GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dibs UE Diaries - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dibs UE Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dibs UE Diaries

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
    I have received yet another letter from this lot and my question is this: I know that I have never signed a credit agreement, hence the reason they can't supply an original copy, however, they are stating that a reconstituted copy is all they need to prove the debt in court, so how can they supply a reconstituted copy of something that never existed, isn't that fraud?
    I realise that they are not going to go away and will argue every point, but I am reluctant to send a template letter and need to compose a letter that sets out the relevant argument, which in a nutshell is that they have absolutely nothing with my signature!
    I'm wondering whether it might be a good time to utilise a CPUTR strategy here. Have you read Priority One's thread on that? If not, here it is -

PriorityOne CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008) - allaboutFORUMS

I think a lot of that thread, especially Waksman's assertion that the original would be needed for enforcement, is relevant here.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
      I'm wondering whether it might be a good time to utilise a CPUTR strategy here. Have you read Priority One's thread on that? If not, here it is -

PriorityOne CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008) - allaboutFORUMS

I think a lot of that thread, especially Waksman's assertion that the original would be needed for enforcement, is relevant here.

SH
      if you never signed an agreement

and you make a positive assertion that you never signed an agreement

Then the creditor will need to produce evidence to rebut that assertion.

Comment

Thank you for the replies.
        SH, I have sent the CPUTR 2008 and no joy, (Missed that out,doh!) they confirmed that they had been unable to obtain a copy of the original signed credit agreement and therefore, cannot supply me with it. They then reiterate that the reconstituted copy is sufficient to fulfil the requirements set out under section 77/78 of the CCA, therefore, whether they hold a signed copy or not is not applicable in this instance.
        Last edited by daisy; 7 January 2013, 22:27.

Comment

That is correct, a recon can be used to satisfy the request, but they need proof of an orignal to obtain a court judgement. Thats the point you rely on.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            That is correct, a recon can be used to satisfy the request, but they need proof of an orignal to obtain a court judgement. Thats the point you rely on.
            not entirely correct

If a positive assertion that you never signed an agreement is not made, then the court could give judgment on a recon supported by witness evidence

I just mention "Iron Mountain Fire" as one reason why they would not have a copy of the signed agreement

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
              not entirely correct

If a positive assertion that you never signed an agreement is not made, then the court could give judgment on a recon supported by witness evidence

I just mention "Iron Mountain Fire" as one reason why they would not have a copy of the signed agreement
              I just want to add that personally i think it is wrong that the burden to raise unenforceability in great detail rests on the shoulders of the defendant in these cases.

However that is what it is at the moment and until a higher court rules otherwise, were left with it.

Comment

I couldn't agree more, Paul.

I have often wondered why it is that all the required documents are not prepared and presented to the court by the plaintiff, prior to a summons being issued, which would hopefully ensure that it was at least enforceable, however, clearly I do not have a vast amount of experience of the court system!

Thank you Paul & SXGuy for the replies regards this alleged Citibank account, it's helped me with clarity on my reply to their recent letter.

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
                  I really should have started these before now!

Capital One

Credit card taken out in 1999

Current dca is Robinson Way
                  Approx balance outstanding is £1400
                  Niddy has said that it's UE

August 2007 CCA request sent to Capquest
                  Last payment August 2007
                  September 2007 Account returned to Capital One
                  November 2007 SAR sent to C1
                  December 2007 Account sold to Robinson Way
                  Endless correspondence with RW
                  May 2012 letter from RW stating that the documentation provided is sufficient to prove liability and they will not enter into repetitive correspondence regarding this.
                  November 2012 Letter from RW stating that the account has been assigned to Hoist Portfolio, however, RW will continue to manage the account, pay up or else!

The letters have become as frequent as snow showers and just as irritating, the last one demanded payment or they may take further action against me!
                  I sent the CPUTR request again and enclosed a letter asking why they were refusing to answer this request, same reply from them again: "We are satisfied that the documentation provided is sufficient to demonstrate liability and we will not enter into repetitive correspondence regarding this," clearly a template letter, but I really don't know where to go from here?
                  Last edited by daisy; 19 January 2013, 10:23.

Comment

hi Dibs

Just to clarify, what did they send in response to your CCA request...was this a recon? Did Niddy tell you on what basis it's UE?
                    I know you didn't sign anything for the Citibank account, does that apply to the Cap One account too?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                      not entirely correct

just to clarify...filling in and and signing an application form, will never stand in the place of actually signing an agreement, will it..as a lot of us only ever get back application forms when doing a CCA request ?

Comment

Good Morning Elsa,

RW have only sent a copy of an application form in reply to my CCA request and it is only the application form that I have signed.

I did SAR C1 in 2007, they sent a copy of the application form, a template default notice and a copy of t&c's, they stated the default notice date as 2004, but did not enclose the actual copy, also statements which show several charges of £20 for each overlimit payment fee and late payment fee, however, they only total a little over £200.

Dibs x
                        Last edited by daisy; 19 January 2013, 10:24.

Comment

Hi Dibs,
                          Thanks hun...
                          Apart from CPUTR, what was the last template from here you sent them...missing prescribed terms? ?

Comment

Hi Elsa,
                            Yes, it was this one: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s2-t1.php
                            Always the same reply from them, it's enforceable and they will not engage in repetitive correspondence, maybe I should write the same to them, as they churn out weekly letters!
                            Thank you for your help Elsa.
                            x

Comment

Hold on, lets not get carried away, ive not seen this application form, but i do think theres some misconseption going on here.

An application form, is also an agreement, providing it ticks the right boxes.

It must state that its a consumer credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974, if it says this, its an agreement.

Next it must contain the prescribed terms, either on the same document, or another, but must make reference to that document.

and lastly, you must realise the difference between complying with a CCA Request, and whether it could be used to enforce in court, as its two different things.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                                Hold on, lets not get carried away, ive not seen this application form, but i do think theres some misconseption going on here.

An application form, is also an agreement, providing it ticks the right boxes.

It must state that its a consumer credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974, if it says this, its an agreement.

Next it must contain the prescribed terms, either on the same document, or another, but must make reference to that document.

and lastly, you must realise the difference between complying with a CCA Request, and whether it could be used to enforce in court, as its two different things.
                                Even when the form says...'when completing this application. etc....' ?

Comment

Working...
                                X