to RBS and Experto. I think they've earnt it! It's RBS who are sending out the instructions and they've admitted being in the wrong according to the Apex letter.
                                Last edited by mike'y; 2 June 2015, 11:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X